Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) Empty
PostSubject: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 28, 2013 10:51 am

Ernest Hudson Giles

Up in the trees, late at night, you can catch the billions of tree huts suspended on the branches. Of course, this was the Treetop Village, the section where all the satyrs and nature spirits lived.
Of course, most of the tree huts would be lit up at night, because supposedly satyrs don't know the definition of beauty sleep, so they make all kind of ruckus late at night.
I pity myself sometimes, knowing that the demigods at the other side are forced to stay in their cabins to get a good night's rest. Hey, if they can use harpies to threaten them to rest, then why can't they use them on the satyrs as well? Well, at least the pretentiously noisy individuals.
It's a great thing that my hut is one mile farther away from the rest of the neighborhood. I don't know why my hut would be located somewhere farther, but I'm glad the individual who built it understands my definition of privacy.
I return to my usual routine; practicing on my violin just before I head off to bed. Yonder, the stars at night twinkled in sight as I daze off for a bit, admiring their beauty. You can never see stars so bright out in the city, possibly due to the air and light pollution. But I guess this is what made camp a welcoming home... everything seemed so natural.
Oh, right, back to violin practicing, eh?
"Oh for the love of Pan, it's out of tune again." I straighten my back from leaning against the railings of my patio and sat up to begin tuning the damn thing again. Music is just not instant, like microwavable food. Just not something you can heat up for a minute.

Back to top Go down
http://mostgloriousbeing.tumblr.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 10:09 am

MATTHEW ROWEN DEITCH
Matthew exhaled, and gave himself a congratulatory smile. He managed to sneak out of cabin two. Those kids were noisy. Matthew could have put them into sleep--he was perfectly capable of doing that--but it would take too much energy. That'd put him into sleep, too, and he didn't want to go to bed. He wanted to roam more, and maybe find a place where he could just see stars.

He ended up at Treetop Village, the place of Dryads and Satyrs. The son of Morpheus knew no one would bug him there, asking questions like, 'why are you here' or ' get some sleep.' It was a serene place. Everything was blending in with the silence.

He kept wandering it its borders, staring up at trees full of tree huts in lights. In a tree, he saw a satyr out, playing his instrument. He really didn't know what it was called, nor he did care. Giving out a sigh, he sat at the base of the tree, and let himself relax. He gazed at the clear patch of night sky the trees allowed. But he could see that much stars.

Still, he let himself be contented.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 29, 2013 1:03 pm

Ernest Hudson Giles

There at last, I finally finished tuning it up, again. And hopefully, for sure, it would stay tuned for a longer time. In a world filled with monsters and magic, it was important for a satyr's instrument to have the perfect sound; otherwise, they'd get their furry asses bitten off to death. If the music didn't have the perfect pitch, then the wildlife wouldn't respond to it at all. It's probably why it's easiest for a satyr to play a reed pipe - but I don't listen to the rules, the rules listen with me.
I settled in for a while, playing the music with ease. The flow of the sound was smooth, without hiccups to worry about. I felt myself drift into peace at last. There were no worries, no rushing. No demigods, no neighbors, no monsters. Just the music, the music was all I needed for now.
Well, it was only the music for a good chuck of time until I pick up the footsteps of a foreign being, breaking my little bubble. Now, you know that little tidbit of information I just shared to you about a satyr's instrument? This is exactly why it needs to be tuned. There are monsters and foreigners, threatening to put your head on a silver platter each and every single day of your living life. If the wildlife doesn't respond to your music, then the enemies will respond to it instead; and I don't think it'd be a great response at all. As far as I'm concerned, I was a hut a little further away from the rest, and so darn close to the borders of the village as well.
So I stayed alert, and continued playing my little song just to make sure it doesn't catch me progressing onto my little act. I didn't have the patience to actually look over and identify my enemy, I just needed to think fast, and efficient. I finally heard it making a stop by the base of my tree, and I immediately make my move. Hopefully, Mozart would be at least a little bit friendly with me this time. I began to play the first notes of the song, putting all my focus in catching onto the rhythm, getting the notes sounding right. I hear the vines shooting out from the ground, and gradually wrapping themselves around the enemy. I made them tie themselves around it as tight as possible, before summoning them to grow farther from the ground, so I can look at the enemy straight in the eye. "Now how ironic would it be if your supper hunted you down instead, you crazy beast!"

Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 5:27 am

MATTHEW ROWEN DEITCH
Matthew recognized the constellation of Orion, that hunter. He craned his head so he can see more, but his position wouldn't just let him. Maybe if he stood in the middle of the clearing before him... that would be so much greater. He tried to spring up, but found that he can't.

"Wait, what--" he said, looking down. His eyes widened when he saw vines gripping his hands, his feet, and creeping to his face. He tugged against them, but it took him by surprise. What the hell is this? he thought. He can't even touch his rings and cut these vines out. Was this some magic of the Treetop Village?

"What the hell is this?" he yelled in frustration when he realized he couldn't escape. Just then, the vines lifted him from the ground. "Stupid--" he grunted desperately. And then he heard a voice.

Matthew glared at the furry, goat-legged guy, a satyr. That must explain the vines. "I do not know who you are, satyr, but I am not a beast--I am a demigod. Now let me down from these stupid vines--" he was cut off as one vine tried to cover his mouth. He shook his head, and tugged against the vines wrapping him.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 30, 2013 2:35 pm

Ernest Hudson Giles

I was sure this unidentified beast won't harm me know. Knowing how tight the grip of a vine can be, it could just be enough to shut it up. As I summoned the vines to grow, I have heard the grunts and screams of an unknown individual right below.
As the vines grow straight out from the ground, grappling onto who knows what it actually was, I was met face to face with a startled demigod, who had indeed claim to be a demigod and is possibly going to be choked to death by the same vines that I had brought out. Instantly... I knew that I have severely mistook the situation.
"OH MY GODS." I had an expression of shock strung on my face. "I AM SO SORRY, I AM SO SORRY!" I played a strong strum on the strings, and the vines immediately released the demigod. But that had sent him hitting hard on the edge of my porch, and straight down to the ground.
Oh, if they knew about what I had just done, my entire career would have been screwed. I rushed down to the ground, climbing down instantly as he had fallen down to the ground. I AM GOING TO GET FIRED RIGHT ON THE SPOT.
I begin to cautiously walked over to the somewhat injured demigod, with the sorriest face, hoping he would give me some mercy. "Hey demigod... you okay?"
I

Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 06, 2013 10:51 pm

MATTHEW ROWEN DEITCH
Matthew continued to glare, but then as the satyr looked at him. He shouted, and Matthew wished his hands were free so he could cover his ears. "Just let me out of--" the demigod was cut off once again, this time not by vines but a strong music. And then the vines suddenly unwrapped him. Matthew should have been grateful, except that he'd been left mind-air.

He hit the ground. By reflex, he tried a somersault to absorb, but he was in a little disadvantage. Instead, he hit the ground with his shoulders, and pain flared in that area. Matthew cursed and sat up. He leaned by the tree and gritted his teeth.

Stupid satyr, he thought sourly. He looked at the satyr, who'd came down. Probably checking on him. "What do you think?" he said, holding his injured shoulder. "I'm not okay. I... I should..." Matthew breathed deeply to ease the pain. He cannot go back in camp like this and storm into the infirmary. It would come to the point that they would question him, and he had to say he'd sneaked out. [b]"Do something," he told the satyr, glaring at the furry goat-legged man.
coded by sapphire
Back to top Go down
panoramic
Head Satyress
panoramic

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 1:01 am

Ernest Hudson Giles

From what I observed up in the trees, the demigod tried to cushion his landing by doing a somersault when hitting the ground. That, of course, had failed so miserably hard that he had hit hard on his shoulder joints. From the shock of the moment, I almost let out a laugh before keeping it in. It was bad enough that I had injured the dude, but humiliate him as well? Hopefully not...
But maybe I should watch out before committing any kind of charges. That's a good mental note to keep, yes.
He probably really wanted me to pound me upside the head, and give my unconscious body a good kick or two, but I didn't need anything else arising from all of this. So as a good citizen of the planet Earth, I offer him my humble help and admitting my ground to shame.
"Alright, sheesh! Give me a break, will you? It's not like you died or anything!" Reading that look in his eyes, I knew I was in serious trouble if the news ever got out about this. In fact, it'll be big consequences for the both of us.
"You stay here and try not to move your dislocated shoulder around. I'll be back with a medical kit."
----------------------------------------------------------------------
After much rummaging around my messy hut, I was finally graced with the presence of a beautiful medical kit. Inside was a couple of rolled up bandages and boxes of band aides, a bottle of antiseptic and anesthesia, a sample of ambrosia and nectar and so much more. Demigod seekers are all granted medical kits for the job, which was a hallelujah for me and the demigod dude over there outside, leaning by the tree and waiting for me... which I probably should attend to as soon as possible.
In a jiffy, I climb back down to nurse the poor demigod I just hassled. "Try to sit still, alright?" I offered him a piece of the ambrosia just to numb the pain down before wrapping the bandages around his shoulder and taking the sling out of the kit.

OOC: ahahah i dunno how to tend a shoulder so i'm going to assume

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)   Shrouded by the stars (Fudge) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Shrouded by the stars (Fudge)
Page 1 of 1