Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Pandanote

Pandanote

Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) Empty
PostSubject: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:17 pm

Gemma had woken up in the morning and she had done all her daily chores that she did around the cabin, she also walked around for a bit and visited people she knew and talked to sometimes. It had been a few good days since the incident with the climbing wall, and Matthew. She watched as the climbing wall was silent in the morning this time. Finally when it was coming towards the late afternoon Gemma started to walk to the stables where the pegasi were and as she neared them she smiled.

Only downfall was, it was Gemma's turn to clean the stables today with someone else, she forgot who for a moment, but decided she'd find out when they got there. Gemma pulled on some gloves and then grabbed a shovel. For a few minutes she had been scooping up poo, it wasn't her favourite thing to do but it had to be done at some point, right? After cleaning out a few stalls and doing half of them she took the gloves off for a moment and she put her hair up so it wouldn't get in the way of her working.

She put the gloves back on and then found some hay and carried it to the first stall and began to put it down for fresh hay for the pegasi. Gemma figured out by now she'd take a bit of a break and she took her gloves off and set them down for a bit. Gemma then stroked her hand across the pegasus' mane and smiled as she fed the animal a carrot.
"Who's a good pegasus?" Gemma cooed at the animal and it neighed in response and she grinned. Jasper was one of the more gorgeous pegasi. The Gemma remembered who was supposed to be here sometime today and that made her smile uncontrollably.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 1:50 am

Matthew rubbed his eyes, and turned on his bed. He was as sleepy as ever. Now awake, he waited for the normal noise at Cabin Two, and nothing came into his ears. Matthew began to wonder if he had suddenly used his little power on making people asleep to his cabin mates. He doubted it, so why was the cabin, which would usually be buzzing around be quiet like this? Only one answer popped into Matthew's head.

He overslept. He hastily sat up, and almost fell back again but he held onto the edge of his bed. His suspicions were right--the cabin was empty. All the bunks had been cleaned, no one was in the cabin. Ugh. Matthew threw away his blanket and rummaged into other bunks for a clock. Crap, it was one in the afternoon! Not only did he miss breakfast, but also lunch.

Matthew grabbed the food he'd left at his bunk, hurried changing clothes, and got his hands on his list of duties for the day. He was one hour late on his duty at cleaning the stables. Matthew cursed himself for being a son of Morpheus who was always sleeping. He ran to the Stables, grabbed a random shovel and a glove on the entrance, and immediately began his work.

Remembering that he had a partner for today, he looked around, and as he did so, said, "Yeah, I'm late. I overslept... never mind, leave the rest to me." That's when he saw Gemma. His mind then came blank.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 20, 2013 2:05 am

Gemma had been petting the horse for awhile and just as she took a drink of water and was about to get back to work, that was when she heard someone come in and she heard them speak to her, it took a few seconds and then she knew the voice and she smiled a bit but hid her smile in the pegasus' mane.

She still put her gloves back on and then began to collect more hay and she placed some down in the second stall.
"It's fine, I just left half for you to do." She said to him as she was crouched down placing the hay in the stall. She then came back up and moved on to the next stall, after she was done with the hay replacement she managed to sit on a post and she looked over at Matthew, "I could have covered for you, if you needed me to." She said.

Soon enough, she watched the pegasi get a be restles here and there and she grinned having an idea,
"You know, some of these pegasi are a bit restless, they could do with getting some fresh air, I know how to ride one.. if that helps the thought any better." She mentioned to him and just let the thought an suggestion hang in the air.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:06 am

Matthew gave her a smile, thinking she must be very close to the these horses since she was able to hold its mane. What a girl. Wait, what was he thinking? He still hadn't placed his feelings well enough. Anyway, it was simply impossible for Matthew. Pegasus weren't in his list of expertise. "Well, yeah, thanks. But I don't want to slack as much as I was doing now." He grimaced. Then he continued his work--shoveling poop, and then putting hay in the pegasus' stables, just throwing them in. He guessed one of the pegasi got pissed, since it neighed on him.

Matthew returned the neigh with a frown.

When he was finished, the same pegasus from before neighed once more. Matthew knocked on its door rhetorically. "What's your problem?" he asked the horse. Ugh, animals were never close to Matthew.

Gemma provided the answer. Matthew looked at her skeptically. Oh, Aphrodite's children were always in good terms with the horses. He also hadn't ridden any pegasus. Full of doubt, Matthew agreed. This is a change, and since they both finished the work, they could do more for the pegasus. "Sure," he said, and then led the neighing pegasus from before out. He had to keep his distance from the hooves, though. They keep on kicking him. "What's with you, horse! Gemma," he called to the girl, "how do you calm a pegasus down?!" He yelped as the horse shook its mane. Ugh.
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:45 am

Gemma continued to sit where she was and watched Matthew do his work. Shoveling poop wasn't always too fun. Well actually it was never fun unless you threw it at someone but that was just mean, poop, was well waste, which was rather disgusting. Gemma watched the pegasus, beside her. She was a beautiful white pegasus, with the name Coral. She was Gemma's favourite.

While she was calmly stroking Coral she was brought to attention when Matthew was done, or just about and the pegasus, clearly him and the animal were having some problems and Gemma grinned and had to turn away to try not and laugh. Then he decided that they would go out and take a pegasus to get some exercise. Then he watched Matthew take the one out he was having problems with. She shook her head lightly. "Hold on." Gemma said and then she jumped down and opened the gate door to the stall and she let Coral out. Coral let out a happy neigh and that made Gemma smile.

Gemma came over to Matthew and the other pegasus. She gave the reign of Coral to Matthew and took the other one. She smiled at the animal, "It's alright, he wont hurt you." She said smiling at the animal. She stroked the side of the animal's face and then kept the head still and then put her nose to the the pegasus' nose and she breathed in pace with the animal until it was calmer. Then she stroked it's nose. She grabbed Matthew's hand and then placed it on the nose and then guided his hand. "You shouldn't be so nervous or in any kind of tense mood around a horse, they like being around people who are in good spirit." She said to Matthew and gave him a smile, and then realized her hand was still on his and her cheeks went red a bit but she tried to hide that and slowly let go and let Matthew do it on his own, as she went back to Coral.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 4:44 am

Matthew wasn't able to look where he was going, as his eyes were focused on the ground, closely looking at the horse's hooves and staying away as far as possible from them. His only warning to stop was Gemma's voice. He then restrained the animal with force, gripping its reign tightly. It neighed, much louder than before.

Then Gemma began to take charge. He obediently took the reign of her pegasus, and watched the girl instantly calm a pegasus down. Amazed, Matthew scratched his head. Gemma was sure a master of the pegasus. He could bet she knew exactly how t fly one, and can somersault in the air with the horse. She grabbed his hand, and guided it stroking the horse's nose. It's calmer than before.

But that wasn't what he registered the most. It was the fact that he was kind of holding the hand of Gemma. It sent warmth into Matthew, and then he became instantly confused. Dense, you may call him, since he still hadn't placed his feelings. For an antisocial guy, that's quite normal. He still was adjusting.

"I'll try to do that," he said, nodding, and tried to be in a good mood. It took a bit of concentration. After all, Matthew spent most of his time pissed and alone. He guided the horse, stroking its side, and nose all the time, gently. It seemed to follow him. Much less kicking of hooves.

Then they came into a wide area--perfect take-off flight for Pegasus. Matthew looked at the clear, afternoon sky, and whistled. "You may go first," he said to Gemma, leading his pegasus with a brown mane aside. He sounded as if he was being courteous and gentlemanly, but in truth, he was a tidbit nervous. "Me and my horse here would follow later."
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 11:30 am

Gemma was in good spirits today, she wasn't really provoked to do anything out of line, which was a nice thing, because she could get nasty if she really wanted to, but it was calm, and peaceful out here, and it was a place to calm down as well as just relax. When Matthew and the pegasus started to get along more she smile at the sight, at least the pegasus wasn't going to attack him at the moment.

