Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

[Private] Why am I here?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

[Private] Why am I here? Empty
PostSubject: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:37 pm

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
Julius Caesar by William Shakespeare: Act I. Scene II.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
[Private] Why am I here? Irisandrews_zps4a5f1096
Iris wasn't sure why she was participating in Oktoberfest of all events. Halloween was far from her favourite holiday, and she didn't understand what they were doing having fun when they were in the middle of a war. It was one of the most ridiculous notions Iris had ever heard, and yet, here she was, sitting on the banks of the haunted river. She had amassed a small pile of pebbles and was periodically skipping them across the stream.

As she had expected, the Aphrodite campers had gotten roped into running the kissing booth. Of course they had. Naturally, because they were children of the love goddess, they must enjoy making out with complete strangers. Iris wasn't too thrilled about the station - it wasn't even for charity or anything. She had sneaked away as soon as she could. Thankfully, she had stumbled across the haunted river which was mostly deserted.
Digging through her bag for some sort of sketchbook, she instead found the bag of candy corn that she had hastily bought at snack shack earlier. Iris stared at the bad for a good five minutes before she shoved it deeper into her bag. Sighing, she resumed skipping her stones. She hated October.

so this is the end of the story / everything we had, everything we did / is buried in dust
eyes wide open (gotye)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:33 pm

[Private] Why am I here? WVnq8
mari daryl willow * aphrodite * eighteen

Daryl was lost. She found herself in a creepy-looking river, with dark water bubbling as it flowed. Daryl immediately cringed away from the shore and nearly broke her stilletos. She squinted in the darkness, letting her eyes adjust. When she did, she had to clamp her mouth to not scream, but not from the horrific scene that was supposed to hit her. It was because the place unnaturally... dirty. She looked at her feet and found that she was standing on a green smudge thing. "Yuck!" Daryl screamed and stumbled into a tree. She caught herself using the tree as support, but in turn had gotten her hands full of sap.

This is so not going well.

As Daryl swatted the sap from her hands, her panicked ears heard a noise. Daryl didn't know if it was supposed to be a monster or a fellow camper, but she hurried to it excitedly. When the noise-maker came into view, Daryl raised an eyebrow.

"Iris," she recognized her sister. "What are you doing? Aren't you supposed to be on the booth?" Daryl had never talked to Iris before. She'd been intimidating and not at all like a child of Aphrodite. Daryl thought of her as a stranger all these times. She put her hand on her waist in irritation, like models did, and in turn sapping her outfit. "Ah! Oh gods, no!" She fished her handkerchief from her jean pockets and cleaned her hands from sap.

Last edited by spooky-chii on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:02 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:57 pm

"The fault, dear Brutus, is not in our stars, But in ourselves, that we are underlings."
Iris could have sworn that she had heard someone scream but that wasn't unexpected with all the scaring going on everywhere. Still, she felt like the screamer was uncomfortably close to her location. She was debating looking for a new location just in case when someone called her name. She irritatedly looked up and found one of her sisters standing in from of her, looking slightly ruffled.

"Daryl." Iris greeted, voice sickly sweet. "I figured that my presence at the booth wouldn't be missed. It's not as if we're the hottest spot in Oktoberfest." She replied breezily, taking a moment to enjoy her sister's obvious distress. "Aw," She cooed. "It looks like you might have ruined your clothes. I wonder if that'll wash out." She said with patronizing sympathy. Regularly, Iris would have stood up at this point but she knew that Daryl was the slightest bit taller than her and she didn't want to cause any smugness that may originate from the knowledge of that extra inch.

Despite living in the same cabin as her, Iris didn't know very much about Daryl at all. It wasn't as if she really needed to. She rarely liked anyone that she met and getting to know them just ended up being a waste of time. Not to mention, Iris wasn't exactly the greatest friend to have, 99.99% of the campers didn't try to be friendly - although she didn't really mind.
"I think the better question is what are you doing here?" She asked, smiling derisively. "Unless you're actually the kind of person who enjoys walking around places with hidden moss patches which may cause you to fall into the 'haunted' stream." Iris said, inspecting one of her finger nails.

so this is the end of the story / everything we had, everything we did / is buried in dust
eyes wide open (gotye)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 9:09 pm

Daryl smiled nonchalantly as she threw the handkerchief away. She decided to let that first comment about the booth thing pass. On the comment about her dress, Daryl grimaced and checked her shirt. "Of course it will," Daryl replied quickly in a short burst of annoyance. She detected sympathy in Iris's voice, which she assumed was fake. "Would you like to volunteer doing it?" she asked rhetorically.

Daryl had been bracing herself for the next question. She knew that was coming, and she wasn't about to told her sister the truth--she was lost. Instead of panicking, Daryl shrugged. "It wasn't right to let this party pass without me participating in it. Unfortunately--" Daryl looked pointedly at Iris "--these people did not know what a proper party looks like. It absolutely did not include haunted creeps, dear sister. I don't know why they called it Octoberfest were it wasn't a usual festival at all." Daryl rolled her eyes, acting.

She probably should be light on Iris. She was her sister, and this is the only time that she gets a conversation with her. And, Daryl wouldn't admit, she needed Iris now to get out of the place. She didn't know a thing about the camp forests. Part of her thought, If you want that, you probably should be nice to her. But it wasn't on Daryl's nature to beg. She swatted a mosquito off her face. "Ugh. How can you stand it here?!" she groaned.

Last edited by spooky-chii on Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:58 pm

"Whatever you say, dear sister." Iris said the words 'dear sister' in the way that someone from the 1500s might say the word 'leper'. She kept her smile firmly pasted on her face. Oh, Dary, while you know how much I enjoy doing common household chores, I do believe you stained your shirt yourself and therefore, ought to clean it yourself." She clucked her tongue and shook her head. "You might want to run along right now and do that now, you don't know what will happen to that dress if you leave whatever that is on it for too long." Iris heavily hinted at the fact that she wanted Daryl to leave. Besides, she really did think it might stain or harden if left for too long.

She listened as Daryl talked about proper parties, but her expression didn't change too much. "They called it Oktoberfest because most people only think of the word Halloween when they hear the word October. And Halloween isn't exactly the most warm and fuzzy holiday there is." Iris said, fingering the hem of her burgundy knit sweater. Oh, how Iris had missed autumn. Warm weather just wasn't as comfortable to Iris, especially when she had those horrible marks on her arms and legs. The permanent marks on her body that would remind her of what she used to look like. As if Iris didn't have a hard time forgetting it as it was.

Watching amusedly as Daryl batted at a bug, Iris pursed her lips and resumed skipping stones off the surface of the haunted river. Although she could barely see the stones through the mist, she listened carefully the soft splashes until she didn't hear any more splashes. "I came here because I wanted to be alone." She glanced at Daryl, hardly masking the fact that she was not pleased with the other girl's presence any more. "Although I highly doubt that's the reason why you came here. What? Did you get stood up by a boy?" Her tone turned mocking and her smile twisted to be slightly more unpleasant.

eyes wide open (gotye)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:34 pm

Daryl was still freaking out over her sapped dress. It didn't help that Iris had shot back an answer over a rhetorical question. She glanced at her irritably. "Well, it wasn't my fault. Not entirely mine. It's this forest!" she complained as she flipped her hair back. It was dawning on her that Iris wanted her to leave, and she wasn't about to do that without her. "I won't worry about dresses. I'm sure it will hold for... a few more minutes."

Daryl half-smirked. Iris's words were ridiculous on her ears. "Even though that's that," she argued. "The whole October isn't for Halloween alone. If I'm thinking of an Octoberfest, I'll think of fireworks and fun and not these. Maybe a little wine, or some drunk men, but not these." She averted her eyes, bored. This was getting nowhere. She had to find a way, somehow to convince Iris to go back to camp, and let her trail behind. She squinted in the dark, murky forest. As her violet eyes adjusted, a vague image of a boat reached her. Daryl frowned. She stared at it hard as Iris spoke, and an image of Charon--as in Charon--reverberated in her eyes.

She yelped and pointed faintly at the image. "Is that Charon the Charon, or just a decoy?" she demanded. "Alone?" Daryl repeated hardly. "You wanted to be alone. Alone with that thing watching you? That is seriously creepy." She sidestepped slightly, leaning away from the image. She cringed when Daryl interrogated her about boys, and why is Daryl here.

"A boy. Seriously, no," she answered quickly, making a face. "Who would want to meet up in this kind of place? It's not romantic in any way." She gestured at the surroundings casually, secretly hoping that Iris won't notice that she hadn't answered the big question.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:47 pm

Iris sighed, almost resigned to the fact that Daryl just would not leave. "You just touched a bunch of things and didn't expect random stuff to stick to your hands?" She asked, narrowing her eyes. "Gee, that a fantastic idea when you're walking through a haunted forest!" She gushed sarcastically.

Finally, she picked up on the fact that Daryl's reluctance to leave probably stemmed from something other than a desire to ruin Iris' alone time. She raised an eyebrow and suppressed the urge to burst into laughter. "Oh, I see, you're scared to walk back through the forest to get out of this place, aren't you?" She guessed with a sneer.
Ignoring the rest of what Daryl said about October, Iris stood up, fairly confident that her guess was correct. "Very well, sister, I will walk with you through the forest. Unless you're too proud to come with me, then by all means stay here by yourself." She glanced over uninterestedly at the figure that Daryl pointed at. Pursing her lips, she placed a hand on her hip. "It was very peaceful until about five minutes ago." She stated and then rolled her eyes. "I highly doubt that is the real Charon, Daryl. I don't think Hades would lend him to us just for a little Halloween event." She said.

She stared at her sister. "For the same reason that couples go to watch horror movies together." She answered simply. She nodded exasperatedly in the direction of the forest. "Now, are you coming or not? Because I'm just going to leave anyway if you're not and then you can have your alone time with 'Charon.'" Iris said, crossing her arms.

eyes wide open (gotye)
Back to top Go down
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:55 am

Daryl raised her eyebrows. "I didn't," he said stubbornly. She dropped her gaze to the damp, forest floor, not saying more. This might be the right time to lighten up. She wanted to, and needed to get out of this creep. On the next comment, she almost yelled, but clamped her mouth shut. However, she grumbled, "Oh, stop guessing, Iris. You're guessing wrong." She glanced at Iris, irritated. She wasn't making this any easier for her.

Daryl was literally panicking inside. Her dress won't be holding the stain for any longer, she was sure. Fortunately, Iris provided the escape she needed. Daryl exhaled for obvious relief. She did not reply, but did glanced over at the creepy Charon. Well, that made sense. But still, who would blame her over asking? That decoy was almost real. If some Hecate child put magic over it... Daryl shuddered. She had to bite her lip. "Proud," she snorted. Daryl won't deny that she might be proud at some time.

Now Daryl had to comment fully. "At least on malls they got air conditioning, and proper seats and no underworld boat man decoys. It's decent, even if the movie isn't. And there are many people. It's not the same reason." She shrugged, and held up her hand. "I'll come, I'll come. Happy?" she asked rhetorically. She fished another handkerchief from her pocket. Well, she had a stock. She scooted away from the gurgling river, carefully watching her steps and she kept her hands close to her. She didn't want another random sap sticking to her.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 11:02 pm

Iris' eyes flashed and she re-assumed her previous false smile. "My sincerest apologies, dear sister." She gave a slight bow, voice heavy with sarcasm. "Although you did leave me no choice other than guessing, considering the fact that you kept dodging my question." She said casually, holding up her hands in a placating manner before Daryl could say anything else. "I won't bother you about it any more, don't worry." She threw another stone into the river, this time not even bothering to try and skip it. All she had wanted had been some time to herself, and instead, she had gotten warm and fuzzy family time with her sister - which was definitely one of the possibilities that Iris hadn't even been considering.

Raising an eyebrow, a small chuckle escaped her. "I do this for you and yet you ask if I'm happy." She said, brushing some dried, crumbled leaves from her jeans. She gave a little shake with her head and paused for a moment, as if she were about to say something. Thinking better of it, she abruptly turned into the woods glanced behind her quickly. "Make sure to keep up, Dary. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep tabs on you." She smiled. "There are a few nasty surprises and obstacles in the forest, after all." Iris said airily. With this, she turned and nimbly stepped between two trees, at the last second, noticing a root and just barely avoiding it. Okay, maybe she was fairly light footed but even the light footed were found to trip some time in the forest - especially with the lighting. Iris could only hope that she would be quick enough to stay on her feet and not fall on her face.

She squinted her eyes a bit and then ducked around another tree. She doubted there would be too many spooky things in their way, they weren't quite in that part of the forest. She had said what she had said earlier mainly to psych out her sister. At the thought of her sister - and in spite of what she had said earlier about not keeping tabs on her - she glanced back in order to confirm that Daryl was indeed following her alright. Hey, if her sister got lost in the forest and Iris ended up being the last to have seen her, it would be on her, and she wasn't interested in getting into trouble.
"I know I said I wouldn't bug you about it but of curiosity, why did you choose to go exploring the forest on your own, anyway?" A furrow formed between her brows. "Is something wrong?" She almost sounded concerned. But she didn't mind it - siblings were... different. They were family, and although she honestly couldn't care less about her mother, she did care about her half-siblings. Sometimes.

(( I'm very sorry about the late reply! :P And I love your signature! It's really cute. xD ))
eyes wide open (gotye)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Private] Why am I here?   [Private] Why am I here? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Private] Why am I here?
Page 1 of 1