Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

there's only so much you can hide.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Brendan

Brendan

there's only so much you can hide. Empty
PostSubject: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:30 am

mischief always wins the war.

sup, i'm brendan. i go by bren, brendawg, brendan dog, pac, or sometimes even brenda (but if you call me that, i'm going to slaughter you). yeah, i know. my characters are crappy. you don't need to brag. i kinda write, code, and photoshop. i'm a busy guy, hope you're okay with that. shout out to diggy for letting me steal her brilliant layout.

Last edited by Brendan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:54 am; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:31 am

the characters

∙ adelina "addy" young

the relationships

∙ adelina is single

the face claims

adelina - cara delevigne

the anthems

∙ adelina young.

the works in progress

works is progress go here.

the threads

Last edited by Brendan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 pm; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 am

basic information

name:
Adelina Brielle Francesco-Young

nickname:
Addy, Ade, Addy-B

birthday:
November 12, 1996

birthplace:
Anchorage, Alaska

hometown:
Sicily, Italy & Brooklyn, New York

ethnicity:
Italian-American

Model

demigod information

god parent:
Penthus, spirit of grief, mourning, and lamentation

claimed or not:
Claimed

year-round or summer:
Year-Round

years at camp:
Two years

weapon/s:
From farther distances, Adelina prefers to utilize Celestial bronze shurikens that she keeps in a pouch on the waistband of her jeans. Meanwhile, when up-close with a monsters, she’d use her Celestial bronze seven-inch Fairbairn-Sykes dagger.

abilities:
Induced Fear
- Adelina radiates fear and sorrow.
Mild Umbrakinesis
- Adelina has the ability to manipulate darkness and shadows for various uses.
Sensitivity to Death
- Since her father is the spirit of mourning, Adelina has the ability to sense death as it happens nearby or when a life-threatening source of danger is near.

disabilities:
ADHD
- Just like any other demigod, Adelina has ADHD, which allows her to posses supernatural battle reflexes and senses.
Dyslexia
- Adelina’s brain is hardwired to read Ancient Greek, thus she has difficulty with reading modern languages.
Rarely Happy
- It is literally in her genes to be constantly in a good mood. This does not make her unable to be happy, instead she is hardly in a good mood. She even has a tendency to hide her emotions when she truly is cheerful.

mortal information

➢ mortal family:

Salvatore Francesco
- Also known as ‘Little Caesar’
- Father
- Capodecina of ‘Men of Mayhem’
- Salvatore, nicknamed Sammy, is the heir to one of the most prestigious mobs in Italy. Currently, his father, Giovanni, holds the title as the boss of Men in Mayhem, situated in Sicily, Italy. Sammy was granted the position of capodecina, the third-highest ranking in the mafia. Despite his high ranking in the gang, it was no doubt that he was probably the most immature one in the bunch. His pretentious, bad-boy ways were well known around town and he was rarely serious. Just a few months after his seventeenth birthday, Sammy and his uncle, Frank, were drafted to America to partake in some business. To Frank, it would be any other normal job, but to Sammy, it was the key to his future. His father told him that if he would be able to do the job successfully and according to plan, he would be given the opportunity to be the head of a branch of the mafia. This task turned Sammy Francesco from the playful Lothario to the Italian Donald Trump. Something that he truly wanted was to head Men of Mayhem someday and this could be his ticket to that title. Frank and Sammy travelled to America with the intent of eliminating a rival gang’s leader and fortunately, the job was done smoothly and was a success… until Sammy managed to screw up once again. While his uncle was cleaning up the remains with his crew, Sammy had a run-in with a beautiful, American girl. Her hair was a stringy blonde that resembled corn silk and eyes were a muted blue. He was attracted to her pouty lips that seemed like it hasn’t put on a smile in forever. His eyes met hers and it was like they were having a conversation. Something that he was aware of was that she knew what he had just done. “It’s not what you think,” he began to explain, but the girl put up a hand and signaled him to stop speaking. She only spoke two words to him, but it was definitely the start of something new. “I understand.”

Sammy took some time off the gang to stay in America. He begged his uncle to lie to his father and say that they had to extend the trip due to some unlikely encounters. Luckily for him, Frank complied. He courted the girl, who introduced herself as Oizys, before they got engaged. The wedding was supposed to be small, only inviting the closest of friends. And on the eve of their wedding, Oizys presented him with a baby. A baby!? Did that mean that she was cheating on him all this time? She didn’t even look pregnant to him, for crying out loud! But she quickly explained to him, telling him that she was a Greek goddess. At first he thought that it was some kind of joke, but with the proof she presented, he had nothing else to do but be faced with reality. He was an eighteen year-old father to a half-god daughter.
He didn’t explain things to Frank for his situation would be even more complex. Instead, he asked him for a favor: to tell his father that the child was his. His uncle wouldn’t comply at first, but he saw how much his nephew wanted to be promoted to capodecina so much and agreed. They returned home with the child, whom Sammy named Adelina Brielle Francesco and until this day, Giovanni Francesco is yet to learn that the baby that his brother came home with is, in fact, his granddaughter.

➢ Brief History

Despite being born in America, Adelina has no memory of her childhood spent there. Raised in the breathtaking town of Siciliy, Italy, she was raised like a normal Italian girl… except for the fact that she was the daughter of a man involved in a gang. Bodyguards accompanied her everywhere she went. Her father, Frank, told her that it was for the best. The girl was too young to understand the kind of business her dad was into. She suspected that it was some winemaking industry because they had a vineyard as a backyard of their Italian villa. Whenever she’d ask him or her Uncle Sammy, they’d always shake their head, then ruffle her hair before turning to leave, muttering, “Maybe when you’re older, figlia.”

She and her Uncle Sammy had a close relationship, even closer than the bond she shared with her own father. He was always there for her when her own dad wasn’t: all the piano recitals, when she had an asthma attack and had to stay at the hospital overnight. It wasn’t daddy dearest by her side.

Adelina learned how to deal with being left alone. She kind of enjoyed it, actually. While all the other girls in kindergarten would play tag together, she’d find contentment in staying on the swings alone with a book on her lap. She had difficulty reading, but she preferred struggling to read than hanging out with her classmates.

Finally, her father seemed to notice this strange behavior. One night when thirteen year old Addy was supposed to be sleeping, she overhead her father and her uncle speaking in the study.

“I’m telling you, nipote. That girl’s not normal. Whenever I’m around her, it feels like all happiness inside of me is drained out. It’s like… I feel nothing but miserable when I’m around her. Is there something you’re not telling me, Sammy?”

Hearing her father say those words was like a slap to her face. Her eyes glazed over as tears threatened to roll down her cheeks. She told herself to go, run away. Even her own father didn’t want her. No matter what she did, it was like her feet were planted in the ground. She was frozen, forced to hear all the bad stuff being said about her by her own father.

“I don’t have anything to hide, Frank.”

“It has something to do with her mother, I bet. That girl was shady. Always so unhappy. How could you have a child with her?”

Adelina was taken aback. Uncle Sammy looked too young to have a child. She didn’t even know that he was in a relationship with someone. Then again, there was a lot of things she didn’t know about her family.

“Don’t talk about her like that. You don’t know her. You never saw her the way I did.”

“I don’t know her? What I do know is that you had a child with her and she left you. Left you with this… diablo! Which you forced me to take in as my own daughter.”

“Don’t talk about Addy that way! I had to do what I needed to. How would my father react when he found out that Adelina was my daughter, not yours? What would he do when he realized that I got a girl pregnant when I was eighteen?”

Adelina gasped audibly, the words dying out from Uncle—Dad’s mouth. She urged herself to make a run for it. Her life was scattered at the moment. And to the young girl, there was only one answer: escape.

She stole some money from her ex-father’s bank account and borrowed the family’s private jet. She needed to get out. Out of Italy. Out of her family’s sight. But where would she go? When the Mac, the pilot who was already a close friend of hers, asked where they were headed, she said the one place she dreamed of most. New York city.

Life in New York wasn’t easy for the thirteen year old. She rented out a small place in Brooklyn and ate cheap take-out almost everyday. She even got a part-time job as a babysitter for some of the rich families in Manhattan. But just like Frank had said, she was full of misery.

One faithful afternoon while she was on the subway to yet another family’s loft, a woman approached her. Her pressed bloused and neatly trimmed hair reflected the kind of woman she was: rich and professional. But what would she want from a skinny thirteen year old? The woman smiled and handed her a business card. “You’ve got a good look, kid. Call me if ever you consider modeling.”

Adelina never pictured herself as a model. She always imagined models as pretty, twenty-something year olds who lived a luxurious life. She wasn’t going to take any chances and the next day, she found a payphone and called the agency and got an appointment, introducing herself as Adelina Young. She met with the agency and was signed on the spot. They gave her a proper manager, a young boy named Kieran Cooper. Addy took America by storm, appearing in various ads. Money was no longer a problem for her, but she knew she would’ve earned more if she participated in Milan Fashion Week. She refused to go to Italy, afraid that her father would find her and demand for her to go back home. She was enjoying her life as a model, living with Kieran, who has become a big brother figure and dining at fancy restaurants and wearing designer clothes.

Apparently, her dream came to a sudden stop when she turned fourteen. Kieran brought the news that she was being dropped by the agency. It was almost as bad as hearing Frank talk badly about her. She started to cry, wondering how she’d find a source of income now. Kieran told her not to worry. There was another place where she could go. A place where she’d fit it. A place called Camp Half-Blood.

physical appearance

Something surprising to Sammy Francesco was that how his daughter appeared to be Oizy’s doppelganger. Her blonde hair was perpetually straight and her eyes were the same shade of a bluish-grey. Hell, even her lips were even the same pouty shape! She looks nothing like her Italian father, surprisingly, which was why it was easy for him to lie about her parentage. She’s also unusually tall for her age, standing at 5’8. She’s extremely skinny, lacking curves. It even led her to being mistaken as a boy whenever she’d dress in a pair of baggy jeans and a hoodie.

Adelina’s trademark would have to be the dark eyeliner that constantly rimmed her eyes, making it seem more dramatic that it really is. Long eyelashes frame her eyes, a feature that she is constantly complimented on. Her fashion sense isn’t distinct, but there always has to be an edgy feel to it.

personality

Adelina has no emotions. Well, kind of. The sixteen year old’s face is always a mask of a nonchalant expression. Her lips seem to be frozen in a pout, only cracking a smile here and there. She’s a hard person to read, nothing like an open book. She doesn’t really know how to have a good time, so don’t depend on her for party planning.

She prefers to stay quiet, only saying relevant things that contribute a lot to the conversation. She doesn’t really like saying useless things. A waste of energy, she’d say. All the times she’d spend staying silent has made her into an analytical and logical person. There’s always something running through her mind, whether it’s the easiest procedure to commit suicide or calculating the amount of dead people for every living human (fourteen dead people for every living person, if you didn’t know).

Something that isn’t widely known about her is that she suffers with MDD. It isn’t that surprising, judging by her gene pool. Her depression has caused her to slit her wrists almost daily and think about death… a lot. Maybe once in a while, she’d let a smile peek through. But she still hasn’t met that one friend who’d make it stay permanently on her lips.

fatal flaw:
Adelina tends to hold grudges against people who have betrayed her trust.

- Reading graphic novels (Much less words to read!)
- Modeling
- Listening to emo music
- Playing the guitar
- Writing poetry

dislikes:
- Italy
- Cheerleaders
- Anything Disney
- Her family
- Gravy

Last edited by Brendan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:18 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:32 am

basic information

name:
Finn

nickname:
text here

birthday:
text here

birthplace:
text here

hometown:
text here

ethnicity:
text here

text here

demigod information

god parent:
text here

claimed or not:
text here

year-round or summer:
text here

years at camp:
text here

weapon/s:
text here

abilities:
text here
- text here
text here
- text here
text here
- text here

disabilities:
ADHD
- Just like any other demigod, Finn has ADHD, which allows him to posses supernatural battle reflexes and senses.
Dyslexia
- Finn’s brain is hardwired to read Ancient Greek, thus he has difficulty with reading modern languages.
text here
- text here

mortal information

➢ mortal family:

text here
- text here
- text here
- text here
- text here
- text here

➢ Brief History

text here

physical appearance

text here

personality

text here

fatal flaw:
text here

- text here
- text here
- text here
- text here

dislikes:
- text here
- text here
- text here
- text here
- text here

Last edited by Brendan on Thu Nov 01, 2012 9:37 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

Last edited by Brendan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 am

Last edited by Brendan on Tue Oct 30, 2012 12:13 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:33 am

Character goes here, blah, blah.

Last edited by Brendan on Sun Oct 28, 2012 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 4:34 am

Extra character goes here, blah, blah.

Last edited by Brendan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Possible canon character goes here, blah, blah.

Last edited by Brendan on Mon Oct 29, 2012 10:59 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Brendan

Brendan

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 9:56 pm

Inactive characters go here, blah, blah.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:25 pm

accepted!
I love you. She's perf.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: there's only so much you can hide.   there's only so much you can hide. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

there's only so much you can hide.
Page 1 of 1