Soon she watched as they walked to a nice place to take off for flying one of these. She watched as Matthew and his Pegasus stepped to the side for her to go first. Gemma was a bit startled by the fact that someone was offering for her to go first. It wasn't really often that, that had happened. That made Gemma a bit weak in the knees for reasons she didn't know but she didn't show that. She was a child of Aphrodite, why was she getting all flustered by a guy, mind you one who had a temper, the day they first met. Gemma mentally shook that away.

"Uh, sure?" Was all she managed to get out, now her mind was filled with so much more thought and she couldn't concentrate and she cursed under her breath so she couldn't be heard. She took a breath in and then she climbed onto the animal, had she actually ridden one of these before? yes, had she flew on before? well no, not really. Well hopefully she had some sort of natural talent with this thing. "If you need me just call my name." She said over to Matthew. Although she was terrified at the moment she looked confident on the outside. She hoped at least.

Soon her and the pegasus were running, faster and faster by the stride, and then the horse jumped and caught the wind and began to use it's wings. Truth was, Gemma was sickly afraid of heights, but she just held on to the reins and steered the horse around for a bit and they left room for Matthew to come in on his pegasus. Gemma tried not to look down, although they weren't very high to begin with. Gemma sighed and just waited for Matthew now but she decided she wouldn't watch, just in case that might make him do worse, she knew that happened to people so she tried her best to make them feel comfort.

(Sorry it's not much to go off of xD)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 10:58 am

Matthew watched carefully how Gemma and her horse had taken off successfully. The speed seemed exhilarating, and it was beautiful to see how the pegasus spread its wings and caught the wind. In no time they were soaring in the sky. Amazed, Matthew watched for more minutes until he remembered that he should also go. He didn't want to. But he promised, so he had to.

He stroked its mane, and said, "It's our turn. Cooperate," he said to the pegasus. Right after he saddled himself, his heart began to overreact. His hands got sweaty, and overall, he put a tense mood around. Gemma just said that being tense wasn't good with the horse. The horse stomped its foot, and Matthew grabbed its reign tightly. "Relax," he said to the pegasus and to himself.

Without warning, the pegasus broke into a run, and caught speed at once. Matthew tried to hold on, startled. Then the pegasus spread its wings, and in dangerous speed, they were in the air. At that time, all the son of Morpheus could do was to hold on. He was holding the reigns, but he was completely blank on how to use it. He probably could, but he was caught off-guard.

Soon, they were higher than Gemma and her horse. They ascended quickly. Matthew was dead-nervous now. "Hey, horse, get down!" he yelled in a panic. He pulled the reigns in a feeble attempt--wrong move. His horse neighed, and shook its head. Panic rose to Matthew's throat from his heart. "Gemma, what do I do?! This horse is--"

Then the horse unexpectedly flapped its wings hard. They wobbled mid-air... and Matthew's face was in absolute terror. If he fell now, that would mean weeks in the infirmary.

(meep, meep, why did he even tried to fly a pegasus when he didn't know how >.>)
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 30, 2013 1:58 am

(Ooc: Warning I may have a short post this time, I am tired, and just don't have much time right now xD)

Gemma had been flying around a bit with her horse, soon she figured out certain things and she was good to go on how to use the pegasus and fly it, it was almost a natural instinct for Gemma and soon she became giddy it was almost like she could do anything, and she just felt right at home where she was it was one of the best feelings that she had ever felt and she sighed. Until she noticed Matthew.

Gemma watched like a deer in headlights with what was happening with Matthew and the horse, dumbfounded she didn't really know what she was doing but she flew closer to him. "Alright Coral, you'll want to go back down to the ground after this." Gemma said to the pegasus and then when she was close enough she shifted and jumped onto the horse Matthew was on. She knew this was dangerous and that if she messed up three of them would suffer.

Gemma reached her arms around Matthew and then held onto his hands holding the reins and then after a bit, she finally got them on a steady motion and they were gliding so easily now. "There we go." She said sighing relieved neither of them were in the hospital. "You scared me, Matthew, I thought-" She stopped there and said no more, too embarrassed to go on, she didn't want to finish her thought. She cleared her throat then steered the pegasus a bit. "You know, I don't think pegasi like you very much." She said grinning and gave a small laugh out.
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:09 am

Matthew wanted to jump from the horse. He knew that he can't control the horse, but he also knew that if he did, he would end up mashed against the ground. So all he did was hold on tight to the horse without little attempt controlling it--which turned the situation more horrible. Just before he considered jumping, he noticed that Gemma and her horse was now flying closer to him.

Before he could dwell more about 'how did she got there' the reckless girl jumped to his horse, behind him, and controlled his horse for him. Matthew held his breath, awestruck. His mind was still frozen for the time-being. He let things calm down, took a deep breath before holding Gemma's hands, which were in the reins. "T-that was close," he said shakily. After calming down, he then smirked and patted Gemma's hands. "I'm gonna die?" he continued her cut-off statement. "Nah, a weed don't die that easily." He made a face, staring straight ahead. "True enough, and I don't like them, too," he commented dryly, not adding more because he was afraid the pegasus would run amok (which was his fault) again.

Matthew cannot see Gemma, but he seriously wanted to face her and thank her. Thanking her when he can't even see her seemed wrong. If she didn't come to aid him... let's leave it at that. "Now we're even, huh? I do not know how can I thank you enough." He felt a warm feeling on his face. What was that?

That's the alien feeling, right?

(late. sorry Panda D:)
Back to top Go down
Pandanote

Pandanote

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 10:38 am

Gemma was more focused on getting the horse to do as she wished, she knew they were safe than they were before, and that the immediate harm was gone, but there was still a bunch of risks out here on the pegasus and she knew too well of what they are. After a bit she heard Matthew speaking and she blushed a bit, her cheeks turning a shade of pink.

Soon that's when he mentioned they were even now and he couldn't thank her enough and she smiled,
"Like you said, we're even now, plus, I did it because I wanted to, not because I had to." She said and then she steered the pegasus to a different way. Soon they came upon a cliff side that was above the lake. She guided the pegasus to there and that's where they landed.

As soon as they were safely landed, Gemma let go of the reins and then slid off the horse and she gave Matthew room to do so as well.
"It seems quiet and peaceful here, you like quiet anyways, I've already seen you in the mornings while it was noisy." She said with a chuckle and a smile was placed on her face.

(Sorry it's a short reply D:)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSat May 11, 2013 10:36 pm

Matthew was glad they'd landed. In fact, he was happier than he should be. He wouldn't ride another pegasus--never again. He jumped down the moment Gemma slid off the horse, and stretched his fingers, which turned numb after gripping the reins tightly. He grimaced, then said, "Yeah, well." He actually went with the flow today. "Mornings, noisy, and me don't blend in."

The son of Morpheus went to the shade of the nearest tree, and promptly sat down. Gemma's pegasus had also landed, and with its wings folded, went to the far side of the clearing to eat fresh grass. Matthew's annoying pegasus was with Gemma's pegasus, and he got the feeling it was telling Gemma's pegasus rubbish about him. Things like--you know how bad that guy is? He can't even fly me correctly! He was no Poseidon's brother, so he couldn't know.

"Because you wanted to?" Matthew inquired. "You're very helpful, aren't you?" he conveniently added. It wasn't in his nature to be mindful of his surroundings, much less help people when needed. He was actually surprised of the girl's reason.

Wait a second--is that why he helped Gemma in the Climbing wall before?

Matthew let out a startled laugh. He felt like his mind was cleared. "That's why. I see then." He wasn't making any sense. The fact that his face was free from any frowns and pouts, and was actually very relaxed and happy today--that was unusual, I just noticed.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)   Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hold On And Don't Fall (Fudge)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: