Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I just need a breather // Saph

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

I just need a breather // Saph Empty
PostSubject: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 9:29 am

Adelaide slammed the door to her cabin and made her way far, far away from her siblings and everyone else. It was frustrating, and her siblings obviously didn't understand the situation they were in right now. They could only quarrel on and on. It was getting more than just irritating. On top of that, she hadn't had more than 3 hours in the past few days. It was ridiculous. She was human too, an obviously needed her own time to herself. If only Alec was here... Adelaide plopped down against Thalia's tree. Speaking of Alec, she had yet to decide what she felt about Alex, the guy was nice, but he was exactly like Alec. She didn't know whether it was even allowed or not. 

She wondered if Alec knew about Alex. They were obviously twins, meaning Alex would be her... There wasn't a term for it, it was a bit weird for her. Only Alex didn't realise it. He would just smile and listen to her talk, his eyes sparkling. He seemed like a shy kid, the complete opposite of Alec in personality. She looked up at the sky, wishing that it rained more often at camp, she liked the rain. Even if it was water. Adelaide wished Alec was here, he would know what to say to make her feel much better about herself. If only he was here to help her calm down... If only she could smell his aftershave...

Adelaide took a deep breath, eyes darting around. Her head hurt from the lack of sleep and the fact that she needed to take a break without worrying about her cabin. She honestly wanted to resign, but she had made a promise. Besides, there was nobody other than Flann to take the position as cabin leader, but he wasn't comfortable with leading himself. Adelaide ran a finger through her hair, sighing. She didn't know what to do now. She didn't want to trouble the Hephaestus kids too much, but she might have to ask them for some major help. Asking didn't guarantee anything either. So she was stuck in between pretty much everything, right.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:13 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

It was a very unproductive day, or so Jonathan thought. There was absolutely nothing to do. Heck, he had inspected Cabin 10 for like five times now out of sheer boredom. Go get a life, Athan, he thought to himself with a soft groan after he finished making his bed for the nth time (he actually took to messing it up and fixing it again and again just for something to do). Slipping on the orange Camp Half Blood shirt, Jonathan stumbled out of the Aphrodite cabin and into the sunlight. And that was when he saw Adelaide storm out of the Zeus cabin in sheer frustration.

Remembering how Adelaide looked in the last cabin leader meeting, the son of Aphrodite watched her walk away for a few moments before following. His lips twisted into a small frown. He never liked seeing others get upset, and as much as possible, he wanted to at least cheer them up. It was his nature, and there was no changing it even if others found it nosy and irritating. Heck, if some total stranger broke down in the middle of a sidewalk in New York, Jonathan wouldn't think twice to offer a hand. After all, he just wanted to help in even the littlest ways... was that really so bad?

Panting, Jonathan finally arrived at the top of the hill, just in front of Thalia's Pine. The sight of Adelaide leaning against the tree with her eyes darting around suddenly made him nervous. Some people can get real terrifying when they're angry, and taking into account that Adelaide was a daughter of Zeus, Jonathan could only hope that she could keep her emotions in check and not zap him in blind rage.

Hoping for the best, Jonathan put on a smile and nodded at the Zeus cabin leader. "Hey there. Just... just thought I'd say hi. And, um, mind if I join you?" Jonathan paused, watching her carefully before adding, "You look like you could use someone to talk to."
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 10:31 am

Adelaide looked up to Jonathan towering above her and asking to sit down. "Uh yeah, sure." she said, scooting over to make room for him to sit. It was warm for a day like this, but it was probably because the weather was controlled at camp. Adelaide sighed. "It's so frustrating sometimes. I don't know whether to ask Hephaestus kids for help or to build it ourselves, plus my siblings are always fighting and it's getting very annoying. We also have the problem of money and budget." she told him quickly, letting out some of her frustrations. 

It was quite relieving, but she found it difficult to express herself correctly. Adelaide furrowed her eyebrows as if she was in deep thought. (She kind of was.) She wanted to rampage and stomp her feet around like a young child, but she knew that would solve nothing, and she needed to contain herself when it came to planning. She wanted to rip her hair out, and she noticed that rain clouds were hovering past the boundaries of camp. Adelaide took a few deep breaths, calming herself to prevent another storm from erupting. It was very easy for her to loose control, and she didn't have full control over them. It didn't help that she was an emotional person either. 

Speaking of being emotional, Adelaide felt like crying, but that would earn her some weird glances. She knew she was quite terrifying at times, but didn't realise it till then. "Oh... I'm sorry." she told him. Adelaide was like a young child, one who didn't get a chance to grow up and experience stuff everyone else did, but she still doesn't have the chance to grow up at camp. She was a cabin leader, she was expected to be better and more responsible than everyone else. It frustrated her even more, but it was fun... Sometimes... At first... It wasn't really fun anymore. She didn't find it enjoyable to lead.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 11:28 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

After mumbling a soft 'thanks', Jonathan plopped down on the grass beside Adelaide. He was slightly surprised when the girl easily let out a little of her frustrations, but he wasn't complaining. After all, it was the reason why he followed her in the first place: to offer his listening services. You didn't need to say anything, you didn't need to give advice. All you had to do was lend a good pair of ears and sometimes, that alone made all the difference.

Adelaide's condition was worse off than he originally thought. Jonathan couldn't help but feel sorry for her, and he was pretty careful not to show that. "The Titan lord can really be a pain in the neck, huh?" he sighed. Maybe if Kronos hadn't made the vengeful decision to overthrow Olympus, none of them would be in this mess. Adelaide wouldn't have to worry about fixing up Cabin One. She wouldn't have to worry about her siblings fighting all the time. Her boyfriend wouldn't have died, and Alec would have been in Jonathan's place at that moment. Then Adelaide wouldn't have to be all teary-eyed and frustrated with the way things were going. She would just be that carefree cabin leader that didn't need to carry the burden of all these problems.

The world of what if's, Jonathan thought bitterly. It was a world he was familiar with. In fact, it was the kind of world he had lived in and still lives in, however much he tried to deny it.

Jonathan noticed how the environment sort of dimmed and looked up, only to see the rain clouds gathering outside the camp. He barely suppressed a gulp. "It's okay," Jonathan quickly said. "It's better to let everything out. Can't keep those emotions bottled up in you forever, right?" Leaning back with his hands planted on the grass, Jonathan looked over at the girl and grinned. "Don't hold back. You can trust me."
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 11:23 am

Adelaide looked down to the ground and played with the grass. "Alec died. He died right there. Right in front of me." she said, looking up at the spot that brought back painful memories. "My flashbacks become more terrifying every day. I can't remember anything before the time I came to camp. Plus Alec had a twin that popped up, and he's so extremely nice. I can't bear to tell him that his twin died." she paused, looking over at Jonathan. Her eyes were teary, "I don't know what to do. He doesn't even know Alec existed. I wanna go up to him and tell him everything, but I'm afraid it would scare him." she told the son of Aphrodite. 

Adelaide sniffled, wiping away a few tears. She wasn't good at bottling up her emotions, and easily let them out. She sighed and chuckled emotionlessly. "I can't even sneak off into the city. If I get caught, social services will take me back. I'm still 17. I don't know what to do. I just... I wish he was here." she said, but whispered the last part. It wasn't pleasant for her at all. She still hadn't found out who the people in her flashbacks were, Cameron left camp, Alec died, Alex is clueless, Morgan died, and she hadn't seen Will in a while. Her siblings were fighting over sleeping arrangements, toothbrushes, drachmas, everything. She was not architect either. She had some help from a Athena kid named Jess, but that was it. She didn't want to bother the others. 

Adelaide sighed. A pot of people were going through tougher times, but she just had to let it all out. "Half my cabin is in rubble, too." she added quietly, looking at Jonathan for advice. She needed help, and now was her chance. Especially because she was always too chicken to ask the other cabin leaders for help. She hated burdening people with her problems, it just didn't seem right to her. Then again, many things didn't seem right to her. She didn't care though, she was sure other cabins needed repairing and she wasn't the only one who needed help.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

PostSubject: Re: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2012 12:22 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Alec, so that was his name. Jonathan had heard about the incident through the grapevine, that the Zeus cabin leader's boyfriend was one of the casualties in the last battle. He didn't have to ask to know how she felt. But then, he knew he couldn't completely understand either. Jonathan had been hurt before, but death was a very different story. It was another thing to know that you wouldn't be able to see the other person again, or at least have the promise of knowing that she was happy. Plus, there was also this twin issue in Adelaide's case. How can the Fates be so cruel to subject her to a loved one's death and on top of that, bring into the picture a long-lost twin? It was sick. But that wasn't the sort of thing to tell a person who was already dangerously close to tears.

"Do you think he should know about Alec?" Jonathan asked softly. He wasn't going to offer any piece of advice in that matter. He knew that you shouldn't take the advice of people who hadn't experienced what you've been through. This was the best way, he thought, helping Adelaide get in touch with the right course of action on her own.

Jonathan sighed and started to pull some blades of grass out of the ground, crumpling them in his palm before letting the wind carry them away. He glanced over at the girl, reading it from her eyes. She wanted help. No, she needed help. "Do you want me to bring it up with the other cabin leaders? Like Faye; her cabin is a whiz in architecture. Or Grayson, I'm sure he'd be able to do something too."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I just need a breather // Saph   I just need a breather // Saph I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I just need a breather // Saph
Page 1 of 1