Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

chase [Vina]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 3:14 am

xRayne Colton
x"C'mon, King!" Rayne said, leading the white German Shepherd out of the Apollo cabin. The setting sun bathed the environment in a warm vermilion glow. The intense brightness coming from both the sun and the bright Apollo cabin walls blinded Rayne for a few moments but she was more or less used to it. When you lived in the cabin of the sun god, you get used to the brightness quickly. Still, despite how she had to squint to get a clear view, Rayne thought it was a beautiful sight.

This wasn't usually the time she brought King out for a walk. She had overslept that morning, however, and she knew that she had to walk him at least once for today or else he would freak. King was a big dog, and big dogs tend to get a little too restless when they did not get their usual dose of exercise. Rayne could already tell that much when she got back ten minutes earlier and King all but pushed her to the floor while attacking her with slobbery licks. Such an affectionate pup.

The first few minutes of the walk turned out great, but then Rayne began to realize the drawbacks of having to walk a huge dog at this time of the day. See, in the wee hours of the morning, there weren't much creatures around, human and otherwise. While King was trained enough to tolerate humans, Rayne still had some trouble with him regarding certain creatures - cats. And wouldn't you know it? There was one lurking around the corner, peacefully asleep. And it wasn't going to stay that way for long.

King began violently barking, making heads turn towards them. Knowing what was to come, Rayne doubled her grip on his leash, but there was only so much that a small framed girl could do against a very strong and very heavy dog. "King! Calm down -" but the German Shepherd easily broke free of his owner's grip. Still barking madly, the dog rushed towards the cat. "KING, NO!"
can't help it if i space in the daze
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 11:26 am

The Cabin Courtyard was semi-empty. Which was one of the reasons I had chosen it. The other reason was cause Smudge was there, and it was the first time I'd seen him since the incident in the Amphitheater. The incident in which I closed the chair he was sitting on to save him from a clutchy six year old, and he was kind of eaten by the said chair. He had got away, but he was a little angry at me, and had been ignoring me for a few days.

He wouldn't let me anywhere near the bench he was lying on, so I sat down on the bench across from his, fully prepared to sit him out. Yes, sit my cat out. If he opened his eyes we could have had a staring contest. We'd had staring contests before. Smudge usually won.

I was wearing my blue shirt, which has an unidentifiable stain on the sleeve. As long as the sleeves were kept up, it wasn't visible, but still. My shorts were patched, very short, but I couldn't be bothered with jeans, even if it was cold. I had on white converse shoes, which I always thought of as my Pumps, because they weren't high tops. My hair was scraped back into a messy ponytail, and I wasn't wearing any sort of necklace or bracelet.

'Hello, Smudge? Remember me? The one that feeds you?... You cannot ignore me forever,' I called to my cat.
He didn't even move, instead looking incredibly peaceful for such an evil cat.
'Cat from Hell,' I muttered, sitting back on my bench.

The sound of barking came from around the corner as I lit up a cigarette, taking a deep drag. Probably someone walking to the Woods to bring they're mutt for a walk. Not like they'd come back here...
Absently I fiddled with my lighter, clicking it on, clicking it off, then putting it in the pocket of my shorts.
'One of these days you're gonna become nice,' I hissed at Smudge.

Taking another drag, I blew out the smoke and was just about to hurl more insults at my cat, just to get an answer, when a very large dog appeared.
It looked like a German Shepard, but it was monstrous.
And its eyes were trained on my Cat from Hell.
"KING, NO!"
The shout came from a brunette girl with a large streak of blonde, but I really wasn't bothered as I jumped up, cigarette still in hand due to shock.
'SMUDGE!' I shouted, as my cat hissed, arced his back, and practically flew off the bench.

Cat and dog raced away, leaving me speechless for a few moments. Then I turned to the girl.
'Your stupid dog is gonna kill my cat!' I almost screamed at her, already moving, running after Smudge and the barking dog.
'Smudge! Stop! Come back! Be good you idiot!' I shouted after him, stopping for a second to squish the cigarette on the ground and forgetting about it immediately.
The trail wouldn't be too hard to follow, given the noise that was being made, hissing cat and barking dog.

OOC: Rana <33
Clothes: Here
Theme: Lay Down Your Weapons - Rita Ora Feat. K Koke
RP Partner/s: Saph <3
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 12:07 pm

xRayne Colton
xRayne watched in horror as King went in for the kill. She was able to breathe a sigh of relief when the cat shot off from the bench, but the moment was cut short when both animals darted off. She launched into a run to catch up with the other girl, the one who she assumed owned the cat. "Your stupid dog is gonna kill my cat!" she all but screamed and Rayne faltered a little in her steps. That stung hard. What if King got his claws on that poor cat?

"I'm sorry!" Rayne called out in-between pants. "I'm so sorry! Please-don't-be-mad-at-me-okay-I'll-sort-this-out!" The words came out in one huge breath but she did not spend any time wondering if the girl understood. Instead, she focused her energy on running as fast as she can. Still not fast enough, unfortunately.

"King, come back!" she cried, almost tripping on a tree root. Her attempt to call the chase off was futile as dog and cat continued to run around, the air filling with barks and hisses. "KING COME BA--"

This time, Rayne wasn't so lucky. Her foot snagged on another tree root and she fell face-first onto the dirt.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 5:58 pm

The girl sounded out of breath, and I rolled my eyes, positive that it was put on.
'Don't be sorry. Help!' I said, exasperated, contemplating pulling her along if I had too.
Despite the situation, I laughed, shaking my head at the girls run on sentence. If I was quiet, this girl was loud.
I ignored it for now though, continuing to move.

'The dogs name is King?' I asked.
It was a good name, even if I was not ever on this planet gonna like the dog. In honesty, if I didn't have Smudge, he'd be the type of dog I'd get. But Smudge would never stand for it.
'Smudge! Smudge if you don't stop this stupid chase, I will never feed you again! And you can go do whatever you want to do, as long as it doesn't mean coming near me!' I shouted after the white cat, not meaning half of it, but annoyed nonetheless.

I was getting incredibly weird glances, with people staring open-mouthed at the chase. Watching as the cat streaked ahead, the massive dog tearing after it, and then the usually broody brunette behind them. Then came the girl with the blonde streak, who was managing to keep up to me.
There was a group of about six people just up ahead, standing around gossiping. Probably Aphrodite kids. Didn't matter, cause the cat barreled through them, the dog followed, and then came me, jumping around legs and bodies, trying to outrun the animals.

I wouldn't have noticed that the girl had fallen if I hadn't looked back at the exact moment. Coming to a very sudden halt, I glanced at the dog and cat rapidly moving away, and the girl sprawled on the ground.
This had better be woth it, I thought viciously, movingquickly back to the girl and holding out my hand, an unspoken invitation for help.
She could have been hurt, which was the reason I kept telling myself.
'So maybe it was also my idiotic cats fault. And maybe I should mention I hate people, cause they're very annoying. And its possible this is as much my fault as yours. I'm not gonna apoligize for my actions, but I will say the cat and the dog are getting away.'

:/:/OOC: Typos can be blamed on phone typing :/ Also theres no color because that would take too long on phone.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 6:54 am

xRayne Colton
xOw. Rayne's eyes squeezed shut as pain started shooting from her nose which had taken the worst of her fall. As she tried to push herself up, she saw through half-closed eyelids specks of blood on the ground. She breathed as calmly as she could. Her nose really hurt. She suspected it was broken. No big deal though, Rayne told herself as an outstretched arm slid into her view.

Clutching her nose with her free hand, Rayne accepted the girl's help and soon rose to her feet. "Yes, his nabe is King. Ib sorry," she said quietly, her speech already impaired by her current predicament. Ignoring how her nose felt sticky and how her lips tasted almost metallic, Rayne directed her gaze behind the girl to where both animals were quickly fading out of sight. She paled. This can't be good. They were too far away to catch up. She had to divert King's attention somehow. Out of desperation, Rayne seized a fallen branch and hurled it as hard as she could. "HHETCH!"

To her immense relief, it worked. The dog's ears perked up and he caught the spinning stick in midair. Rayne let out a sigh of relief (which really really did not bode well with her nose) as she watched the German Shepherd bound back, his jaws clamped over the branch. Now attempting to stem her nosebleed, Rayne anxiously turned to the older girl. "Your cat - is he alright?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 7:42 am

I flinched at the look of her nose, feeling bad now that I had almost left her to her own devices.
Reaching into the pocket of my shorts, I rooted for what I knew should be there, coming up triumphant with a Kleenex tissue. It was clean. My cold had gone about a week ago, but still, shorts and a t-shirt on? Always a good idea to have tissues in case of a sneeze or another cold.
'Here,' I said, trying to sound nonchalant, not too bothered as I held out the tissue.
It wouldn't do much good, of course, cause her nose was bleeding quite a lot, but still. It was something. And it eased the incredible feeling of guilt I had.

'You can stop apoligizing now. It was technically as much my fault as yours, and Smudge is the type of cat to get really annoyed. Plus, you took a bad enough tumble there for me to overlook earlier problems'
Yes a bad enough tumble. Her nose was gonna need medical attention at worst. The infirmary would be open now, wouldn't it? If it was, I could probably go with her. If I could think nice thoughts instead of thoughts of drips and needles, the smell of disinfectant, the sound of monitors beeping-
Feeling my hands begin to shake as I relived the reasons I had a phobia of hospitals, I took a deep breath and tried to clear my head, succeeding somewhat.
So if the girl did need to go to the Infirmary, I was probably not the best person to accompany her.
Then again, if she needed the help, I could hardly leave her alone.
Okay, getting ahead of yourself. Jump that hurdle when you come to it.

The stick throwing was very unexpected, and I fought the urge I had to duck down or jump to the side. The stick cleared my head, not even coming close to clunking me.
As King caught the stick in midflight, I moved forwards as quick as I could, moving to where I had last seen Smudge in the distance.
I found him underneath a Cabin, a pale ghost in the gloom.
'You moron,' I told him sternly, reaching under and fighting claws to grab him around his waist and pull him out, ignoring the hisses of protest.
I did feel an immense relief he was okay though, and as soon as he was out from under the cabin I let him scamper off, disappearing into the distance without the dog chasing him this time.
Back with the girl, I nodded solemly.
'He's an idiot. But he's okay,' I told her, before continuing with a hint of humor, 'To be quite honest, I'd be more worried about your dog. Smudge has slight... violent tendencies. Is King okay?'

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:03 am

xRayne Colton
x"Thanks," Rayne said as she covered her nose with the Kleenex. Although she nodded along, the girl had not really convinced her. King was her responsibility and the chase that followed was completely her fault. But Rayne wouldn't say that aloud. She had a feeling that the girl might rip her head off if she started apologizing again. She smiled instead, forgetting for a moment that the girl could not probably see it through the tissue.

She bent down just as King slowed to a stop beside her. Dropping the stick near her feet, he looked up with pride in his big brown eyes. "You big bog, try not to run off next tibe, 'kay?" Rayne said, using her blood-free hand to scratch him below his ear. King panted, his tongue rolling to the side of his mouth. Rayne grinned - she could already tell that he was unscathed. Thank the gods.

Rayne straightened up as the girl got back. "King's okay," she affirmed. She resisted the urge to exhale in relief; the feeling was rather unpleasant Shifting the tissue so that the girl could see her ear-to-ear grin - albeit with a little dried blood on it - Rayne enthusiastically added, "Glab that no one got hurt!"

Apparently, Rayne forgot that her nose was broken. Typical.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:23 am

It was impossible to see past the tissue, so all I could see was the girls eyes and the top part of her face, but it looked like she was smiling. Wow. That was an unexpected reaction.

I felt another pang of guilt, hearing the way some of her words were mangled. Bog? Either the dog was turning into a turf bog, or she'd meant dog.
'I concur to the not running off thing,' I muttered, agreeing wholeheartedly with it, as long as Smudge wasn't chased away next time.
He'd probably ignore me for days now. Again. Or I'd go back to the Cabin to find him curled up on my bed and refusing to move. Which sounded like him. He'd be curled up on my pillow and no matter what I would do, I would not be able to budge him. So I'd end up sleeping with no pillow.

The girls smile was ear to ear, dried blood in a few places, and I smiled back at her, a little unsure.
Then, resisting the urge to laugh, I gestured to her nose.
'I think... and this is just an assumption... that we can come to the conclusion someone did get hurt. And that someone was you,' I fought with myself for a moment, and then made up my mind, 'If you like- and you can say no- I'll bring you to the Infirmary. You'll need to get that nose checked out, cause it looks kind of broken, and really quite painful.'
I failed to mention that I had a deathly fear of the Infirmary and Hospitals, hiding that small fact from the girl I felt a little reponsible for now. Surely I could go into the Infirmary and be okay? It couldn't be as bad as a hospital, with the heavy disinfectant smell and the beeping of heart monitors...

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 8:43 am

xRayne Colton
xA look of surprise crossed Rayne's face for split-second before morphing into one of understanding. How could she have forgotten that her nose was broken? But Rayne only laughed a little at the girl's offer. "No no no, this is bine. No need to go to the inbirmary."

Despite the pain, she took a deep breath and closed her eyes. A few Ancient Greek prayers later, the pain faded until it only became a dull ache. The bleeding had stopped as well. Wiping the dried blood off with the Kleenex, Rayne winced as she accidentally tapped her nose. The cartilage was mended, she knew, but considering that this felt different from her performing the treatment on others, Rayne felt sure that she slipped up and left a small crack or two. She still needed a bit more practice to treat herself perfectly, but without nectar or ambrosia, she supposed that this was the best fix she could come up with.

"See? Good as new," Rayne said, hoping she sounded convincing. Besides, she was keen enough to notice the slight change in the girl's demeanor before she suggested accompanying her to the infirmary. Although curious, Rayne decided that it was best not to ask.

"So," Rayne said as she picked up King's leash, "what's your name? I'm Rayne."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:28 am

Was that a look of surprise? Surely she hadn't forgotten her nose. My Gods. How could you forget something like that?
The look had quickly become one of understanding however, and I put the other look, the surprised one, to the back of my mind, watching her.
'Are you sure? I mean-'

I watched in fascination as she prayed in Ancient Greek, and watched as the bleeding slowed and then stopped completly. She seemed a little better after it, although I caught her wince as she rubbed some of the blood away. Not all healed then.
'Apollo. Should have guessed,' I mumbled, studying her face.

'Good as new? Looks it,' I offered, not entirely convinced, but incredibly relieved that I didn't have to go to the Infirmary.
I waited for her too pick up the leash before answering, letting out a breath.
'Rana... Jackson. Eris.'
There. Now Rayne knew my name. And I knew hers. I didn't have to keep calling her the girl.

Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 10:34 am

xRayne Colton
xRayne's grin stretched even wider that it was a miracle how her face muscles did not hurt after all the huge smiles she did. Probably because it took less muscles to smile than to frown. "Nice to meet you, Rana. Cool - our names both start with 'Ra'. Just a thought," she pointed out. "My last name's Colton by the way."

Her nose throbbed a little but she maintained a straight face. She was definitely not going to the infirmary. Imagine her siblings' faces if she showed up with a broken nose. She could not stand the thought of them learning how she could not even heal herself properly. How embarrassing! Letting King lick her hand, Rayne instead directed her thoughts to the cat that seemed to vanish from sight. She peered behind Rana in confusion. "Are you sure Smudge'll be alright? I don't think I'm the only one in camp who owns a dog..."

ooc: i apologize for the shortness. i didn't know what else to write. oTL
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 8:14 am

Did she have like, the mentality of a six year old? Our names matched... wow, I hadn't had someone point something like that out since I had left school.
'Good to meet you Rayne Colton. Rayne's a nice name,' I said nicely, playing fair.

Laughing at her then, I followed her gaze past me, not seeing the cat, but imagining him sitting on my bed, tail twitching, eyes flashing.
'Smudge will be perfectly fine. Your dog just caught him out. Smudge is usually the one to do the bullying.'
I could remember the time he'd scratched a Labrador on the nose cause it got way too close for comfort, and the times where he had chased other cats. Smudge was not the sociable type.

:/:/OOC: I had no idea what to write /smacks head on table

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

chase [Vina] Empty
PostSubject: Re: chase [Vina]   chase [Vina] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

chase [Vina]
Page 1 of 1