Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart

Go down 
+3
Crispy Bacon
lara croft
annika.
7 posters
AuthorMessage
annika.

annika.

you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart Empty
PostSubject: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:43 am

So, I have been having some problems right now: face claims. Whenever I want to make a character and I have a face claim in mind, I usually check the topic because, you know, I don't wanna be rude and steal a face claim. ohmygod annika stop with the useless information. Anyway, lately I've been having problems regarding them because most of the faces I want have been claimed by someone inactive who hasn't been on for three months or more.

Today, on the cbox, some members, namely Cher, Cerys (with Vina lurking in the background ;D), and I have been discussing this problem. I'm sure I'm not the only one who's experiencing this. Although I don't really have a solution in mind because I'm stupid, I'm just suggesting that something be done concerning the matter.

Wow, okay. I should really stop wording my sentences like I'm still in the debate team. This is the first suggestion I made and idk if I've done it correctly /shot
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:45 am

Diggy wrote:
(with Vina lurking in the background ;D)

I'm a lurker, what can I say?
I agree with Diggy partly. I think that people who have been active maybe more than a certain number of months should have their claims reopened. Because otherwise their there unable to be used.
However, I think there should be a set amount of months, along the line of maybe five/six? That seems a reasonable amount of time for someone to come back.
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:04 pm

OKAY YES I HAVE BEEN THINKING THE SAME THING, although I don't use play-bys it pains my heart when I see lists that are filled with inactive members. So I took the liberty of making lists of inactive people with play-bys even though it was a pain with name changes and I couldn't find some people so idk. the date after the // in the last time they logged on.

GUUUUURL
Spoiler:

BOOOOY
Spoiler:

People who have been inactive for a month
Spoiler:

Stuff that needs to be changed
Spoiler:

Stuff that looks like old usernames
Spoiler:

People I suspect may be inactive, but I can't find them because of name changes and such (might just be old usernames

Spoiler:

I don't know if you guys are going to go by last post date or what, because there are some people who log on but don't roleplay, but this is going by last log in date.

if none of this is used I will potentially pee on everything you all love just so you know

THERE MIGHT BE ERRORS BUT I HAVE TO GET READY FOR THE MOVIES NOW SO TOO BAD
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:09 pm

Oh my good lord.
Monica..
You went and did all that? XD That's so cool!

In the people you suspect to be inactive however, releasethekraken is granger XDD

Your seriously amazing /pets
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 3:46 pm

m oops is moo

and she left
Back to top Go down
Purple
Experienced Poster
Purple

Location : Go straight, then make a left, turn at the corner. Go right and there it is. Oh!!! Oops. Sorry that's the pizza place. Well, enjoy some pizza.

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 4:31 pm

I totally agree. Every time I look up a FC, it's taken... By someone who hasn't been on in forever. Or. I just haven't recognized.

And woah crisp... woah did that take a while
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:12 pm

Yeah. We were going to do a face claim activity check and that never happened?
Maybe character mods or regular mods or admins could be in charge of bimonthly face claim checks? Because not only are some members inactive, some just hoard claims and never use them. (I'm not saying you have to use the claim within two months or you lose it, but if you aren't using the claim and don't have a plan or see yourself using it, you should let someone have it, right?)
Also fluffy has Hunter Parrish, too. /wants that claim so much
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:35 pm

Bimonthly is a bit too much, but the FC could be requested to be changed or shared between checks.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 6:42 pm

Just a random number, idc how often they happen. The people who do the checks can decide that if they happen.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:13 pm

The problem lies within finding who is inactive and who just changed their name. If you can find a way to accurately check everyone, then by all means. Also, everytime you do a check i a can promise you that active people will forget to speak up. Are you going to send PMs to these people or just strip them of their claims?
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:14 pm

it was a pain in de booty but I'm pretty sure I'm a masochist.
BUT NAME CHANGES ARE THE BANE OF MY EXISTENCE WHEN I AM MAKING LISTS LIKE THIS SO I AM NEVER EVER EVER DOING THIS AGAIN WOW

I think if the staff is pretty familiar with who's around on the site, they should be okay with checking out names that they might not be so sure of because that's what I did, yes.

Inactive female FCs
Spoiler:

Inactive male FCs
Spoiler:

People who have been inactive for a month
Spoiler:

Stuff that needs to be changed
Spoiler:

Stuff that looks like old usernames

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 7:56 pm

Crank wrote:
The problem lies within finding who is inactive and who just changed their name. If you can find a way to accurately check everyone, then by all means. Also, everytime you do a check i a can promise you that active people will forget to speak up. Are you going to send PMs to these people or just strip them of their claims?

If they haven't posted in 6 months nor have they logged on for more than 6 months, then we'll probably strip them of their claim.

If they haven't posted in more than 4 months and haven't logged on for more than 4 months, they'll share the claim or they'll be sent a PM and if they don't reply within 5 days, then the claim is gone.

These post intervals are rp posts, no ooc posts.

If someone's about to leave the site and they have a rank, then the admin in charge of removing their rank should either remove claims or could get someone to remove the claims.

Also, about the username thing, I think we should start using links. So instead of using just 'last, first name - (username)' it would be

Code:
'last, first name - [url=USER PROFILE HERE](username)[/url]'
because user numbers don't change, nor do their profile numbers.

The only exception would be when someone has told a staff member and they could add the username and a link to their profile at the bottom and if someone wants it, then they can share till the member comes back or something.

The 6 month rule isn't that harsh, most other forum rps strip their members of their claims after a month of inactivity.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:50 pm

Crispeh, you have too much time on your hands. Srsly.
Cher, you flawless person, you.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 9:54 pm

I SHOULD START USING MY TIME TO DO FREE LABOUR FOR OTHER SITES FFFF NO APPRECIATION HERE
except for lehane <3 /gallops off into the sunset with lehane

I NOW HATE THIS SUGGESTION, I HOPE YOU ALL SUFFER AND NEVER GET YOUR PLAY-BYS. D:>
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:19 pm

I agree with Diggy stahp you guys make everyone look bad. D8
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:37 pm

HEY

I'M GIVING SUGGESTIONS HERE D:>

Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:01 pm

I propose bringing back character names because sometimes characters are really bootiful and I would like to find out who their play-by is so I can ogle the celebrity's pictures and cry.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 11:24 pm

Character names might help with looking over them to see if they are active, because if you remember seeing a character around, but not who played them, you can see it there. But not needed if you don't want to add them.

And if staff doesn't want to hardcore look over the play-by lists, than maybe 2 or 3 or 4 times a year, probably 3, someone should make a topic for checking inactive play-by's, and you can have a month to comment the names of your play-by's saying which ones are still active. A month is a while to claim play-by's. of course, this would be just as strenuous, so maybe the same style idea but executed a little differently could be good for checks.

And Cher's thing is better but if you want to have actually checks idek never mind. xD
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 12:28 am

Face claim hoarding - I think they could be done only if the person is still planning on using the claim in the future, like I did. Chace Crawford was one of my first claims on the site and I made his character inactive, but I still used the claim to make a new character 8D

Cher's idea is really smart, but yeah. Faces claimed by people who announced their leave should be removed once the person has left. idk. It's not exactly a huge issue in chb, but its a common problem among some members. wow. okay. stopping with the fancy talk now
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 05, 2013 5:44 pm

MY IDEA!? MY IDEA!? WHAT DO YOU MEAN MY IDEA. I'M SMART ALREADY.

Lolno jk -dies-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart   you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

you're holding in your hands the two halves of my heart
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: