Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

QUEST: We want to play a game.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

QUEST: We want to play a game. Empty
PostSubject: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 9:43 am

PROPHECY

Three half bloods are called to line, • All with lineage as old as time. • Frost melds together, Death hides power, • Contention burns bright in the heart of fire. • Red and gold returns from drab, • Seer holds truth, yet cursed with neglect. • Obstacles will try their skills, • Mark their aspects and iron their wills. • For the end that comes; words bury deep, • To battle a Daemon and warriors of sheep.

Greetings, mortal. Let me congratulate you on stumbling upon this precious little treasure. What is this, you ask? Well, as you may or may not know, three demigods have been chosen to embark on a journey through one of the creepiest places on earth - the Labyrinth. This is no easy task. Fanged beasts give relentless chase to those they can eat, and that unfortunately includes very edible half-bloods. Figures rise from historian notes but will they aid or will they betray? Dangers lurk in every corner and surprises jump out from out of the blue. Let us now watch as our three heroes take part in a twist-filled adventure not for the faint of heart. Will they prevail over violence and temptation? Will they overcome their greatest fear or attain their heart's desire?

Click on the buttons below to navigate.

THE CAST

Before everything else, take a moment to get to know the cast of this unusual tale. Hover over the headshots below for more details.
TAYLOR // KHIONE

"I still don't understand how I got roped into this. Neither do I like it."

Daughter of Khione Taylor Brooks was offered the chance in a million. She was offered to go into the Labyrinth and hunt for lost demigods. The exact reasons she was chosen for this are sketchy. Some say that her current memory-less state would be an advantage. She doesn't remember the horrors that come with being a demigod, and so she won't be as scared as others *cough*Alec*cough* inside the endless maze. Others say that her personality is one even monsters wouldn't mess with, and so she has a better chance inside the Labyrinth's tunnels. Either way, Taylor decided to go, even though it meant being with people she didn't know.

Inside the dark tunnels, tensions run high between the ladies, and soon Tay is the reason for a near death experience.

But even that doesn't compare the secrets which are soon revealed, and Taylor realizes that this Quest isn't about Sheep and Demigods. Its about so much more. Which includes a chance for her to recover her memories lost.

Taylor's given a chance another demigod in her position would die for. But when it involves hunting for the Seed of Chaos, and stopping someone so much more powerful than any monster or person dealt with before, will Taylor survive? Or will she fall to the insanity of the maze?
ALEC // HADES

Summer, Vina and Saph both say you need to hurry up and make this + post
RANA // ERIS

"Can I make it very clear that I'm only on this stupid job for Chiron? I neither asked nor wanted to go with Icecream and Alexis."

Destructo-girl Rana was asked by Chiron to accompany Alec and Taylor for unknown reasons. Maybe it was because he believed in her. Maybe it was because he didn't want any more cracks in the Amphitheater from when Ra got annoyed. Who knows?

Of course she refused at first, but in the end, Rana always knew she'd do what Chiron wanted her to. Old habits run deep.

However, a simple mission to look for lost demigods turned much more serious for Rana before she had even entered the Labyrinth, as, the night before she left, she received a dream from an unknown person (or thing) which gave her a formidable prophecy involving power, contention and... sheep?

The only one to know the general truth about this mission, Rana acts her usual sardonic self. She tries to ignore what she knows. But sometimes power is too easy to notice.

What will Ra choose? The first choice, which involves Alec and Taylor, or the second one? The one which involves a mysterious voice in her dreams...

WE WANT TO PLAY A GAME

But wait! The fun does not stop there, for this story needs a lot more characters than the chosen heroes. Why not let you join in?

See the 'Wanted' list below? From time to time, we will need a helping hand with our quest. That's where you come in. The list below will be updated with certain characters we might need for the story to continue. Maybe our heroes would need the assistance of a son of Zeus? Maybe a defected half-blood working for the Titan of Time? A monster trying to eat our heroes? Better yet for Canons, what if a god or a goddess wants a favor done?

Interested? Well, that's not the end of it! After you've done your job, we will also give you certain rewards which can range from drachmas, graphics, or *gasp* maybe even a prophecy for your very own quest! The prizes are somewhat random but of course, the more you do your job well, the more generous we will be. Awesome, right?

Before we begin explaining the details of what each job might entail, please read the rules, requirements and instructions on applying below:

RULES
  • You must be literate.

• You must be an active roleplayer - so you can post depending on the various roles.

• You must post an IC reply within the time we allocate you to. It will average at about at least once per day, depending on your role.

• This will work like an audition. Telling us that you want this part here doesn't mean that you instantly get it. Likewise, don't complain if you don't get chosen for the part. While it sucks, we most likely have a reason for it, and don't take it personally.

• Say you aren't satisfied with us rejecting you, send a PM to Summer and she will tell you exactly why we decided to reject your application. Please be warned that there will be no sugarcoating whatsoever and that her PM's style will entirely reflect yours.

• Each job will be ranked according to its difficulty. There are three categories: simple, moderate and challenging. Of course, the higher it is in rank, the more prizes you can get. Below are examples of such:

• Simple ones are monsters with the average intelligence of a dumb beast. Examples: Hellhounds, Stymphalian birds etc - simple obstacles for the questers.
    • Moderate ones are the whole average range of simple characters. Examples: Nymphs, Empousai, Drakons, etc. - those that can think more intelligently.
    • Challenging ones are those that play a major role in our quest. Examples: gods, deities.

Note that the above is just a simple guide, and does not cover all the factors (effort needed, job type, etc) on how we rank them.

• To apply, fill out the form below and post it in this topic. At the same time, PM any one of us (Vina, Summer and Sapphire) a roleplay sample using the character you're applying for.
    Code:
    [b]Name:[/b]
    [b]Character You're Applying For:[/b]
    [b]Brief Description of the Character:[/b] (four sentences minimum)

• Your roleplay sample can cover any content regarding what you apply for so long it complies with CHB's posting rules. Remember that the quality is what matters, and of course, whatever your sample contains will affect our judging. Do not post your sample here, it will be at a disadvantage against you for people who would also want the job.

• Please take initiative and think during in the application process. You know what we are looking for and whether or not you can provide it.

• When you're 'hired', stick to the plot we will give you. This is very important. You are also limited to the number of posts required by each job, no more, no less. So finish it by then, or plot with us if it exceeds. Say you are allowed to be a hydra for three posts then you should make it die or leave or get distracted enough for the demigods to get away.

• As with the example above, you are free to write out the hydra and even try to injure our characters (do not say they get injured though, else that'd be powerplaying) but after your third post, you are no longer allowed to play the monster.

• Be warned, if you decide to ditch the roleplay, we'll find a suitable replacement, and that any further posts from you after replacement will be either ignored or deleted.

• When your job is finished, we will reward you for your efforts.

• All CHB rules apply.
WHO PLAYED WHO
Username - Character

No players yet.

THE PRIZES

Listed below are the stuff you can get for completing a job. Take note that it will be random in some way, so you're never really sure of what you might get. We can also be generous and mix some stuff up if we're not feeling too lazy. Think of it as a mystery box!

*~ means approximately.
Rewards are subject to change anytime.

SIMPLE
  • ~100 Drachmas
  • Graphic

MODERATE
  • ~250 Drachmas
  • Banners
  • Other Graphics

CHALLENGING
  • ~600 Drachmas
  • Banners
  • Other Graphics
  • Quest Prophecy with Analysis
  • Character

Not that hard, right? Now let's proceed to the Wanted list.

WANTED
CHARACTERDIFFICULTYPOSTSROLEDETAILS
HydraModerate3 (1 per 2 IC posts)Terrorize the heroes and cause them as much trouble as possible.To be added.
More jobs available soon.

What are you waiting for? Apply now!

CREDITS

content and plot co-written by vina, summer and sapphire • coding and art by sapphire • steal anything from this post and saph will hunt you down.

Will you help our heroes fulfill their tasks?
Do you think they will succeed?
Or are they doomed to fail?

Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 10:43 am

can i just say how utterly perfect this all is?
Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 15, 2013 9:47 am

Yes you may. You may also flatter us. And give us the recognition we deserve. By standing on your head and meowing-

JUST KIDDING HAHA.
Aw thanks.
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 9:32 am

Must apply, must apply. So, I'll give the description of a Hydra in the form? -must do research if so-
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:49 am

FudgeeBear wrote:
Must apply, must apply. So, I'll give the description of a Hydra in the form? -must do research if so-

Yes. c:

As a side-note to everyone who is interested, no copy-pasting stuff. You must write the description of the character in your own words.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 11:36 am

Yeah cause we can all copy and paste. We dont all know loads about a hydra ;)
Also good luck Fudge <3
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 10:52 pm

Welp, here I go! :D The role play sample will be sent in later was sent to Faith Lehane c:

Name: Fudge
    Character You're Applying For: Hydra
    Brief Description of the Character: A hydra is a fearsome monster who would be found near swamps, or in its shore. It had a large reptilian body covered with scales, similar to those of dragons except it sprouted nine snake heads. Severing one of these heads would only make two more heads grow in its place. It's blood was venomous, and so its stings and breath. Getting bitten by one of the heads would kill a person at approximately five minutes if no medical treatment would be given.

The surest way to kill a Hydra was to burn the chomps after severing one of its heads, or encasing the whole monster in a large block of ice so it wouldn't be able to move. Since a hydra head can strike up to 20 mph and can attack its heads to several directions at once, it would be quite difficult to kill. A hydra head can breath fire to an opponent at a speed of 20 mph, and can even spit acid which can melt, or burn whatever it touches. To sum it up, a Hydra sure is a monster that would take combat skills and brains to beat.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 9:52 am

Fudge's application and RP Sample has been received.
Come on people! Get your apps and samples in!

~V
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: QUEST: We want to play a game.   QUEST: We want to play a game. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

QUEST: We want to play a game.
Page 1 of 1