Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) Empty
PostSubject: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 10:10 pm

Cold Outside

The blanket of white lay still over the slope of the what seemed a very long trip down a hill. From her cabin, the hill didn't look like much to Belle, and the campers seemed to have plenty of enjoyment sliding down with ease to the bottom, then trudging back to the top to go again. But now, her icy eyes staring down, the hill looked taller than ever.

Her clutch on the small white sled tightened so her knuckles went as white as the snow, and she shivered, not of cold for she was wearing a sleek bubble jacket, a scarf, gloves and long pants. No, she shivered because of nervousness. Horrible thoughts of red snow entered her head, but as she shoved those out, more thoughts flooded in, filling the gaps. How bad would it be if she fell off her sled, and totally broke her arm, and all her cabin members laughed at her? That could seriously damage her reputation. But on the other hand, backing down could ruin her reputation as well. They would laugh at her just as hard for that.

She took a slow step back, making a new track in the snow, her hot breath exhaling. For a moment, it looked like she was backing up, until her arm tightened and lifted the sled and set it on the snow, stepping in front of it and giving a nice hard shove off the ground. The ground seemed to rush at her at top speed, and the wind whipped her hair behind her. The wind buffeted her face and turned her cheeks a bright pink. Belle squinted, trying to look forth and found that this was quite entertaining, really. She opened her eyes wider as the bottom came closer...closer... her eye caught it at the last second. It was a small, grey object protruding from the snow, and she realized it was a rock only milliseconds before it hit.

The bump under the sled wasn't just a small bump, but it pushed the sled high into the air. Belle's grip loosened and she was separated from it, now at the peak of her rising and then she began to descend through the air even quicker than the sled had taken her. Fear shot through her, but did not over ride instinct, for with one swoop of her arm upward, not sure what it would do really but a familiar numbness and sudden shocking tingle answered her immediately. Fallen snow collected in almost a bubble on the ground, becoming larger and larger and when Belle finally hit the ground, she hit the snow and it shot up in a puff as she was caressed, without harm, in the bank. It was not cold in there for her at all, in fact it felt like her room in the Khione cabin, and with her heart still racing she curled up in the little hole she had made and closed her eyes, trying to steady her breathing.

WORDS: 504

BY KAY OF CAUTION AND SDS

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 11:15 pm

TOPHER WINCHELL, SON OF THAUMAS
four hundred eighteen words ;

The cold has never appealed to Topher. It reminded him of the fact that summer wouldn't last forever and that winter would soon snatch away the liberty for him to take a dive in the pool. Not having the ability to just jump into a body of water was seriously troublesome for the sixteen year old. As a son of a sea god, he preferred to walk around clad in board shorts and flip flops, but the cold forced him to take out the stash of warm clothing that stayed hidden at the back of his closet.

It was disorienting; wasn't ice just frozen water? Why did it matter so much to Topher? It was the composition, you see. Ice was almost an entirely different composition as water, something that was disorienting to him. Shaking his head, he forced all negative thoughts aside as he wandered aimlessly around Camp Half-Blood.

Since it was winter, there wasn't really that much activities in store for him. The lake had froze over, but luckily campers arranged an array of winter-themed activities.

Clad in a striped t-shirt, jeans, and a thick sweater, he made his way to his destination: the sledding hill. Since his arrival from Australia, Topher has never tried sledding. He had no plans to try the activity, but perhaps seeing it in action would spark his interest to try.

As he neared the area, his cobalt eyes caught sight of a flying figure. He squinted his eyes. It was too big to be a bird, but too tiny to be a plane. His eyes widened in realization. It was a person! Before the figure could collide with the ground, he started to sprint. The snow made it harder for Topher to run, but he pushed himself to make it in time.

Too late.

Just a mere feet away, the figure plummeted into the ground. He flinched, thinking about the impact and the temperature, as he skidded to a stop. The person lay motionless on the ground. Topher was close enough to distinguish that the figure was a female. Frowning, he shuffled closer to bend down to gently poke the girl.

"Hey, still alive?" he muttered jokingly. Although her eyes were closed, he could tell she was all right because of her even breathing. He wondered if that was an appropriate approach to asking about her welfare. After all, being serious was one of Topher's weaknesses.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 8:47 pm

Cold Outside

The quietness quickly helped soothe her and the stillness made her feel stable, but as soon as she heard a male voice she jolted upright, immediately assuming it was one of her campers. She hurried to fix her hair and dust off her jacket, turning to look at the figure. She then raised an eyebrow as if to judge him but she had learned over time at camp not to judge someone right away. This proved a bit difficult since his question seemed a bit insensitive or at least careless.

Still smoothing her hair her eyes traveled from his eyes, noticeably very deep sea blue, to his toes and back to his face. "What kind of question is that?" She snapped. "Of course I'm alive, do I look dead to you?" Her voice quavered at the word dead for she too thought she might die. "No, I didn't think so," she said abruptly, not allowing time for answer. She then raised a hand and for a second it looked like she might have slapped the boy, but instead her wrist did a little flick and suddenly a numbness and uncomfortable tingle grew in her hand and the snow under her feet rose and she slid out of the hole of the bubble she had created, her fur boots landing on snow much easier to walk through that wasn't shoulder height.

She turned back to the boy, and guilt wove through her, and she frowned. He looked pretty innocent and she didn't mean to snap at him but she was not in the sort of mood for joking. Her hand flattened and the bubble of snow sank back to the ground so that he, previously still kneeling by the bubble, was now standing at the same height as her. Belle then stepped forward to him and sighed. "I'm sorry," she admitted, looking down at her boots which she shook free of the melting frost. "I didn't mean to snap at you. I'm sure you didn't mean to....I mean, I get offended easily I suppose... and plummeting from the sky doesn't really improve one's attitude..." she rambled, her face growing pink again like the wind had made it 5 or 10 minutes before. Belle peeled her eyes off the ground and back onto the boy, who she probably shouldn't refer to as boy since he was around her age, give or take. "Sorry..." She repeated again, her icy-blue eyes staring into his water-blue ones.

WORDS: 415

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:25 pm

three hundred twenty words ;

The sudden movement startled him when the girl sat upright to fix herself. He watched curiously as she combed her fingers through her hair and brushed particles of snow off her jacket, letting a low chuckle escape his lips. The moment she laid her piercing blue eyes on him and cocked an eyebrow, Topher couldn't help but mirror the image, but in a less serious manner.

He frowned at the tone of her voice. Had he really said it that rudely? Certainly, he hadn't meant it any harm. Opening his mouth to make an apology, he was surprised when the girl cut him off. When she raised a hand, appearing to have the intention of giving him a good slap to the face, he cringed and raised his arms to shield himself.

At the absence of the impact, he opened an eye to look at the girl once more. He was taken aback when his eyes landed on her standing figure.

He was about to speak when, for some reason, the snow had brought him up to his feet and he now came face-to-face with the girl. A smile tugged on the corners of his lips at the apology.

"It's cool. I probably shouldn't have been so rude anyway." he shrugged. With her eyes glued to the ground, he took this as an opportunity to study her. Her long blonde hair framed her delicate face, resembling a porcelain doll. She had sharp features here and there, but what truly stood out to him was the light shade of her eyes. It didn't take a rocket scientist to decipher that she was a child of a snow goddess.

"Topher," he supplied when the girl's voice trailed off. "I'm Topher WInchell." When her eyes met his, he felt his cheeks tingle pink. The reason, however, wasn't only due to the cold environment.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 9:44 pm

Cold Outside

Belle let her eyebrow drift up again curiously. "Topher..." She repeated, feeling the name on her tongue. "What a curious name..." She said, secretly thinking it reminded her of tofu. As her eyes examined her innocent face, she couldn't help but let a twinkle of a smile spread on her soft lips, seeing some pink tones spread upon his face as well.

"I'm Belle, Belle Neige," she told him, not knowing why. She most certainly did not give away her name like this. Normally, people already knew her, or assumed she was cold like her mother, and didn't wish to know her. But this boy...Topher... he seemed not to know what to think about her, but if she had to guess, he would be thinking she was some bi-polar lunatic. Belle felt her eyes come back into focus and she shifted the balance nervously from her right to her left foot, uncomfortable in the awkward silence. She lifted her hand to twist her icicle necklace mindlessly between her fingers, thinking of something to say. Then, it struck her that he was probably here to sled down the hill, and that she was a momentary delay.

"Oh, dear, I'm sorry. Did you want to go down the hill? Oh gods..." she breathed deeply, not really sure what was making her ramble so much, usually she kept a cool head. "Excusez-moi, je suis tellement désolé!" Belle had not spoken french for a long time and only did so when nervous, and she was now even more embarassed than before. "I mean- only- guh! Let me get out of your way. I'm so sorry," she mumbled, walking forth through the snow, looking for her sled that she was separated from in the accident. "Oh, where could it have landed, surely not too far," Belle mumbled to herself, determined not to make more of a fool of herself than she already had. This was truly one of the most embarrassing encounters at this camp yet. She turned to look back at Topher. "Truly sorry... Let me grab my sled and get out of your way," she apologized again, wading through the snow to search.
WORDS: 364

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:17 pm

four hundred forty-seven words ;

Topher felt his grin widen at her curious expression. "It's short for Christopher," he explained. He didn't want to admit it, but the sound of his name on her tongue felt… right. Not wanting to give into all that Nicholas Sparks crap, he forced the thought out of his mind. Sure, she was pretty, but she was way out of his league. Judging by the way her eyes scrutinize his every movement to the way she worded her sentences, she was used to being in control. The leader. He was too much of a clown to be one. A girl like her probably had an equally strong boyfriend.

His breath caught in his throat when she smiled at him and introduced herself. Belle Niege? The name was awfully familiar. "Belle Niege," he whispered, trying to recall where he has heard of the name before. "Khione cabin leader?" he guessed. He has heard the name floating around camp. He just wash't sure what she was associated with. Although he has come across rumors about her, no pun intended, cold mother, Topher figured that her daughter wasn't the same. Belle just seemed a tad bit intimidating… okay, maybe a lot.

Shoving his hands into the pockets of his jeans, he rocked back and forth on the balls of his feet. His eyes drifted to the necklace around her neck, which she fidgeted with.

He chuckled at her jitteriness. Once again, before he could talk, she interrupted him by speaking fluent French. The girl never ran out of ways to surprise him, didn't she? He trailed behind her, studying her actions. Normally, he would've struck up a conversation, but Belle fascinated him. Whenever he'd try to speak, she'd do something shocking and he'd immediately shut up.

When he snapped out of his reverie, she was already wandering around, looking for her sled. He caught up with her pace and grabbed her wrist, stopping her search. "Hey. Don't go," he told her with a smile. "First of all, I don't even know how to do this thing. Plus, I don't even have a sled. I just came here to watch some action."

He licked his lips, his gaze averted to her eyes. "I think I found something better to do anyway." When he came to the sledding hill, he hadn't expected to meet someone like her. Something he enjoyed was making new friends and he wouldn't let the opportunity slide.

Topher plopped down on the snow, patting the space beside him with his hand. "Come on, I won't bite… hard," he teased, a wicked glint in his azure eyes.

Last edited by Diggy on Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 21, 2012 10:34 pm

Cold Outside

Belle was just about to give up the search for her sled when a crunch of snow sounded behind her and she looked up, as her wrists were seized. She listened to him talk for a second, before wrenching her wrists out of his hands, pulling them away from him and closer to herself. Realizing her actions, she opened her mouth to apologize, but shut it once more because there was nothing to apologize about. She was in control of herself, and she couldn't believe that he would just grab her like that. Obviously, he did know who she was after all, and even knowing this, he still grabbed her.

Topher's words went in one ear and out another as if he wasn't speaking at all, but merely emitting a background noise as Belle was in deep thought and nothing could distract her, until, surprisingly, he turned to go. This quickly snapped her back to reality, because even given her mixed feelings about him, Belle indeed wished he wouldn't go. At first, she stayed glued to the spot, completely unsure of her opinion of this guy at the moment. On one hand he was sort of cute and funny, but on the other he seemed to have zero boundaries, and could be rude. But, Belle realized it was probably just his nature and that he didn't mean to, so she couldn't really hold that against him. She then decided to follow, secretly wishing she hadn't pulled her hand away, but she was just frightened at his actions is all.

Hustling to keep up, Belle finally stood by his side, and Topher sat, patting the ground next to him, obviously intending for her to mimic, but she was very unsure. Her butt was still bruised from her last attempt to go down the hill, and wasn't so sure that going down without a sled would be satisfactory either. She sighed, giving in because the more she thought about it the more she figured he wouldn't give up. So, with that, she bent over and settled down next to Topher. Without turning her head or removing her frightened eyes from the bottom, she spoke. "And now?" She questioned, wondering what could possibly come now.
WORDS: 374

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:00 am

two hundred ninety-three words ;

A frown replaced the soft smile on Topher's face. His eyebrows knitted together as his mind shifted from Belle's cold exterior to her previous nervousness. He wasn't the type to see in black and white; he knew that there was a side to her that nobody rarely saw. He pondered about telling her about his little theory, but he decided to keep it to himself. Something inside him to save it for later or else he'd be greeted with a knuckle sandwich.

He fumbled with the gloves he had on his hands, pinching the edges of the fingers softly. "Now," he started, glancing at her from the corner of his eye. "We talk."

"Are you really this guarded or have I done something to turn you off?" he joked, but regretted it soon after. He was briefly reminded about how he had greeted her earlier and bit his lip. "I'm sorry," he apologized with a sheepish grin. "I really am. It's just… I don't know." he laced his fingers through his hair.

Clearing his throat, he straightened his posture. Topher decided that he wasn't in the mood to get on Belle's bad side and would rather consider her as a friend. He turned back to the daughter of Khione and let a smile light up his face.

"Hey," he greeted her, out of the blue. "I'm Topher Winchell. If I'm not mistaken, you're Belle Niege? Khione kid?" Starting all over again seemed like a reasonable way to alter her bad impression of him.

"I couldn't help but notice how you fell earlier. Are you all right?" he asked half-jokingly. Partially, he wanted to lighten the mood, yet he was really concerned about her.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 12:16 am

Cold Outside

"Excuse me?" She could feel her tone rising along with her short temper, which was a really bad flaw of hers, but it fell as he apologized and it sounded pretty sincere. She watched as, for the first time since she had seen him, he looked pretty serious. But, of course, it was short lived as his cute smile returned and she couldn't help but smile back as he introduced himself again. Starting over seemed appropriate for both of them, especially for Belle since she was probably the one who had done the most wrong.

"Nice to meet you, Topher. I like that name, sounds unique," she laughed, lightly. The laugh, hopefully, was a warm sign for him because this is usually how she acted around friends, and she had a feeling they were going to be good friends. "You're correct, I'm Belle. And yes, I'm quite fine, really, wasn't too bad of a fall," she lied at the last part, but hey, it was better than snapping. In her opinion, she was doing really well at this.

"Oh I really love your eyes," she told him, truthfully now. She had been wanting to tell him so since they had met. She liked them especially because they were a very welcoming blue unlike her sharp, cold, and distant eyes. "Are you a son of Poseidon?" Belle inquired. Realizing it the moment she had said it, he had never introduced who he was the son of. She doubted he was very secretive, but maybe he had a reason for not telling her. "I mean," she began. "You don't have to tell me if you don't want to. I know some kids here probably don't like their parents..."
WORDS: 288

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:43 am

three hundred twenty words ;

Topher felt a surge of hope when he saw a smile appear on Belle's lips. She was actually very pretty if she just let a smile slip in here and there. Despite it being just one little smile, it could've been a catalyst for a new friendship to ignite.

He chuckled when she complimented his name. "Belle sounds way cooler though," he said, nudging his arm against hers gently. The sound of her laugh rang in his ears. It definitely sounded better than being yelled at. He felt his shoulders relax, now at ease at how Belle had warmed up to him. "If you need some ice for any injuries, you're in luck; it happens so we have an abundance of it." he gestured to their surroundings jokingly, flashing her a grin.

"Thank you." Were his cheeks turning even redder? He hoped not. He didn't want to mislead her into thinking that he had a crush on her. She was attractive, yeah, but c'mon. Who would go for a guy like him?

"I'd hate to break it to you, but your eyes are so much better to look at," he chuckled. It probably was because he was used to looking at the same eyes everyday when faced with a mirror. His eyes were just a boring shade of blue. Not light, nor dark. Somewhere in the middle. On the other hand, her's was a light blue. It seemed appropriate, given that she was the daughter of Khione.

He shook his head. "Nah. I'm the son of an unknown god. His name's Thaumas. He's a sea god too, though," he expounded. "I don't really mind. People always assume I'm Poseidon's kid, but yeah. I don't blame them." he winked.

"I've noticed you speak French too. Where are you from?" he asked, hoping that it wasn't a lame excuse for small talk.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 1:40 pm

Cold Outside

Belle appreciated the compliment about her eyes. A lot of campers don't like to talk to her because they feel like her eyes are too icy and scary. It sort of bothered her. But someone who appreciated her eyes was rare, and she appreciated that about him. She then nervously folded her hands in her lap and sat quietly, listening. Thaumas... strange.

"Thaumas sounds familiar. Isn't he the dad of... uhh... you of course but also Iris? I think. Not sure about that one," she laughed nervously. Wow, if she was wrong, that would make her look a touch stupid, wouldn't you think? She then shrugged, deciding not to linger upon the thought too terribly much and turned back towards Topher.

"I'm from France, where else?" she giggled. "Well, I suppose any other french speaking country, so that was stupid to say... uhm..." she tapped a finger to her lip lightly. "I'm from France, but my dad and I moved to Canada to be closer to mom, but that didn't really work since I ended up coming here where she can't visit me," she explained, deciding that that was probably the best explanation. As she said this, her eyes wandered from Topher's face distractedly around the camp to the mess hall where they froze. She could see small figures entering and exiting in what seemed to be finely dressed clothes. It was the dance, once again, and she had no one. Not that she wanted to go, of course. That would be completely unprofessional. She thought this, of course, fighting the desire burning in the back of her mind. She pulled her eyes away quickly in attempt to mask that she had even noticed the dance, and stared down at the hill again, her finger tracing her name in cursive in the fine frost.
WORDS: 306

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 22, 2012 11:21 pm

three hundred forty-three words ;

"Yup," Topher confirmed. It seemed pretty strange claiming that your half-sister was a Greek goddess. He figured that some campers were used to it already, but still. To the sixteen year old demigod, it was strange. "Pretty impressive that you know who my half-sister is. Most people I know don't even listen in Greek Mythology class." He didn't want to admit to being part of that majority. For some reason, he felt the desire to impress her too.

At the sound of her giggle, he couldn't help but grin. He liked the idea that she was starting to warm up to him. He got the impression that she didn't let a lot of people into her life that much. Hopefully, he'd be considered as a friend to her as much as she was to him.

"I heard that France is lovely," he muttered, trying to picture a young Belle in the midst of the European country. "Canada… Khione's in Canada?" he asked, confused. Most gods were scattered all around North America, most of them being in Manhattan. But he has never heard of a goddess in Canada.

During the short period of silence, he figured that it was his turn to give his two cents. "I'm from Australia. My mom was an Olympic swimmer--that's how she met my dad--and she wanted us to become like her, you know? But then I came along and we had to relocate to America because camp. I live in Long Island now with my two siblings too. They're great. Their names are Marina and Kai," he chuckled softly.

"Do you have any mortal siblings?" he wondered out loud. As he said this, his eyes drifted from Belle to their surroundings. That's when he saw the mess hall. Oh. It was that time of the year again. The dance. Every single year, he showed up date-less. It wasn't that he was gay, it was just that no girl has ever sparked his interest enough. He glanced at Belle curiously to see her scribbling in the snow.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 12:05 am

Cold Outside

Belle giggled again. "Of course Khione is in Canada! The Gods are above New York, right? That means that since Khione and Boreas are north. And North means Canada," she stated. Belle guessed that he was one of those kids he was talking about that didn't pay attention in class. Nevertheless, she didn't say so. She had manners. But the small talk was really boring and it was killing her. Belle let her eyes wander to the dance again, and her heart skipped a beat, realizing what she was considering.

Belle, what is wrong with you? she thought to herself. Look at him! He probably already has a date or something! Besides, you have work to do. Belle sighed, touching a cold finger to her temple, getting a headache from the silent war inside her head. Her other half argued strongly that it was worth a shot because, after all, she had nobody and nothing to lose. "I don't have any mortal siblings," she muttered, distractedly. She shifted, looking at Topher. "Hey, Topher, we don't really know each other that much I mean, we only met like twenty minutes ago..." she stared. A part of her mind was winning and the other part was losing. Don't do it... "But never mind that, I was wondering...Well, you see, I'm a girl," she said, dumbly. "A-And you're a boy," she sputtered. Belle then took a deep breath. "Well I waswonderingsinceit'sgirlsaskguysdoyouwanttogotothedancewithme?" she asked, all in one breath, trying to hide that she really wanted to gasp for air, and then roll down the hill to hide in her ball of snow again.

Brilliant, she just made a fool of herself, asking a question like that after hardly knowing a guy, whose first impression on you was an annoying little boy. He sure is going to go to the dance with you after that.

WORDS: 311

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:12 am

two hundred seventy-two words ;

In that moment, Topher wished he could just slap himself. During the period of their conversation, he had managed to make himself seem like a fool numerous times. He was used to being the class clown, always making people laugh and brightening up a room. For some reason, he thought it just made him look stupid around Belle.

[color=#0f5b5f]"Hey," he whispered when she raised her hand to rest a finger to her temple. "You okay?" He thought that she was getting a migraine from the cold, but then he remembered that she was a daughter of Khione. It was probably freezing in their cabin. In fact, every time he passed it, he would always feel a gush of wind. That's when he realized something was bothering her.

His frown deepened when she started talking about their earlier introductions. Was she still irritated about his insensitiveness? But the topic switched to their genders, and immediately, a smile made its way to his face. He felt his heart hammer in his chest as she asked him the question that has been on his mind ever since they started having a real conversation. "What was that?" he asked playfully. "I don't think I understood you."

"Well, we both shouldn't let the opportunity slide, should we?" he stood up, holding a hand out to help her stand up. "I should probably let you get ready and stuff. Y'know, do whatever girls do before dances." he shrugged. Topher noted that he should fix himself up as well. After all, he wanted to look his best to his first dance with a date.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 1:56 am

Spoiler:

Cold Outside

Wait....Was that a yes?Belle let her mouth drop open and found that it was dry the next time she tried to talk, so she kept to herself. Extending a hand, she took his and stood, brushing the snow off of her pants. She could feel herself trembling. Licking her lips, she tried to gather herself. "Yeah, I ought to..." She smiled at him, and followed his lead back to the cabins. "See you soon," and with a wave, she walked through the snow back to her cabin.

super duper time skip of epicness

The blue glow of her room shined brilliantly, making the room look like it was some sort of sparkling dream, except for one thing. There was a bed at the back wall of the room, covered in all sorts of clothes and shoes, same with the floor. And, ironically, the closet was empty. Belle stood, in front of the mirror by the closet, examining herself up and down. She word a short black dress with light blue along with golden heels, and her hair was curly, down over her shoulders. Finally, she had found a dress that moderately satisfied her, but she made a mental note to do some shopping. A couple last touches. She went over to her dresser and picked up a small box, putting in a fancy key and twisting it. It made a click, and the top popped open. She peered inside, reaching in and pulling out two small dangling earrings shaped like snowflakes, that were clear and shimmering. She removed her icicle necklace and placed it in the box, then put in the earrings. She then applied some light pink makeup and turned to her bed, where something that wasn't there before now sat.

"Wow, very quiet aren't you," she smiled, staring at the magnificent snowy owl staring back at her. The owl responded only to french. She hadn't forgotten, this time, but merely wasn't as used to speaking french as she had been in the past. She hoped, for all that was good, that she wasn't forgetting. "How do I look?" Belle asked the bird, twirling and walking over to stroke it's feathers. It hooted appreciatively. She took a seat next to it. Now to wait. Waiting was always the worst part because there was always that horrible doubt in your mind that anyone would show up and you would be left alone. As hard as Belle tried to forget this, the more she felt like it could be true. The boy she had met did seem like one of those guys that moves around a lot from girl to girl, with ease since he was pretty cute. Her fingers kept stroking the owl's feathers as she was deep in thought, staring at the icy wall of her room.

WORDS: 311

Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:17 am

three hundred seventy words ; outfit

Even though Topher was trained to fight ancient monsters and speak the native language of the gods, the thought about going to a dance freaked the hell out of him.

After he and Belle had established that, indeed, he accepted her invitation to the Sadie Hawkins dance, he rushed back to his cabin with the intent of finding something decent to wear. Part of him nagged that he would have difficulty with finding something.

Once in the safety of his cabin, he dashed straight to his closet, rummaging through it. He prayed to the gods that he'd find something appropriate to wear. He had intended to wear a tux, but by the abundance of board shorts and graphic t-shirts in his closet, the idea was far-fetched. Finding formal wear was almost as difficult as coming across winter clothes in his closet! He flung different items of clothing behind him and to his bed. Geez, how many pairs of swimwear did he really need? After what seemed to be forever, he managed to find a baby blue button down shirt and some slacks. He thanked whichever god was looking out for him, for he still remembered how to do a tie after attending a wedding a year before. However much to his dismay, he couldn't find a good pair of leather shoes, and settled for his black Converse sneakers. Oh well. He tried.

Topher had attempted at fixing his unruly hair, but unfortunately, it didn't want to cooperate on the day he finally decided to let it be. Frowning, he wonder what his date would look like. Surely he hadn't underdressed and she would understand that he didn't frequent formal events. Before he headed out, he took one last glance at the mirror and tried to straighten out his rumpled button down.

Once he arrived at the Khione cabin, he rapped on the door. It wouldn't be good if he just stormed in and claimed his date. Yeah, not a good idea.

"Hey," said Topher when Belle emerged. He felt his heartbeat accelerate. "You look cute. I like the earrings," he complimented, referring to the jewelry she had donned. It seemed rather appropriate.

Back to top Go down
Kol Mikaelson
Experienced Poster
Kol Mikaelson

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 23, 2012 3:28 pm

Spoiler:

Cold Outside

Belle's heart pounded as she heard a knock on her door. Oh gods, he was there. Why did people enjoy theses things?? It seemed like a whole lot of nervousness and a good time to crash and burn to her. Her owl hooted encouragingly. She gave it one last stroke and stood, smoothing out her dress. She gulped, walking carefully over to the door. It wasn't her fault that she didn't get much practice in these shoes. Her hand touched the iced over doorknob, and she turned it, shivering.

When she pulled open the door, she expected a Khione kid. Usually a member of her cabin was there to convey the message that someone wanted to see her and they were waiting out front. Campers usually feared entering the Khione cabin because they might freeze to death, and they were right about that. So, naturally, her anticipation wavered as it was not actually Topher. She smiled at her sibling. "Hello," the sibling said. "A boy is waiting for you outside. But I must say, he doesn't look to me like he's Thayer," she said, with a giggle. Belle's smiled dropped quickly. "Of course it's not Thayer. He wouldn't have the nerve to speak to me, and thank the gods for that," she snapped, then turned and strode away quickly, not even noticing how well she was walking in the shoes.

When she came to the front, her nerves have dissolved into a temper, and when she came out into the sun, she felt it very uncomfortable and hot. When she heard a voice behind her, she didn't turn immediately. She took a moment to close her eyes and take a deep breath, pushing the irritation back to mask it with happiness. She then turned to look at Topher. She smiled, seeing that he didn't manage to tame his hair, but that was fine by her. He still looked very handsome. When he complimented her, she was sincerely happy now. Her cheeks turned a bit pink. "Merci, toi aussi," she told him, her eyes glancing him up and down, not judging him this time but appreciating him. He must be right loony if he said yes to go with her, but she just smiled. She lifted a finger to touch her earrings. "You look very handsome," she replied. "Shall we go?"

WORDS: 390

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)   Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Oh what fun it is to ride down a hill of snow and fall on your face (private)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: