Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FinDistant

FinDistant

A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) Empty
PostSubject: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:58 pm

A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) Tumblr_mb4aujybuI1ryy772o1_r1_250
~ Justin Cage ~

Justin walked towards the edge of the partly frozen-over lake, wearing his regular blue swim-shorts and sword strapped around his white t-shirt. Being a son of Chione, the Snow Goddess, Cold weather did not effect him. He slipped the shirt off to reveal a solid stomach he had been working on since he got to camp 4 years ago.
He laid his sword onto his shirt and folded the clothing around it, to keep the sand out of the sheath. Justin walked calmly to the edge of the water, and dived in head-first into the water. The regular sensation of swimming in cold water washed over him. The sensation was like being in a doorway between a heated inside, and a snowy outside. He could feel the cold, but just beyond a sense of warmth.

The moment he hit the water, he started the do laps around the edge of the lake, dodging the larger pieces of ice as he did so. Only once it started to snow lightly did he walk out onto the beach, and jog back towards his shirt.

Last edited by FinDistant on Sun Dec 09, 2012 11:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 5:18 pm

Rachel~||~Alice~||~Jennings
Rachel loved the cold. She wasn't immune to it like the Khione kids, she just didn't mind the chill on her skin. So today she headed out to the beach in worn-down red sweater covered with patches, jeans, and a hat to cover her curly brown hair. Her feet were bare, like usual. The only thing out of place was the absence of her cat, Amira. Her clipboard and bejeweled dagger were in place, though. She needed her clipboard to capture anything interesting enough to draw. Like the boy she just spotted jogging towards his clothes. Drawing men was harder for Rachel, especially with muscles, so she took the chance, sat down, and drew. Since had just probably taken a swim, he was sopping wet, which made an interesting challenge for Rachel.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 09, 2012 11:22 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

Justin continued to Jog, noticing as he did a camper writing on a clipboard. 'Is she writing or drawing?' he thought to himself, finally reaching his shirt.
He picked up the white t-shirt and used it to dry himself off, glancing a few times over at the girl. She was cute enough, her brown hair falling out from under her hat. He noticed she wasn't wearing shoes, but he didn't recognize her from his cabin. 'Strange,' he thought to himself.
He didn't think she was looking at him, but just on the off-chance he decided to impress her. He sat on the sand just by his sword, no longer breathing heavily as he had when he first got out of the lake, and began to do crunches.

Last edited by FinDistant on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:54 am

Rachel glanced back up at the boy, only to move her hazel eyes away again. Her freckles were hidden by the flush that had crept onto her cheeks. She forced herself to go back to her paper, which was covered with guidelines. She embellished, adding the frame, erasing and re-drawing, but her eyes kept drifting back to the boy. You just need to refresh your memory, that's all, she told herself. But the erratic beating of her heart told her otherwise. But she pressed on, getting a clearer shape on her paper.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:00 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

He jumped over to his stomach now, and starting doing push ups. He glanced over at the girl and smiled at her blushing. It could have very well been the wind, but Justin thought he had left an impression on the girl.
He started to breath heavy after the 20th push-up, and glanced over at the girl just fast enough to see her turn her head back towards the paper. But she had definitely noticed him. He stood up now, throwing over his shirt and slinging his sword across his back. Justin walked slowly in the direction of the girl, and as he got closer the more he noticed her distinct features; the freckles on her face, the brown hair flowing out of her hat. She was more than 'cute,' she was down-right gorgeous.
He stood a few feet away from her as his voice broke the otherwise silence of the cold day. "Hey," Justin said with a smile on his face and confidence in his voice.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 7:11 pm

Rachel was even more flustered as usual, trying to cover up her drawings. She put her clipboard aside, tucked in her legs, and looked at the boy, so close to her. "Um, hi," she said in a small voice. She averted her gaze; she never could hold eye contact for long, being the introverted girl she was. She felt heat creep onto her cheeks as she stood up, still not looking at the boy. Extending a trembling hand, she introduced herself, her voice still quite small. "I-I'm Rachel... I'm a daughter of H-Hermes..." She cursed her nervous stutter, and looked down at her bare feet, covering her face with her hands.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 8:13 pm

~ Justin Cage ~
He grabbed her hand firmly, smiling as he did so. "Justin, Justin Cage." he said lightly, to keep her calm, "Son of Khione, hence the swimming. It's a pleasure to meet you." He shook her hand smiling, and noticed how incredibly soft her hands were. 'Then again, aren't all girls hands?' he thought to himself.
He sat himself next to her, laying his legs out on the sand, and propping himself up on his arms. He noticed how nervous she was, as her hand had been trembling as he shook it, so he chose to make light conversation. "What 'chya working on there?" he asked, pointing towards the clipboard.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:01 pm

If it was possible, Rachel's flush deepened even further. She puffed out a few clouds of her quickened breath before she sat down, taking the clipboard to her chest and holding it there. "Um, I was.... Drawing," she said, still timid. She tried to avoid looking into Justin's eyes, but her hazel eyes kept sliding back. She forced herself to focus on the horizon, and cleared her thoughts. Propping the clipboard up against her knees, keeping it hidden from Justin, she examined the son of Khione, trying to keep her blush down. He was well built, and, dare Rachel say it, handsome. Suddenly shivering, she pulled her body tighter in, forgetting about the clipboard, which clattered off of her knees, the drawings half finished.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 10, 2012 11:25 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

It was immediately obvious when she blushed as hard as she did that she didn't want him seeing the drawing, or knowing what it was. Which of course, only made it more interesting to him. He was about to ask What of? when she shivered, and the drawing fell to the sand. He saw a half-finished outline of a young man.
He assumed the man was himself, but he couldn't tell for sure as it wasn't finished yet. The art in itself, however, was quite good. He picked it up and handed it back to her. "There you go," he said, smiling at it as she grabbed the clipboard. "It looks great so far." he added, smiling reassuringly at her.
Something about the way she blushed he found incredibly adorable. Normally he liked the girls who were like him. Outgoing and confident; but Rachel seemed to be catching his eye quite well.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 11:35 am

~sorry, no muse :/
Rachel risked a small smile as she took her clipboard back. She gazed at him, taking in the cool air with short, quick breaths. Shaking her head and clearing her throat, she addressed Justin. "Do you, um, come here often?" Rachel asked. She eased herself into Justin's presence, trying to still her erratic heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 7:19 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

"Quite often," he said matter-o-factly. "I try to come here everyday and workout," he stated, maybe with a bit too much pride and showing off
in his voice. "But I'd be lying if I said I kept to it everyday. How about yourself, you like the cold much?" he asked, smiling at her
confidently. He tried to keep eye contact, but her eyes kept dodging his gaze, for some reason.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 9:36 pm

Rachel~|~Alice~||~Jennings
Rachel drew her knees up to her chest, and rested her chin on them, covering her face with her arms. "I don't mind it. Plus, it's a hassle to wear a jacket while I'm drawing. It drags me down." She took a quick glance at her clipboard, with her unfinished drawing of Justin. She really needed to get a cover for her clipboard. She sighed, and buried her face in her arms, not knowing what to do next.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 11, 2012 10:15 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

Justin nodded politely as she explained. "Alright then, alright." he said calmly, but still smiling. As she drew up her legs, he
couldn't help but get the idea she was bored. He hated when people were bored. He had to
continue the conversation somehow, so his mind shifted to the drawing. "So, if
it's not being too intrusive, what is it, or rather, WHO is it that
you're drawing?"
he asked, referencing again to the drawing.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:34 am

Rachel blushed furiously, trying not to grab her clipboard. "Oh....I was, um, drawing...you," she said, in a very small voice. She buried her face even further into her arms, embarrassed. She hadn't even finished it, and Justin already knew about it. She wished she had brought Amira, to hug the tabby, no matter how sleepy the kitten was.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 7:13 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

"Me?" Justin said aloud. Of course, he had already gotten that much from the etchings
on the paper. But he just thought it might have been his ego thinking for him there. "Well, in that case,
it's damn-near beautiful."
he said, looking at the drawing and making sarcastic flexing movements in his arm. "Am I
really that muscular?"
he asked jokingly, laughing after he did.
"No but seriously, it looks really nice." he finished, dropping his arm behind him again.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:27 pm

Rachel peeked over her arms, brown curls covering everything but her hazel eyes. "You really think so?" Rachel asked. "I'm not even finished with it," she continued, her voice even. Most people would glance at her work, then look away, pretending to ignore it. Justin's compliment made her feel rather warm inside, and she smiled, before ducking back into her arms to cover her blush, once again.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 8:39 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

"Well yeah," he said, smiling and looking over at her. 'Gods, she's cuter than hell when she does that.' he thought
to himself as he stared at her hiding in embarrassment. He pointed to the image, "I mean, it's not done yet
obviously, but so far it looks brilliant. Gods know I could never draw like that."
He smiled
at her with sincerity in his face, trying to lock his cold blue eyes with her own.

Last edited by FinDistant on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:22 pm

Rachel looked back up to find his blue eyes already looking for hers. She almost hid again. But she forced herself not to. She shifted into a cross-legged position, and scooted closer to Justin. "You're very sweet," she said, with a smile. Then, on impulse, she gave him small kiss on the cheek. Rachel blushed once again, tucking a hair behind her ear and wondering why she did that. Her mind was clouded with an odd emotion as she looked at Justin.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 9:49 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

He smiled, as he did quite often, and looked into her eyes searchingly with shock in his own. Somewhere under all that shy and
timid exterior, there was a confident and spontaneous woman. He had seen a
little of her, but he wanted to see more.
After a few second of shocked silence, Justin started, "Well, as unexpected as that was..." he leaned in and kissed her back on
the cheek, "but I'm glad it happened." He scooted a little closer to Rachel, and put his arm around her waist. "But I'm afraid I don't know
you all too well,"
he said looking over with a handsome smile, "So why don't you say after you're done drawing that picture, we go get some Hot Chocolate?"
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:22 pm

Rachel~||~Anne~||~Jennings
Rachel gave him a smile, her cheeks burning, and nodded. She took up her clipboard, dusted it off, and drew. She had a good memory, so she only needed to take a few glances back at him to complete the picture. But since she had no definite way of shading the scene, she just quickly colored a basic lighting situation. She smiled, and with a critical eye, went over her handiwork. Everything seemed to be in order, and she could fine-tune it as soon as she got a pen and eraser. The whole thing only took about five minutes. "Hot chocolate sounds really good right now," said she.
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 10:49 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

"Well, you are looking at New York's Finest hot-cocoa maker." Cage said, posing himself like a hero and smiling. After a short laugh, he stood
himself up and brushed the sand off the back of his shorts and legs. He looked out over the lake in front of them and saw the ice. 'ICE'! he thought,
remembering the cold weather he was immune to. "Gods, I didn't even think about it, you must be freezing!" Justin said, extending a hand to help her up.

Last edited by FinDistant on Thu Dec 13, 2012 12:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 12, 2012 11:01 pm

Rachel gladly took his offered hand and stood up, brushing herself off. Her feet and hands were slightly numb, and that was it. "I'm fine, really," Rachel said. But she still wrapped her arms arounds herself, keeping in what little body heat she had. "I'd just like a cup a hot cocoa." She smiled, and picked up her clipboard and pencil, tucking the utensil behind her ear. Hugging the board to her chest, she said, "Let's be off."
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 12:41 am

~ Justin Cage ~

Justin wrapped his arm around her waist, resting it on her hand holding the clipboard. "You still seem cold, and that's not exactly
a problem for me."
He said, winking at her as the started walking. "So tell me, where is it the great Daughter of Hermes comes from
exactly?"
He asked inquisitively. He thought where they would come from might be a good place to start, help get some background.
Back to top Go down
Bri
An Okay Side Effect
Bri

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 8:41 am

Rachel bit her lip. "Queens," she said, after hesitating. "How about you? That is, if you don't mind me asking..." She looked away, knowing she had probably stepped into dangerous territory. Many campers liked to keep their history to themselves, because of some painful past. She took back her question. "Never mind, don't answer that..."
Back to top Go down
FinDistant

FinDistant

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 13, 2012 7:22 pm

~ Justin Cage ~

"No, it's fine." he said, smiling lightly, his eyes off into the distance. "I'm from Maine." he lied, securing his age-old lie he
usually told people. He hated to lie to her, and he did like her a lot; but he just wasn't ready to talk about his brother...
"You know, you're very shy." Justin said
again, smiling over at her. He grabbed her hand lightly in his own, interlacing his fingers in hers. "And it's adorable."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)   A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A Cold Swim (Open To First Reply)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: