Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

the p o r t f o l i o || under construction

Go down 
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction Empty
PostSubject: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:56 am

Like the moon,
we borrow our light. . .
User found: Guest

New charrie topic style yay! 8D

Anyway, welcome to The Portfolio, replacing the now defunct Database. Hope you at least enjoy the sight, even if the walls of text ahead bore you. c:
Active Characters:
  • Taylor Lilian Brooks; Khione.
  • Kim Raziel Swift; Hyperion.
  • Jonathan Wyatt Adams; Aphrodite.
  • Kael Lewis is a son of Aphrodite.
  • Simon Xi Montri; Hecate.

Relationship Status:
  • Taylor has no clue.
  • Raziel is single.
  • Jonathan is crushing on a certain daughter of Apollo.
  • Kael is single.
  • Simon is unsure.

Inactive Characters:
  • Adin Greyhound; Apollo.
  • Abigail Morrigan; Athena.
  • Justine Jay Locke; Phobos.
  • Keith Tobias Warren; Hermes.
  • Alexandra Louise Whitlock; Zeus.
  • Lucy Belle Bradford; Aphrodite.
  • Caleb Austin Wright; Momus.
  • Nicole Aisha Reeve; Ares.
  • Jin Yu; Hades.
  • Maximilian Grant; Hephaestus.
  • Rayne Elise Colton; Apollo.

My characters are undibbable.
Table of Contents:

• Introduction
• Character Profiles
  • Taylor Lilian Brooks
  • Kim Raziel Swift
  • Jonathan Wyatt Adams
  • Kael Lewis
  • Simon Xi Montri
  • Empty Slot
  • Empty Slot
  • Empty Slot
  • Empty Slot
  • Empty Slot
  • Canon: Ethan Nakamura
  • Canon: Ares
• Inactives [wip]
• Miscellaneous [wip]

Last edited by Sappho on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:29 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:57 am

PROFILE | No. 001
• Taylor Lilian Brooks
• Eighteen years of age
• Female
• Born May 29, 1995
• Born in Juneau, Alaska

Family
• Father: Jason Brooks
• Mother: Khione
• 4 years in camp
• Year-Rounder

Registered Pet/s: None
Appearance
"All modesty aside, I'll admit that I've been told that I'm hot. Which is kinda ironic with me being a daughter of the ice goddess. Er... what else do you wanna know? I'm a short blue-eyed redhead. What? Do I have to explain what those words mean? Short as in not tall, blue as in the color, and red as in the... other color. Ugh, why the hell am I doing this..."
Taylor used to have auburn hair framing her heart-shaped face. But then...
"RAZIEL! WHAT ON EARTH HAVE YOU DONE TO MY HAIR?!"
"Chill, girl. That color looks better on you. I mean, you spent seventeen years with auburn hair. About time to get a new style, don't you think?"
"... I'm seventeen?"
Now, Taylor's hair is a striking shade of red with a few light-colored streaks here and there. Nothing seemed to have changed other than that. Her eyes are still a light shade of blue that turn slightly white when her powers come to light. She is of average height at 5'4" with a slim build. Some have told her that she had been slightly fatter before, but thanks to her constantly running around and getting back to her old exercising habits, Taylor had shed most of the body fat.

Taylor is not picky when it comes to clothes, and usually she just wears a sleeveless shirt paired with jogging pants. However, she retains an aversion to dresses or anything that can count as too girly. She doesn't wear jackets, as being a daughter of Khione makes her oblivious to the cold.

Play-by:
Hayley Williams

Personality
"I'm not your average girl. For one, the clothes' store is the last place you'd ever find me in. I have zero aptitude in make-up or any of that kind of stuff. Things like skateboarding and snowboarding are more of my style. Or gaming, I won't say no to that either. Well, to tell the truth, I hardly say no to any kind of challenge, dare or whatever. Apparently, I haven't changed much. That's a good sign, right?"
People describe Taylor to be very confident. She is the type of person who isn't afraid to take risks, a trait she inherited from her father. She has the guts to face a problem head-on, and isn't afraid to resort to physical violence when the situation calls for it. In an instance where a small trouble starts escalating into a bigger argument, she might resort to using colorful words before she starts using her fists.

She's quite a tomboy, being the type of girl who prefers skateboarding to shopping. She's game for almost any outdoor activities--tree climbing, skating, pretty much anything, really. If for some reason she isn't allowed to go outside, she will resort to video games. You will never ever find Taylor dabbling in makeup. You will be hard-pressed to find her in a dress either.

While she may be friendly, deep inside she quickly judges people and relies heavily on first impressions. At first glance, she is already deciding whether you will be her friend or her enemy. And if you end up in her bad side in your very first meeting, it will take a lot to get her to change her opinion of you. As such, she will do her best to be in her best behavior when she's meeting someone for the first time, unless she has already decided that that person will end up ticking her off for the rest of her life.

She is also a stubborn girl, and if she makes a mistake, she wouldn't back down even if she realizes that she is wrong. That makes it hard for her to apologize for her wrongdoings. But not saying she is sorry doesn't mean that her conscience doesn't make her feel guilty. She is also very indecisive and impulsive. She will jump into things without thinking long and hard about them, then almost always regrets it afterwards. Basically, she has lousy decision-making skills and will not apologize if she happens to land everyone in a complicated mess.

Taylor is not good at awkward situations. She tends to stumble in her words and can end up not making any sense, if ever. But in cheerful and jovial instances, she uses sarcasm and wit to crack jokes. She doesn't like it when people start making fun of her or her friends, and she isn't one of those people who will just ignore them if that happens. She will snap back when you throw an insult at her face, and not before long you will find yourself talking to a girl with a very colorful dictionary.

She can be very cruel when she's pissed off. She has come close to killing people before and has not regretted it much--believing that she hadn't done lasting damage to anyone... yet. Taylor can also be rather impatient, so it doesn’t really take long for her to go into a snappy and irritated mood. Make her wait and she'll kill you--well not really kill (maybe), but what she will do will put you a hair's breadth from it.

Despite losing most of her memories, Taylor hasn't undergone any major personality changes. However, she does get irked by the fact that she couldn't really remember anything. Her already thin patience has become worse though, and Taylor has developed the nasty habit of streaming incessant questions to those who she learns have had a connection with her past. She had even come close to literally strangling answers out of people before and she doesn't show any regret for it.

Also, for some strange reason, Taylor gets an odd lonely feeling whenever she sees very young children.

• Fun
  • Outdoors and Outdoor Activities
  • Winter
  • Ice Cream
  • Stereotypes (since Taylor relies on first impressions, she usually goes by stereotype)
  • Action

Dislikes:

• Awkwardness
  • Dramas
  • Sappy romantic movies
  • Crying
  • Ares kids

Hobbies:

• Skateboarding
  • Jogging
  • Listening to music

Secrets:

• Taylor hasn't told anyone how looking at children makes her sad. Her gut feeling says that whatever the reason is, it isn't a good one.

Fears:
Taylor is afraid of failure.

Fatal Flaw:
Overconfidence. Taylor overestimates herself and tends to take on things she can’t handle.

Talents and Skills
"Most of my abilities are more or less related to the cold stuff like ice and snow. Like how I'm resistant to cold, almost as if I was made to stand blizzards. Unfortunately, I lost the rest of my abilities with my memories. But not all hope is lost! I'm in the process of relearning how to freeze water and wield the sword that is apparently mine."

• Combat Skills. Taylor is inclined to typical swordfighting. She doesn't do well with any other weapons.

• Liquid Freeze. Taylor can freeze liquids, the only state of matter she can freeze. Liquids include water, milk, and even blood. However, in freezing blood, Taylor needs to be in contact with the creature, and this takes much more energy than freezing water. She had only tried it once, and she almost killed the victim if she weren’t stopped in time.

• Ice and Snow Manipulation. As a Khione child, Taylor can control ice and snow. She can make them do whatever she want and she can even use them as weapons—like levitating ice shards driving themselves into her target’s flesh.

• Immunity to Cold. Being oblivious to the cold, Taylor can withstand freezing temperatures, but contrary to what she thinks, she can't stand in a raging blizzard and not expect to die. She also has a slightly lower body temperature than normal.

Note: Thanks to her memory loss, Taylor isn't as good at her powers as compared to before. The information listed above indicates the most she can do in the past. She is currently working to relearn her abilities. At present, she can freeze liquids to a small extent. She can also manipulate a small amount of snow to do her bidding and swing Snowflake only with slight difficulty. Taylor doesn't know that she has the ability to kill someone by targeting their bloodstream and freezing it. However, considering her shaky control over freezing liquids in general, it would be unwise for her to try her hand at that high-level power.

The usage of Taylor's demigod abilities drains her and if she does it too much, she experiences fatigue and she runs the risk of passing out. It is similar to how a person gets tired after doing a rigorous physical exercise. This drawback applies to all of my characters with demigodly powers.

Inabilities:

• Shopping, make-up, any other girly things. Because Taylor can be slightly boyish, she cannot stand doing girlish stuff such as the things mentioned. Her fashion sense is also sort of lame.

• Usage of other weapons. Taylor is not really that good with weapons other than her sword. This isn’t usually a problem since she can bend ice and snow to her will.

• Inability to withstand great heat. Taylor’s least favorite season is summer. It isn’t really that surprising since if she’s immune to the cold and it technically makes her stronger, then heat and warmth would naturally weaken her.

• Waiting. It simply isn’t one of Taylor’s strong suits.

History
"Can we please not talk about the past I can barely remember?"
Taylor was born in Alaska, but when she was five years old, her dad took her to New York. Jason Brooks was a risk-taker, getting in a lot of get-rich-quick schemes. They lived a rough life when Taylor was young, since her father wasted a lot of money on risks that gave them little to nothing in return. When she was around six, there arrived the biggest event of their lives: her father won the New York lottery. It changed their lives.

For seven years they lived a life of luxury. Taylor went to a private school for girls, which she extremely disliked. Her father started working as a businessman to utilize the money he won from the lottery. Everything seemed good to the father and the daughter, until one day, Taylor got very pissed off by her classmates and she pushed them to the swimming pool. Being very angry, she didn't realize that her power was going out-of-control; the water in the pool began freezing, trapping the girls in it. If a teacher hadn't walked in, the girls would have been cold and dead. The Mist prevented the others from seeing what had really happened, but nevertheless Taylor was expelled from the school for 'terrorizing' her schoolmates.
"Funny how this is one of the things I can remember. It was an accident, I swear. I didn't even know that I was a demigod then. How the hell was I supposed to know that the water will freeze when I wished it to? Some bits are a little hazy though... I don't know what happened to the girls or anything after that. The only thing I actually remember thinking was wishing the water would freeze with them in it. Cruel, isn't it?"
Taylor being expelled wasn't the worst thing that happened. Her father's business started falling, and in a desperate attempt to get his money back, Jason had turned into a gambler. Gambling made it faster to lose money and once he realized that, he finally decided to send Taylor to camp when she was 13. He knew that keeping Taylor with him would only hurt both of them, since the time will come when he wouldn't have the resources to provide her with her basic needs. Taylor has been in the camp ever since (claimed after a week or so), though she sneaks out every now and then.
"And that's where my mind just becomes blank. I haven't lost all my memories thankfully... but whatever's left with me are in bits and pieces. I can remember a few stuff about my early life, but the more recent it is, the harder it is to remember. Like the time I went to camp. I have almost zero memories here."
Taylor has vague recollections from time to time but to her dismay, none of these are actually related to Camp Half Blood. She also doesn't remember who her father is, not even knowing that he is already dead.

Note: Her experiences since going to camp are reflected in past rps (her father died in-rp). I am way too lazy to summarize them all.
OOC Notes
Character Upgrades:
None.

Theme Song:
Titanium - David Guetta ft. Sia

Active Plots:

• Labyrinth Quest
  • The Ever-Complicated Jaylor

Notes:
Taylor lost every memory she had in CHB, which means that if your character has interacted with her before, she won't remember anything about it. However, her memories will come back gradually - keyword being gradually, so it might take her years to remember just a bit of them. I have already worked out the story how she came to be like this. It will come to light when the situation presents itself, like when Taylor learns it in due time. In the meantime, let's have fun plotting with this memory-less kid.
Weapon

Taylor’s weapon of choice is a three-foot-long celestial bronze sword nicknamed Snowflake. It is plated with nevermelting ice, although this serves no real purpose but for decoration. When not in use, Snowflake turns into a ring she always wears on the ring finger of her left hand.

Last edited by Sapphire on Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:46 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:58 am

PROFILE | No. 002
• Kim Raziel Swift
• Eighteen years of age
• Female
• Born July 25, 1994
• Born in Manhattan, New York

Family
• Father: Hyperion
• Mother: Jacqueline Swift
• Stepfather: Royce Swift
• Half-Brother (Mortal): Kayden Swift
• 4 years in camp
• Year-Rounder

Registered Pet/s: Pegasus (nickname: Starlight)

Raziel technically doesn't own him but she is the only one he responds to because she has saved him from a hellhound once. He doesn't think twice in following her orders, knowing that he owes her his life.
Appearance
"I'm so hot that I set the room on fire. And I mean that literally."
Raziel's hair is a dark shade of brown streaked with highlights of a lighter shade. She used to keep it short, only barely reaching her shoulders, but recently she has been letting it grow out. It is wavy towards the end, getting lighter in color as well. Most of her bangs are swept to the side and partly covers her left eye. Her eyes are almond-shaped with brilliant green pupils that tend to look a little more blue at a different angle. She uses a bit of eyeliner to trace the outline of her eyes, earning her something short of a punk look. Despite this sorta gangster style, her face breaks out into a friendly grin more times than she can count and she generally tries not to look too intimidating. Raziel has next to no insecurities with her teeth and she flashes her pearly whites without as much as a second thought. There is a dash of freckles across the bridge of her nose, though they aren't really noticeable at first glance.

Raziel is fairly light-skinned and her skin doesn't get easily tanned. She supposes that her skin is as resistant to tanning as she is to fire. At 5'5", Raz's height is just enough for her to stand taller than most girls below her age. She has a medium build with little muscle from her running around and frequent partying. She can come off as attractive to most and she uses this to her advantage along with her great social skills. Knowing that she is rather good-looking for someone not a child of Aphrodite, Raziel carries herself in strides that practically scream confidence - chin up, chest out, etc.

Raziel has an okay taste in fashion, I suppose, preferring rock/punk-style clothes as an everyday attire. Shirts with grungy prints and skintight jeans are enough. Though she may look to be somewhat boyish, Raz isn't averse to wearing girly clothes for special events and has worn gowns and dresses on more than one occasion. She prefers clothes that she is comfortable with, of course, and would likely not wear heels to spar in an arena.

One of the mark thats distinguishes Raziel from the rest is the tattoo on her right arm. She got it when she was fifteen (with a fake ID). The tattoo is of a bird with a musical staff curling from its beak, symbolizing her love for music.

Play-by:
Cassadee Pope

Personality
"Haters gonna hate."
Raziel is a very sociable person. A carefree and outgoing girl, Raz can be likened to a hyperactive little puppy full of boundless energy. It is hard to keep her contained in a limited space and she claims that she will die if she is without the company of another person for long periods of time. Though Raz loves being in a huge social circle, she finds it especially difficult to be very close to any one individual and when she finally accomplishes that, it is extremely hard for her to let go of said person. Once she pours her heart out to someone, she will almost literally cling on to them to her dying breath and be so loyal that she'll give Percy Jackson a run for his money. Raziel is marked to be so loyal to the people she holds dear, but once that bond is broken, better watch out. Raz has the capacity to be awfully brutal to those who betray her trust, and she will with no hesitation show you just how much she is her father's daughter.

Raziel has this unending desire to be different. Being in the spotlight energizes her to a degree and she absolutely loves to express herself in her own unique way. This is why she prefers Raziel to Kim. She finds the name 'Raziel' attractive because it is unusual. Furthermore, she strives for the extra mile because going farther than anyone else gives her a feeling of gratification and with that, brings forth arrogance. Raziel can come off as cocky and narcissistic when she is proud, mostly of those things that mark her as being extraordinary (i.e. being a daughter of a Titan). For Raz, ordinary is boring. Tradition is even more boring. "Why stick to something that generations before have already done?" Raz would ask. And her favorite quote? "Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you are born to stand out?"

Raziel hates rules. She doesn't like being told what to do, even by her friends. This makes it hard for her to accept advice or help even when she needs it. It has caused her to land in more troubles and create more problems than she can count, and these aren't enough to make her stop and realize her mistakes. As a child, she had learned that there are two ways to be remembered: one, being the best in following rules and orders, and two, being the worst and constantly told off. Raziel settled for the latter and now, she will do things her own way without a care for what other people might think. That being said, she is open-minded and rarely is reluctant to try out new things. This makes her very versatile. Raz has actually been dubbed as a jack-of-all-trades more than once.

Music is her passion. Raziel is artistic and creative, turning to music to express herself. With a good singing voice, she loves to let her feelings out through songs (some of which she had composed herself). One can usually tell what her mood is through her voice alone. It isn't hard to find out what Raz is feeling at the moment, but to know why she feels like that is another story entirely. Raziel can come off as moody and dark when she wants to but no one really knows why, due to the fact that she doesn't like disclosing her past so easily. Raz is prone to wallowing in self-pity when alone and this puts her dangerously teetering towards depression. This is why she seeks out the company of her friends, because it makes her forget who she is. The problem, however, is that there may come a point where even friends cannot temporarily heal her emotional wounds. Raziel doesn't do well in coping with sadness and fear and if she allows these emotions consume her, it may mean two things: she may vent her feelings through tantrums and negativity towards the persons she cares for the most or she can isolate herself from people and in turn, let depression take over her soul.

Raziel is a flirt. It comes so naturally and easily to her that she sometimes doesn't realize that she is flirting. She has this hidden longing for love and affection that she never fully received as a child. With her pleasing and funny personality, Raziel had boys falling for her in the past, but for some reason she never considered anything to be serious. She felt that there was always something missing but she couldn't tell what. She lives her life looking for this 'something' and jumps from one boy to another in an effort to find the thing that can make her feel whole and complete. Even with all the crap she says about being so in love with someone, Raziel knows deep inside that she hasn't ever fallen in love yet, and there is this lingering fear within her that she will die without properly feeling what love is.

• Pretty much anything related to music
  • Stars or star-gazing
  • Cheese, anything with cheese

Dislikes:

• Closed spaces
  • Water (in large amounts, usually)
  • Hypocrites

Hobbies:

• Singing and composing

Fears:
Raziel has this fear of dying without having properly experienced love.

Fatal Flaw:
Raziel's desire for attention and love leads her to do things that are out of the norm and most of the time, it does more harm to her than good. This has landed her in bad and complicated situations that ended up harming others or herself.

Talents and Skills
"Man, you do not want to get on my bad side. Did I mention that I play with fire?"

• Photokinesis. Being a daughter of the Titan of Light, Raziel is gifted with the ability to control light. She has gained considerable control over it, considering that she had been practicing since she was thirteen years old. With the presence of a light source like the sun, Raziel can bend rays of light according to her will without coming close to even draining her. This ability only takes a lot out of her energy if she works to intensify or diminish the light in a certain area (i.e. making the light from a fluorescent bulb bright enough to blind anyone looking at it).

• Pyrokinesis. Another power inherited from her Titan father, this ability to manipulate fire and heat comes natural to Raziel. Though she has less mastery over it compared to photokinesis, she is able to make a small amount of fire do her bidding (i.e. summoning small flames on her palms and creating small fireballs). However, she is completely powerless when this fire grows out of control. She is working on improving this power and she is gradually getting better. There may come a time when she can master the use of this deadly power (power boost has been obtained for this). Raziel is also a little heat-resistant, able to stand higher temperatures than normal.

• Combat Skills. Considering that Hyperion is the greatest Titan warrior next to Atlas, Raziel has undoubtedly inherited some of her father's great skill. While her skills with swords and other short-range weapons are limited, she has accuracy and precision under her belt and can put five arrows in a three-inch circle from forty yards. She is good with any long-range weapon in general.

Inabilities:

• Mild claustrophobia. Raziel has a mild fear of enclosed spaces. She will freak out if alone in one for long periods of time.

• Cooking. Raziel has no talent with this. Ironically, most of the food she tries to cook end up burnt. As does most of the kitchen.

• Swimming. Being a daughter of Hyperion, Raz doesn't like staying in water. It makes her feel weak in the knees and she has the tendency to become nauseous just by being near bodies of water like lakes and seas.

History
Despite the fact that he was in pieces in Tartarus, Hyperion had somehow adapted something short of Kronos' style - that is, to appear and contact mortals through their dreams. And that was what led to the affair of Hyperion and Jacqueline Swift.

A Greek mythology and astronomy enthusiast, Jacqueline had almost everything she needed right before her eyes: a stable teaching career, vast amounts of money, a loving husband and an adorable son. No one could understand how she still felt that something was missing in her life, not even she herself. At night she would just lean against the open balcony of their condo and gaze up at the night sky, asking the stars countless questions that would of course return no answer. She was successful in some aspects - in material things, especially - but why did it feel like it wasn't enough?

And that was when Hyperion entered her life.

Or more specifically, her dreams. The first encounter unnerved yet enthralled Jacqueline at the same time, but she didn't think too much of it. It was just a dream, after all. But then, how could a dream leave her with so much giddiness and warmth that she felt like a blissful teen in love? The peculiar occurrence left her in spirits so high that she thought she might just soar with the stars. It was soon followed by another, then another, just as if she lived a different life in her dreams as a totally different person. A person head over heels for a Greek Titan. In fact, Jacqueline had been called a queen more than once. Of course, she thought the whole idea was absurd, but in dreams, anything can happen, right?

Then, imagine her great surprise when she found herself pregnant. The incident left her utterly shocked and speechless. There was no way it could happen. How could dreams have crossed the border towards reality? How can this be possible? Especially when her husband Royce had been away for quite a few months now, working as a chef on a cruise ship. Hyperion left her then, leaving her with chilling words - 'She will have power greater than that of the gods.'

What was supposed to be a joyful reunion between husband and wife was broken when Royce Swift was met with the sight of his wife cradling a baby girl in her arms and their son Kayden hugging her leg in turn. It started the rift between the two, the bitterness that would soon cause bigger problems than they could imagine.

Raziel lived a gray childhood. Jacqueline loved her daughter, she really did, but she couldn't stand the sourness and the indifference displayed by her husband Royce. As a result, she spent more time in the academy she taught in rather than at home, wanting to get away from seeing her husband's pained face. She was selfish enough not to consider the needs of her two children, both needing to be showered with a mother's love and affection. Kayden, the firstborn son, was affected by this, but he suffered lesser damage than his half-sister Raziel. Royce had always given Kayden attention, had always made him feel loved, but he wasn't that giving to his "daughter". It wasn't like he hated her, really. Raziel just reminded him of what his wife had done even if he was trying so hard to forget. It was hard to care for Raziel, for she brought him so much pain just by being there. This had a huge impact on Raziel's life, the fact that she received little care from both parents. Sure, Kayden and Raziel got along fine, but there was always something in a parent's love that a sibling cannot really bring.

Raziel then focused her energy on school, thirsting for affection she failed to receive at home. Due to her dyslexia and ADHD, she couldn't attain the title of 'smartest kid in class,' so she settled for the next thing that was sure to get people's attention: being the class troublemaker. She would pull pranks, joke around, and even get the lowest scores on purpose just to get called out. This set Raziel on the path of a rebel going on extreme lengths just to get noticed. It was the harsh reality for the girl that she needed to be the worst she can be to get the attention she deserved.

Finally, Royce and Jacqueline finally got fed up with all the 'ignoring' arrangement and after a few long years, decided to settle the problem. This ultimately ended in both of them filing for divorce. Raziel was ten years old at this time. And as if that wasn't bad enough, the young ten-year-old accidentally eavesdropped on a shouting match between her parents. They had just finished fighting over the custody of her older brother Kayden, and when Jacqueline brought Raziel up, Royce had responded with an indifferent 'Keep her. It's not like she's even mine.' Raziel was young at the time and didn't understand, but she mentioned it in passing to her brother, who looked at her in shock and without thinking, told her what exactly that phrase meant. It broke the young girl's heart.

This made Raziel's condition worse off. She ended up doing worse things in school but she was no longer doing it solely for attention. It had turned into a way to let off steam, to vent out her frustrations and negativity. She poured her heart and energy out into singing and one day, the teacher heard her voice while she was messing the walls up with crayons. With her talent recognized, Raziel started to gain popularity through entering contests and programs. This also resulted into her ending up in a huge social circle with "friends" and fans, even. For her, it was like winning the lottery. She finally got the recognition she worked so hard for, and her school wouldn't need to kick her out because she had become a big asset in singing competitions.

But then, along with her rise to fame also came enemies. A lot of people disliked Raziel for her carefree and outspoken attitude plus the fact that she did things the way she wanted without caring what other people might think. Among her enemies, only one rose to be dubbed as her 'arch-nemesis' and that was Delilah "Delly" Winston. She was just as equally popular as Raziel for their age group, and the easiest way to describe her is that she belongs to that cheerleader stereotype. She and Raziel immediately disliked each other at first meeting, and unknown to Raz, it soon became the spark that set off the next series of unfortunate events.

Delly had gotten in Raziel's nerves countless times, but this time she was pushing it. The girl had called her a lowlife and trespassed on the most sensitive topic to the demititan - the issue of her being the result of her mother's extramarital affair. Blinded by rage, Raziel had not realized what she was doing until she finally did it. At thirteen years old, her ancient heritage finally manifested itself in the form a small fireball that formed on her palm. Scared to death of what just happened, Raziel tried to shake off the fire but ended up throwing it at Delly instead who thankfully dodged at the last minute. The fireball singed her sleeve and left her with a mild burn and the desire to see Raziel crushed.

The rumors spread like wildfire (ironic use of words, doncha think?) and they soon led to Raziel's alienation from the student body. They were all afraid of her now and she hated it so much. Only a few people would dare talk to her, and that was to ask about the whole incident. Torn from the animosity she received in school and the ignorance she received from her mother who never spent time at home, Raziel broke into pieces and teetered on the verge of depression at the very young age of thirteen. No one took her seriously because of her young age and it was only due to a talent show in the following week that Raz hadn't taken her own life yet.

Clinging on to music as if it was her lifeline, Raziel found just enough strength to show up in the talent show. But then, just as she took the stage and about to sing, a few hellhounds suddenly broke in the auditorium, terrorizing the masses. It was utter chaos and Raziel could only stand shocked at the intrusion, not believing her eyes. It was only thanks to the guidance counselor-slash-satyr who smuggled her out of the fray and into camp that she was unscathed.

Raziel spent her first weeks in camp wallowing in self-pity in the confines of the Hermes cabin. Fortunately, due to the fact that many other demigods shared tragic experiences, she soon found herself embraced with welcoming arms by other campers and it started her slow but sure healing process. Though she was assured that her family was informed of her whereabouts, Raziel couldn't care less and instantly wanted to live in camp rather than outside. She found her home in camp. It was a place where no one judged her for her past.

However, Raziel wasn't satisfied with this. The fact that she was crammed into the limited space offered by the Hermes cabin along with the rest of the unclaimed especially annoyed her. She slowly began to revert back to her rebel ways, often breaking curfew just to sit and stare at the stars. It was her favorite pasttime, besides singing. Raziel had always felt a connection with heavenly bodies for reasons unexplained. She looked up to the stars and, like her mother years before, pleaded for help. That was when a star nymph landed in front of her, explaining her heritage and everything.
This is going to sound really weird, but one night while I was stargazing, some lady from a particularly bright star suddenly floated down and announced that she was a nymph. A star nymph, to be exact. She's like 'hey, I know you' and I'm like 'okaaay, you know that makes you sound like a stalker, right?' Anyway, she started to ramble on and on and ultimately ended up telling me who my real father is. Yeah...
Now, Raziel doesn't maintain close contact with her family and says she hates them. In all honesty, she's just in denial. Well in any case, the fact that they make her attend a summer school for delinquents doesn't improve this relationship.

At present, Raziel lives her life searching for love, meaning and significance. She is trying to find the thing that's missing from her life, much like what Jacqueline had done before. The question whether Raziel indeed follows her mother's footsteps or not remains unanswered, and only the Fates can tell.
OOC Notes
Character Upgrades:

• Pet Perk (for Pegasus)
  • Power Boost (for gradual mastery of Pyrokinesis)

Theme Song:
Girl on Fire - Alicia Keys
(I can't believe I haven't thought of this earlier)

Active Plots:

• Tractor Quest

Notes:
Raziel pretends to be claimed.
This character was made in collaboration with Summer.
And I slightly tweaked the claustrophobia thing because to be honest, I forgot all about it during the past few months haha.
Weapon

Raziel owns a black and gold bow and a collection of arrows with celestial bronze tips. Occasionally she stocks up on special arrows (i.e. explosive arrows) but this only happens when there is a big battle ahead of her. Her bow shrinks down into a bracelet she always wears on her left wrist and her quiver and arrows are concealed as a necklace with a matching design.

Last edited by Sapphire on Tue Aug 06, 2013 8:41 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:58 am

PROFILE | No. 003
• Jonathan Wyatt Adams
• Sixteen years of age
• Male
• Born March 1, 1996
• Born in Los Angeles, California

Family
• Father: Winston Hayles
• Mother: Aphrodite
• Adoptive Father: Hayden Adams
• Adoptive Mother: Karla Adams
• 4 years in camp
• Year-Rounder

Appearance
Being a son of Aphrodite, Jonathan is naturally blessed with good looks. He can pass off as cute and boyish, considering the absence of facial hair thanks to frequent shaving. Well, like most of his siblings, Jonathan does give a care about his appearance and especially his face. Girls have been known to swoon over his face (mostly in secret, but that's beside the point) and he tries not to let it get to his head. If, let's say, Jonathan auditions for a modeling career, he would most likely be considered for his looks and height - a whopping 6'1". While Jonathan's frame looks fit for his height, he doesn't pack a lot of muscle and lacks the toned chest that usually comes with famous male models.

Jonathan's hair is of a dark shade of brown, though it can fool the eyes and look light-colored under intense sunlight. It is usually swept to his right and cut short enough to only reach the collar of his polo shirt. It is sleek to the touch and he won't admit that he uses a generous amount of hair products to style it. "Don't blame me," he would say, "I think it runs in my blood."

The most distinguishing feature on Jonathan's oval-shaped face is his eyes - standing out with an odd jade green color. They say that the eyes are the windows to the soul and that you can usually tell what one is feeling just by staring into his eyes, but the son of Aphrodite has grown so used to hiding his emotions that he can make his green orbs look rather unreadable if he wants to. Often, these eyes are the things that reel the girls in, which is why he tries as much as possible not to emphasize them and may wear shades just to do so. Jonathan wants to be liked for his attitude, not his appearance.

Jonathan isn't picky when it comes to clothes and will go with a regular shirt, jeans and sneakers any day. However, he isn't averse to wearing things like tuxedos to fit the occasion and secretly likes the way he looks in one because it can certainly make him look a damn shade nicer than usual. If it's pretty cold out, Jonathan puts on his favorite black leather jacket, a gift from his adoptive mother. Though the jacket looks a little rugged and worn out from overuse, he doesn't mind at all and will continue to wear it without a care.

Play-by:
Joe Brooks

Personality
Jonathan is sweet and quite the gentleman. He pretty much cares for everyone, even if that person is merely a stranger walking across the street. Selflessness is his middle name, and he will go out of his way to help people out if needed. He is one of the rare types of people in the world who will race towards a burning building and rescue a stranger without missing a beat. This kindness is why some people take advantage of him when they get the chance. Jonathan is quick to be manipulated just by threatening those he loves and by making him feel guilty if he doesn't follow through. This is why his selflessness can cause him more pain despite the fact that it's more of a good of a thing. When he puts others' well-beings miles before his, he is ultimately destroying himself in the long run.

He inherited his father's looks and charm, and coupled with Aphrodite's traits, he can be quite the lady killer. In fact, he could be, if he wasn't so shy and quiet. He has little to no flirting skills, which is quite surprising for someone who is a child of Aphrodite. However, one thing that gets the ladies (barring his looks) is the fact that he usually listens rather than talks. Jonathan doesn't even need to work hard to be interested. By developing a sincere caring attitude to people, he has long mastered the art of empathizing with one's problems and lending not only one ear but two good ones to people who need them.

Jonathan hardly ever gets angry. With his patience, he has been known to remain calm and controlled even in a stressful situation. He rarely yells back if people start to shout insults at him. It is even more uncommon to see him actually deliver a physical blow to someone even if he has already been hurt by that person. Jonathan has been an easy bully target in his childhood years because he doesn't fight back. However, he directs all the anger he works hard to control to himself, and he usually believes himself to be the one at fault in situations that directly involve him. Jonathan lives in the world of "what if's" and sometimes he wonders what would have happened if he had decided to strike back. But then, he starts feeling guilty for just even considering the thought and quickly forgets about it.

Jonathan has great control over his emotions. He is the type of person who will hide his pain rather than let anybody know about it. While he easily trusts people, he isn't quick enough to confide in them his emotions and those are about the only things he keep to himself. Being very adept at lying, Jonathan will make people believe anything if that's what makes them happy, even if it means faking his feelings.

• Music
  • Blues

Dislikes:
  • Lying
  • Flirting
  • Fighting

Hobbies:
  • Listening to music
  • Singing (but he’s just a so-so singer)

Fears:
Jonathan is afraid of rejection and heartbreak.

Fatal Flaw:
Jonathan bottles up emotions like pain and suffering and rarely opens up about them to others. It makes him feel like he is burdening them with his problems, but he doesn't realize that in doing so, he is slowly destroying himself.

Talents and Skills
  • Charmspeaking. It isn't a widespread fact, but Jonathan has a potential in charmspeaking. He doesn't know that he has his power, but he unconsciously uses it...and its use is pretty much random so Jonathan can't really tell if he can charmspeak or not. Maybe he'll learn to control it someday, but how could he when he doesn't even know his own strength?

• Love Radar. Jonathan can also tell if a person is in love with someone just by staring into their eyes for a certain duration of time. He can't tell who they love though, only that they are in love.

• Combat Skills. Jonathan isn't a fan of fighting, but if he needs to, he is great with a sword and doesn't really use anything else.

Inabilities:
  • Flirting. Seriously and unbelievably, this son of Aphrodite has no skill in flirting.
History
At 26, Winston Hayles was on his way to stardom. He got the looks, the charm and the confidence to be every woman's dream. A great actor, Winston was already climbing the ladder to be a Hollywood star. He would have gotten it too, if he hadn't caught the heart of the Greek goddess Aphrodite. They began to date, and such was Winston's love and attraction for Aphrodite that he proposed marriage within a year. He didn't know that he was in love with a Greek goddess. So naturally, the goddess refused, leaving the young man's heart crushed and broken. He was even more hurt when Aphrodite stopped seeing him for his sake. Winston's career took a turn for the worst as he sank into depression. He started drinking and smoking. Then suddenly, he found himself, with his head pounding from a hangover, opening the door of his home to reveal a baby boy waiting for him there.

Winston knew that the child was his and Aphrodite's. He tried to take care of the boy who he named Jonathan. But his attempts were futile. He had no idea how to be a parent, and it didn't help that Jonathan very much reminded him of his past lover. A mere glance at Jonathan triggered unhelpful memories in Winston's mind, and he knew that he couldn't bear to live with this kid, even if he loved him so much. Thinking it was for the best, Winston left Jonathan in an orphanage in New York when he was around a month old. Jobless and depressed, Winston returned to his vices. He died a month later, committing suicide.

Jonathan spent three years in the orphanage when a childless elderly couple took a liking to him. Hayden and Karla Adams viewed Jonathan as the child of their dreams. Jonathan loved them from the get-go, and pretty soon he was accepted into the kind family. He grew up to be a nice and well-mannered young man with the guidance of his adoptive parents. He knew that he was adopted, and still hopes that one day he would be able to find out who his father is.

It was in his adolescent and teenage years when Jonathan faced his heartbreaks.

The first one was when he was twelve. Being the shy gentleman he was, Jonathan took weeks planning to ask out a close friend of his. He wasn't one of the popular kids--rather he was the kid who always quietly sat in the back. A few months later, on Valentine's Day, Jonathan bought a rose for the girl and got ready to actually ask her out, when he learned that she was already seeing someone. Jonathan tried to hide the pain, letting everyone think he was okay with that. But he wasn't. Jonathan was in too deep. It took him a year to get over the girl.

Then he started to like the girl's best friend. Learning from his mistakes, Jonathan took the chance to ask her out quickly. His class was surprised to see the shy boy muster up his courage to ask someone out. To his joy, he was accepted and soon enough they started dating. The relationship lasted barely a year, until the girl dumped him. Even if she told him that he was a nice guy and that they just didn't seem to match, Jonathan was still really hurt. But, like before, he chose to hide his true feelings and just shrug it off like it was no big deal. It took him two years to finally let go, and within those two years he found his way to camp with the help of an old satyr.

That was when his last girlfriend came. They lasted for half a year, until Jonathan found out that she was cheating on him. He broke up with her quickly. Jonathan then realized in the next few days, through the help of his friends, that the girl was pretty much manipulating him from the start. He was so hurt to hear that, but like always, he made it look like he wasn't really affected.

After that, he didn't really trust love anymore. Up to this day, he finds it ironic that a son of the goddess of love could experience so much pain through love.
OOC Notes
Character Upgrades:
None

Theme Song:
BreakEven - The Script

Active Plots:
  • JonRon <3
  • I WANT TO BREAK HIM. IDK HOW BUT I WANT TO

Notes:
None
Weapon

Jonathan has a three-foot long celestial bronze sword, Rixus. When not in use, Rixus turns into a necklace he always wears. The silver pendant of this necklace bears a dove symbol, also engraved in the hilt of his sword.

Last edited by Sapphire on Fri May 31, 2013 9:18 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PROFILE | No. 004
• "Kael Lewis"
• Sixteen years of age
• Male
• Born April 10, 1997
• Born in Tamworth, Australia

Family
• Father: Ramone Clark
• Mother: Aphrodite
• 0 years in camp (just arrived)
• Year-Rounder

Appearance
"I'm hot. Enough said."
Kael makes sure to look good as much as possible, flaunting his looks whenever he could. When Kael stands, he draws up to his full height of 5'10". Having an acting career (with slight modeling background) has encouraged him to work out to maintain an athletic physique. But no, despite the exercise and even his careful diet, Kael does not have the washboard abs that usually come with famous male models. His stomach is just flat, to his slight dismay, but he is proud of the muscles packed in his arms and legs. When feeling particularly vain, it is not uncommon for Kael to flex his arms to show off his apparent strength.

Being a son of Aphrodite, Kael's square-shaped face is known to make a few girls swoon here and there. He frequently shaves off the stubble that grows on his chin to maintain a youthful appearance. His eyes are chocolate brown, usually skeptical under a pair of thick brown brows. Having a straight nose, Kael also has a pair of dry lips which require him to regularly use a lip balm. Small dimples pop out of his cheeks when he smiles, emphasizing his boyish look. Although he is light-skinned, he easily tans especially considering that swimming is one of his favorite hobbies.

Kael keeps his mop of brown hair unkempt. It reaches halfway down his neck, curling down at the tips. His wavy bangs are long enough to cover his forehead and he sweeps it to the right before it could hide his eyes. His hair, a dark shade of golden brown, is streaked with lighter shades that stand out under bright light. Occasionally Kael would take the time to straighten his hair especially if an event comes his way, using generous amounts of hair gel to spike it up.

Kael has a weakness for designer clothing and usually wears branded shirts, jeans and shoes. However, now that he has been stripped of his 'rich-kid' privileges here in camp, he sullenly sticks to the mandatory orange shirt and a pair of slightly ripped jeans. It irks him to look for sneakers that fit his larger-than-average size-13 feet which is why he has no choice but to use the pair of Nike he had worn since his arrival in camp. If given the money and the time, he will stun most with dashing outfits from ordinary casual wear to formal tuxedos and bow-and-ties. Like his siblings, he has a flair for style, and you can be guaranteed that wherever he goes, Kael will dress for success.

Play-by:
Liam Payne

Personality
"This isn't any of your business, so back off if you know what's good for you."
First off, Kael is a born actor. Acting is second nature to him. This means that he can effectively fake emotions, spin believable lies, and pretty much do or say anything to make you believe that he is an entirely different person. Being aware of this talent, Kael doesn't think twice to use it to his advantage. Having grown up pampered and spoiled, he often manipulates people for his own needs. He uses them to get what he wants, pronto.

At first glance, Kael appears to be cold and aloof. He doesn't have many friends because he seemingly isolates himself from human contact. Like most of his siblings, Kael is very vain and he takes pride in his looks. He doesn't trust easily and appears to be somewhat of a loner - a very aggressive loner. He dislikes people in general, especially authorities. A rebellious boy, he usually goes out of his way to disobey orders just to annoy anyone who tries to tell him what to do. He extremely dislikes being ordered around.

Another thing about Kael is that he has high standards. He tends to treat people differently if they don't meet these standards. A perfectionist at heart, Kael cannot stand anything that isn't perfect in his eyes, and this usually spurs him to do anything just to set things right. He has been thought to have OCD but never having consulted an expert, it remains to be only a speculation to this day.

Despite his negative qualities, Kael is actually very brave. He will not think twice to sacrifice himself for those he cares about (and in some occasions, those he doesn't even know). He is daring with a lot of nerve and courage, often to the point of stupidity. His ADHD causes him to have impulsive decisions and so, Kael can often be seen jumping straight into a fight without thinking long and hard about it.

While Kael is a tough shell to break, become one of the closest people to his heart and he will do anything for you. He is a softie deep down and can appear as one of the warmest and most trustworthy people in the world to those he cares about. Of course, he doesn't let a lot of people in so no one gets to see this side of him. It is actually quite sad because people look at him and see a snobby ass when in fact, he could be the exact opposite.

• Money
  • Pools, lakes, beaches - anywhere he can swim

Dislikes:
  • His acting career
  • To some extent, his father
  • Butterflies

Hobbies:
  • Swimming

Fears:
Kael is afraid of being found out. He spins out so many lies that he fears the day someone uncovers the truth. Besides that, he is also afraid of - drumroll, please - butterflies. Yes, butterflies. It's ridiculous but Kael steers clear of these colorful little creatures and masks any indication of fear with a carefully-practiced nonchalance. Should a butterfly land on him, he will freak out.

Fatal Flaw:
As said before, Kael is too brave, often to the point of stupidity. He risks his life for other people, especially for those he cares about. Make no mistake; it has already happened a few times, all times having ended up with him getting the worse end of the stick. One of these days, he just might bite off more than he can chew.

Talents and Skills
  • Acting. Kael's talent lies in acting. He can easily force himself to cry or paste a believable smile on his face if he so likes. Often he uses this to his advantage, playing with others' emotions and manipulating them for his own needs.

• Combat Skills. Kael is fairly decent at swordfighting. He doesn't really take it seriously though.

• Swimming. Kael is also a good swimmer. He feels the most peaceful when in the water.

Inabilities:
  • Despite how Kael wanted to be 'normal', he now loathes living a normal way of life. Used to having more-than-enough money for his needs, he tends to get cranky whenever he is running low on cash. That being said, he has a weakness for money and designer clothing. Wave these things in his face and he will most likely submit to your every command (although he will not make that obvious) - or at least use his talents to manipulate you into getting him what he wants.

• Having brought up in an upper-class family, Kael isn't as independent as he looks and has zero abilities when it comes to household chores. He never had to lift a finger back then and being compelled to do that now just sickens him to the point where he mysteriously disappears whenever it is his turn to do the dishes or the laundry. He is slowly making progress, taking a little less time than usual to wash the dishes now, but that doesn't stop him from grumbling curses under his breath while he does.

• Kael is also bad at holding himself together when his perfectionist qualities kick in, trusting people, understanding how others' emotions work, and dancing.

History
"I don't remember a bloody thing."
His real name is actually Zachary Clark. Back when he was a child, his father Ramone always addressed him with his full name, Zachary. His manager-slash-talent agent, Olivia, was the first person to call him Zach. The maids had always called him Mr. Clark. The name Kael did not surface until many years after his birth, but let’s get to that later.

Majority of Zach’s childhood consisted of numerous acting workshops and minimal playtime. Ramone put more emphasis on his son’s acting career than his education which is why, when Zach was four, he was better in faking tears than in reading and writing. He did not see much of his father growing up since Ramone was always busy producing and directing movies, spending more and more time in studios than at home. He used to travel a lot too, as required by his job, and often left Zach home with his manager Olivia.

Zach was homeschooled, but he never had the patience for academics due to his dyslexia and ADHD. Eventually, his teacher gave up on him at the same time he made his first appearance in one of Tamworth’s local commercials, marking it Zach’s TV debut. But no, he wasn’t instantly popular, considering that he was only an extra and six years old at that, but it paved the way for many possibilities and soon enough, he auditioned and got hired in other commercials.

Nothing of major importance really happened until a little past his thirteenth birthday. Zach was in Australia auditioning for a role in a mini TV series called The Ninth Planet, produced by one of Tamworth’s local and city-exclusive stations. Right before his turn to take the stage, Aphrodite claimed him. And you know what happens when an Aphrodite kid gets claimed. Zach became ten times as drop-dead gorgeous as usual when he started his audition. Thanks to his acting skills and to Aphrodite’s blessing taking effect, he won his first major role as the main character’s son. At the time, Zach had no clue what really happened. Olivia didn’t either. Ramone hadn’t been present in his son’s audition since he was filming a movie in Dubai, but Olivia mentioned it to him in passing when Zach got the part. Nevertheless, he was the only one who truly understood what had happened. Resolving to finally tell his son the truth, he filed a leave from his movie project to take the first flight back to Australia.

Unfortunately, he never got to tell Zach who his mother really was. One plane crash later, Ramone was gone. Zach was then adopted by Rachel, Ramone’s only sibling, but even she didn’t know the identity of his mother. The secret died with Ramone.

Zach continued his acting career with Olivia still being his manager. The Ninth Planet wasn’t much of a hit even in the city of Tamworth so he did not get the chance to become a big-shot child actor. Strangely enough, Zach was completely alright with that. He was tired of his life, tired of all the acting games. He craved to be a normal teenage boy, but he was a caged bird with no place to spread its wings. And no matter how hard he tried to tell Olivia that enough was enough, she would simply shrug him off and tell him the same thing. She said that he should count himself lucky for sporting this kind of lifestyle. It didn't take long for Zach to question it. If he was really so lucky, why didn't he feel like it?

After three years, Rachel had Olivia bring Zach to New York in an attempt to land a contract for a new project. Zach arrived in New York a little after his sixteenth birthday, and this was where his life took a very wild turn for the worse.

Zach saw a boy being chased by some large men and instinctively followed them, only to find out that the 'men' were not humans, but three angry cyclopes. The boy ultimately fended off the monsters with very little participation from Zach. The fight left both of them heavily injured though, and just before the authorities could come to their aid, a strange man who walked weirdly entered the scene and carried the boy off to hide. Before they left, the boy gave Zach his name. His name was Kael.

Zach spent the next few days in a hospital, always thinking about Kael and those mysterious one-eyed monsters. Little did he know that it wasn't long before they were reunited. Kael and his older companion snuck into the hospital Zach was in and tried to convince him that he had a different 'scent' from mortals. Skeptical, Zach tried to push them away but in the middle of their conversation, large powerful hellhounds plowed through the windows and the walls, snarling and growling at them all. Zach, Kael and his friend, actually a satyr, managed to flee from the chaos and throw the hounds off their trail, but as Zach looked back, he saw the figure that was unmistakably Olivia being caught in one of the beast's jaws. His manager, the closest he had to a mother figure, was ripped apart before his very eyes.

The trio drove to camp in a stolen car. During the drive, Zach learned that the satyr's name was Lewis.

But their adventure didn't end there. As they took their first steps on the base of Half-Blood Hill, the hellhounds back in the hospital managed to track them down. Kael and Lewis forced Zach to go on despite their protests. They met their end protecting the boy they barely knew. Zach watched life leave their bodies, watched the old satyr reincarnate into a flower on the ground he last stood.

Physically and emotionally scarred by the abrupt turn his life took, Zach collapsed just after he entered the camp boundaries. His mind was in a whirl when a few campers rushed over, asking so many things. If anyone had ambrosia. If he was alright. Who he was.

He introduced himself as Kael Lewis, an amnesiac boy who could only remember his name.
OOC Notes
Character Upgrades:
None.

Theme Song:
Fences - Paramore

Active Plots:
None yet.

Notes:
Kael pretends that he has amnesia.
Weapon

Kael owns a three-foot celestial bronze sword. It doesn't have an alternate form or any magical qualities. Kael usually forgets it in his cabin if he doesn't have to practice.

Last edited by Sapphire on Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:41 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:59 am

No. 005
Reserved for Simon the tree Montri. Profile being revamped.

OLD PROFILE:

Last edited by Sapphire on Wed Jun 26, 2013 12:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 11:59 am

No. 006
Undetermined
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

No. 007
For James Bond Undetermined

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:00 pm

No. 008
Undetermined
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:00 pm

No. 009
Undetermined
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

No. 010
Undetermined
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm

CANON | No. 001
• Ethan Nakamura
• Sixteen years of age
• Male

Family
• Mother: Nemesis
• Alliance: Kronos
Appearance
The first easily noticeable thing about Ethan is that he is a Japanese-American. He is light-skinned with slanted coal black eyes as typical of someone of his race. Another unique thing about him is the eye patch he wears over his left eye. No one has ever seen him without it. Perhaps the accessory is used to cover up the gaping hole when Nemesis took away his left eye. No one has ever been sure.

Ethan's glossy black hair is spiked up at the back and cut short enough not to reach the collar of his shirt. He sports a slim and wiry build for a sixteen-year-old boy, less muscle than he should have, but he makes up for it with his height (5'8"). Ethan is often spotted donning the standard Greek armor, but thanks to his frame, it looks sort of hung off of and too big for him. Without this armor, he prefers to wear clothes that allow him to move freely, such as t-shirts and not-too-skinny jeans.

Living as a demigod has its downsides, and it shows on this son of Nemesis. Scars and minor cuts acquired from his past battles are prominently displayed on his arms. He wears these faded injuries as proof of his proficiency in battles. Ethan also likes to think that they help him gain more respect.

Play-by:
Kanata Hongo

Personality
Ethan is primarily motivated by his desire for recognition and respect. This, of course, stemmed from the years he had spent unclaimed in the Hermes cabin. It fostered negative thoughts about those around him, especially the gods. Why did they have to leave their children groping in the dark? Surely, even a little guidance would help? Why hadn't they done anything as their children felt uncared for, even disrespected? These questions plagued Ethan's mind every moment he saw undetermined campers like himself, and they were enough to spur him to seek out and follow the titan Kronos. He believed that the gods were way out of order with the way they treated their offspring, and he was determined to find a way to end that.

Ethan is brave. He isn't afraid to fight for his beliefs. He also isn't a coward in the face of battle and will gladly embrace death if needed. These qualities make up a fine warrior, and coupled with his fighting abilities, Ethan is a force to be reckoned with in the battlefield. The fact that he can fight pretty well without his left eye proves just how strong he can be. However, despite the courage he shows in front of his opponents, Ethan cowers under someone he deems to be far superior than him. He is deeply concerned with how he is viewed and tries to be very careful not to commit a mistake. He fears that respect for a person is very connected to his failures, and feels that if he slips up even at the smallest of mistakes, he will no longer be respected.

One of Ethan's issues is loyalty. Debts mean nothing to him if you don't agree with his beliefs. No matter how much help you gave him when he needed it, if he feels that you need to be brought down, he will do so with vengeance. After all, his mother is Nemesis, the goddess of revenge and balance. You can say that he is an avenger of sorts, only wanting to restore balance and eliminate prejudice in the world. He only wants fairness for all. People can't have too much good luck - it will tip the scales and bring about imbalance. Same with gods. They can't just live their lives not caring about the demigods - it will bite them back in the end and he will personally make sure that it does.

Ethan can be witty and sassy at times. He is skeptical and stubborn when it comes to his beliefs. He also has a short temper and it usually doesn't take a lot for him to get riled up. In fact, just the mere mention of the gods in a good light might be enough to get him furious. Ethan will not hesitate to call you out if he thinks you're wrong. He also openly shows his dislike to people that end up on his bad side so if he hates you, he will be the first to let you know.

But despite all these, Ethan is filled with doubt. He puts up a tough and cynical front to hide his insecurities. At times, he wonders if the path he chooses is really the right one. However, it is easy for others to convince him so, leading him to be somewhat easy to manipulate. The fact that he is just a son of a minor god also bothers him because he thinks that others view him with less respect for being that way. Praises for his accomplishments are usually enough to quench whatever insecurities he might have in himself, at least for the time being. He holds these comments in high regard and they are pretty much the only thing that can temporarily erase all doubt in his mind.

Roleplay Example
Running. That seemed to be the only thing his life revolved around now. After all, Ethan wasn't about to stay in that wretched camp any longer. He didn't want to receive superficial sympathetic looks whenever the fact that he was undetermined came to light. He no longer wanted to watch the other kids in the Hermes cabin get claimed by their godly parents. It only made him wonder when his mother would finally recognize him as her son. If he was going to get recognized.

Thinking about Camp Half-Blood only fueled his fury and before long he found himself punching the alley wall in sheer anger. Sadly, the sting from his knuckles provided little comfort and not enough of a distraction from his own thoughts. Slowly, Ethan turned and pressed his back against the cold brick wall. His clenched fists hung tense by his sides, the whites of his knuckles showing. The right one especially showed signs of bearing a bruise a few moments later.

The demigod sucked in a raspy breath. What was wrong with him? Why wasn't his immortal mother claiming him? Did he not live up to her expectations? Did she just forget all about his existence, not caring if her son lived in grief that his own mother had not even acknowledged him? A strangled sob forced its way out of his throat and he squeezed his eyes shut, trying to prevent himself from breaking down. It was quite a stupid thing to do, anyway. He wasn't going to earn his place if he was to be crying there like an idiotic weakling.

"Damn the gods." His voice was rusty and hoarse, as if it hadn't been used in a long time. "Damn them all."

It was then that it happened. Growing vaguely aware of the faint light filtering through his closed eyelids, Ethan recoiled and closed his eyes even tighter. Styx, was a cop aiming a flashlight at his face? That seemed likely, seeing as he was an underage teenager frolicking about in New York at this very late hour. However, as he brought his hand up to shield himself from the light, Ethan realized that it was way too much brightness just for a single flashlight. It almost seemed like the sun was a few feet away, threatening to burn him up.

Soon the light faded and Ethan thought it was safe to open his eyes again. The hazy dark spots dancing around in his vision did no help as he tried to assess the situation. Why had it become dark again? What was that light all about? His demigod senses tingled and his hand immediately went to the hilt of the sword hanging from his belt. A monster? he thought with a repressed shudder. But monsters aren't the type to make flashy kind of entrances... Hoping for the best, Ethan took a deep breath and unsheathed his celestial bronze blade. Thankfully, the images started to shift into focus and before long, he could see properly again.

That was when his mouth dropped open in surprise.

A woman stood - or floated, rather - a short distance away, seemingly staring at him. Her curly locks fell neatly past her shoulders, framing her plump oval-shaped face. Her outfit comprised of flowing robes, dangling an inch or so above the ground. Ethan's first impression of her was of an angel sent from the heavens. The similarity was quite easy to make with the two bird-like wings fully spread out on her back.

"Ethan Nakamura," the woman spoke. Her voice caused Ethan more surprise than the fact that she knew his full name. He had expected something heavenly, something that sounded like bells chiming peacefully in the distance. Instead, he was met by a mixture of an angelic and a scratchy tone. It wasn't really bad to the ears. It was more like the two blended equally, the voice sounding somewhat harmonized - as if they balanced each other out. At the realization, a certain name quickly rose to his mind and he wasted no time in saying it.

"Nemesis."

The angel did nothing to confirm this, at least that was what Ethan thought. What with the darkness of his surroundings, he counted himself lucky enough to even figure out what was in front of him right now. His heart hammered in his chest in both anxiety and nervousness. A goddess..? But why should she show herself to me now? Unless... Ethan's ears started ringing in excitement. Could she be...?

"Are you my mother?" he asked hopefully, trying not to make his restlessness obvious.

Nemesis considered him for a few moments, prolonging the silence. "Ethan Nakamura," she said, urgency lacing her tone. "I will give you a choice. A gift, you could say. But heed my warning, young one, even the smallest gifts demand something in payment. Something to be sacrificed. Are you willing to accept this?"

Ethan's eyes shone. Though Nemesis didn't answer his question, he was beyond thrilled that she had taken the time to even speak with him. And not only that, but she was also offering him a gift. A gift from a god! That simple thing was enough to erase the worries he had just a few minutes earlier. His heart seemed to run at a hundred miles an hour in his chest and he wouldn't be at all surprised if it suddenly burst out of it. After all, he had never been this excited in his whole life.

"Y-Yes," he managed to croak out. Deciding that he had sounded pathetic, Ethan cleared his throat and repeated in a firm yet shaky voice. "Yes. I accept."

He thought he saw the faintest trace of a smile on Nemesis' features, but he couldn't be sure. "You have a remarkable fate set out in front of you, Ethan," she mused as she drew closer to him, her robes billowing behind her like a bridal train. "The world is going out of balance. I'm certain that you've noticed." Her voice took on a rather irritated tone as she looked up at the skies with a slight scowl, as if they were the cause of her miseries. Nemesis sighed before looking back at Ethan, scowl fading to be replaced by none other than a stoic face. Ethan didn't mind the less-than-happy expression on the goddess's face. He already considered it a great honor to be even looked at by someone that great. He probably wouldn't even minded if the goddess scowled at him. "One day, you will restore the world's balance. I can promise that much to you," she continued with relish.

Ethan was too busy marveling at this new development to notice the bitter edge Nemesis' voice took. "Restore the word's balance...?" he repeated in a breathy voice, not realizing that he had completely lowered his sword that it hung limp at his side.

Nemesis stopped abruptly, lips set in a tight line. "But this is not free. As you mortals put it, 'there's no such thing as a free lunch'. It all comes with a price, Ethan. You know how it must be - everything must be balanced. In order to bestow to you a gift this great, you should also make a great enough sacrifice."

"I still accept it!" Ethan suddenly blurted out. No sooner had the words left his lips when he clasped a hand over his mouth. What had he just done? That was straight-out rude! "I'm sorry - I didn't mean to, I mean - I humbly accept your gift..." he trailed off meekly, bowing his head in respect.

The lightest of smirks crossed the goddess's face and she turned away, robe whipping behind her. "Very well then. If that is what you decide..."

Ethan braced himself for the worst. It was the right thing to do, as barely a second later, blinding pain erupted from his head, particularly coming from his left eye. His sword dropped with a clang to the ground as a pained scream ripped his throat. His hands went to clutch at his eye, which felt like it was stabbed with thousands of knives. Hot tears poured down his cheeks. The pain... this was all too much... Ethan sank to the ground, curling into a fetal position. Make this stop... Please, someone make this stop... was all he could think as his body writhed and trembled. Was this the price of his decision to accept his fate? A small part of Ethan was already beginning to regret it.

Soon, the hoarse screams died in his throat and his movements slowed into a stop. His breathing was still ragged and the pain still clear as day, but at least it had begun to fade into some sort of numbness. While it wasn't altogether reassuring, Ethan was relieved. It was a few more moments until he completely regained his composure and straightened into a proper sitting position on the ground. He grew aware of the fact that he was still clutching his head, particularly his left eye. But then, a cold sense of dread washed over him as realization dawned on his features.

What felt like his left eye only seemed like an empty socket on his skull. Shuddering like crazy, Ethan withdrew his hand and reopened his other eye. His blurry vision shook a little, but there was no mistaking the dark stain of red splattered on his hands.

Nemesis had taken his left eye.

Before he could even process this fact, the familiar womanly voice echoed in his mind, as if it came from a fair distance away. "There will always be a price to pay, but the reward will always be equal to, if not greater than, the cost to achieve it. Please keep this in mind, Ethan... my son."

Ethan slumped against the cold brick wall. He had just been claimed by his mother, Nemesis. No, it was more than that. Nemesis took his left eye from him. But it was for the greater good, for his immortal parent also promised him a great destiny to match his sacrifice. His mother had practically deemed him 'the chosen one.' Out of all her children, Nemesis chose him.

Whatever resentment Ethan bore his mother before had all but disappeared. Despite the lingering sense of pain from the spot that once held his now missing body part, a delicious sense of contentment washed over him in waves, and it was far greater than any feeling he had ever encountered. It was of pride and satisfaction that he had finally been recognized. That he was a somebody instead of a nobody. His left eye was a hefty price to pay, but in the end, it will pale in comparison to what lay ahead of him. He trusted his mother enough to be sure of that.

He was Ethan Nakamura, the son of Nemesis that will restore balance to the world.

For the first time in ages, his lips curled up in a genuine smile.
Why Ethan?
I want to roleplay Ethan because he belongs to the types of characters that I like - something that runs along the lines of being an anti-hero. He is a bad guy who has this good side to him that will save a lot of people in the end. Ethan is also constantly torn with the desire to fulfill his life ambition but it seems that he is having trouble deciding the right thing to do to achieve this goal (and I have to admit, I feel the same way). I honestly think that roleplaying a character like him will prove to be an interesting experience.
RP Status
Ethan is currently open to rp, but only off-campus. Taking into account the fact that we've barely started the BotL phase of the PJO series, he's not part of Kronos' army yet nor is he stuck in the Labyrinth. He's most likely looking for ways to join the Titan lord at this point in time.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:01 pm

ARES GOD OF WAR

Brief description:
One look at Ares is usually enough to send people running in the opposite direction. Tall, dark-haired and packed with muscle, the god of war has no shortage of battle scars - multitudes of them are littered over his body and even his cheek, proud remnants from battles from centuries ago. Although he assumes the look of a middle-aged man, Ares knows how to make himself look uncannily attractive yet dangerous at the same time, sporting muscle shirts, jeans, combat boots and of course his bulletproof vest-slash-shield. An iron padlock necklace lies hidden under his vest. He is usually seen riding a Harley Davidson motorcycle - actually his war chariot in disguise. Ares' most notable features are his eyes, always hidden behind a classy pair of shades. Instead of eyeballs, his sockets hold nothing but flames.

In the simplest of terms, Ares is a complete warfreak. His intense thirst for violence leads him to be one of the most disliked gods in Olympus. He radiates an aura that fuels emotions like anger, making it easy for him to start fights. It is not difficult to set him off, what with his short temper, but it would be very unwise to even try. A proud and overconfident god, Ares tends to underestimate his opponents when it comes to duels, this trait usually leading to most of his defeats. Still, him being the god of war, he is not one to be taken lightly. Centuries of battle experience have molded him to be one of the best warriors in the world, if not the most reckless. He might be clever, but Ares can't seem to stop letting his guard down in the face of opponents he sees to be weaker than him.

Despite this, Ares has a milder side to him... well, as mild as a god of war can get, anyway. He does care for his children (although it will take much for him to show it) and he will give recognition to those he deems worthy of it.

Sample Roleplay:
The harley roared to life and sped across the shore, leaving fine prints on the gritty sand. The sun felt hot on Ares' back but he didn't pay it any heed (not even cursing Apollo for the annoying hot weather for once). He revved the motorcycle, the engine noise being music to his ears, and smirked at the attention he was getting from those gorgeous mortal women sunbathing near the water. He flashed them a crooked grin as he blurred past, laughing inwardly at their flushed cheeks. Mortals. But he couldn't linger, not now when he had to see the most beautiful lady in existence, whose beauty totally floored these silly gaping mortal women. The thought of her widened the smirk on Ares' lips and he twisted the handlebar forcefully, the resulting loud sound only working to improve his already cheery mood.

A quick series of crunches under the harley's tires brought Ares back to earth. No doubt a bunch of unfortunate crabs at the wrong place in the wrong time. Eh, Barnacle Beard wouldn't mind that much, he thought without even the slightest hint of regret. Thoughts of the sea god brought along with it some downers though. Ares snarled, his eyes flaming viciously. To the Underworld with that pesky Percy Jackson. How could such puny demigod best him, the god of war himself, in an art he had practiced for eons? The motorcycle raced faster than ever, the speed of it matching the growing fury Ares was known for. I am going to mash that blasted piece of kelp into a pulp.

His rage didn't simmer down until he came to a stop down an isolated and rocky part of the beach. Parking his harley, Ares swung his leg off of it and resorted to half-sitting on the leather seat. He tilted his head around, cracking his jaw in some places, occasionally throwing glances around him. He had to be careful. Zeus forbid that he end up embarrassing himself in Hephaestus TV again...

His patience wearing thin, Ares started to pace around. Where was she already? They needed to be quick about this... Ares didn't particularly feel comfortable in this kind of place. It was too easy to track. Then he saw something shine from below, some kind of thin bronze wire barely visible against his combat boot...

Ares suddenly looked up, catching sight of a glowing Greek letter by one of the sea-polished boulders. Eta.

"Live to Olympus in one minute..."

Oh son of a -

Why do you deserve/want to roleplay this character?
I really want to roleplay a god. And I believe I can handle a very violent one. c:

Also admit it Hugh Jackman is perfect for this I mean look at that picture above he's so Ares 8D

Last edited by Sappho on Fri Jul 05, 2013 7:30 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 12:02 pm

Inactives
Under Construction
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitimeFri May 31, 2013 9:29 am

Miscellaneous
Under Construction

Updates

05/31. Kael Lewis has been added to the roster.
07/05. Ares has been obtained as a canon and added to the roster.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: the p o r t f o l i o || under construction   the  p o r t f o l i o || under construction I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

the p o r t f o l i o || under construction
Page 1 of 1