Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) Empty
PostSubject: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 11:21 pm

6:00 on a saterday night and you would expect more people to have a go at the corn maze; however, most senseable people did that during bright suny days to keep away from the frights lurking at night. Of course others were out here ether lost from earlier, or simply looking for a thrill. Among these was a girl wearing dark blue jeans a black leather jacket, coupled with a pair boots and a scarf the girl didn't appear to be in a rush or.worried as she walked towards the corn field. With deep breath of chilly October air she stepped into the maze.

Of course inside the maze was two choices to enter into. Both had exits, one was however much shorter if completed correctedlty. Naturally Colby didn't care to know and simply hung a right heading deeper into the maze as the sun started to set early. Perfect. The incoming darkness would be no problem and a nice adventure was all she needed. Although knowing the dark haired girl wouldn't turn down more warmtg. She never did plan to far ahead.
Back to top Go down
https://twitter.com/ColberstheSheep
Crispy Bacon
THE YODELMEISTER'S APPRENTICE
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:35 pm

"To be, or not to be, that is the question."
Hamlet by William Shakespeare: Act III. Scene I.
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) Aceashfield_zps1503b813
Ace cursed under his breath and heatedly glared at the rows upon rows of corn surrounding him. He had been in this infernal maze for at least thirty minutes and he had not gotten out yet. Of course, he knew the trick where you just kept a hand along the right side of the maze, but he didn't want to just win the maze, he wanted to beat it. Although at that point, the whole affair had been drained of its fun factor. He didn't know why he had come to the maze in the first place. How had he found the prospect of wandering aimlessly through a labyrinth of corn potentially entertaining was a mystery to him. Who even liked corn anyway?

What kind of person wanted to make a maze out of corn? Why couldn't they just use hedges or hay like any other person?
And as soon as Ace finished his inward rant, he found himself facing another dead end. "For the love of all that's holy..." He muttered to himself, scowling and kicking a pebble into the wall of corn. He glanced at his watched and found that it was 6:10. Great, now it was getting dark and that meant there would be all kinds of people trying to scare him at every turn he took. Heaving a sigh, he turned and continued on his way.

she puts the weights into my little heart / and she gets in my room and she takes it apart
obstacle 1 (interpol)

Last edited by Crispy Boocon on Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 8:58 pm

As mintues went by Colby could feel the drop in temperture and faintly hear the calls of people in the distences but being in the maze washed her with the feeling of seperation. Although the dry smell of corn caused her to sneeze once or twice it wasn't that difficult to movener deeper into the maze. At ponds point though there had been two dead ends in a row and she really considered hacking it down. She could hear the footsteps of someone near her. Maybe 15 or so feet to her right she thought looking at the wall of thick corn plants.

She couldn't tell yet what it was, maybe someone trying to sneak up and scare her, besides who'd be this close to the beginning still? Slidding her hands into her pockets Colby glanced at the maze wall once desideing to speak up. Just letting whoever know she could hear them. "Hello?" A cloud of steam from her breath followed her words and she inwardly scolded herself for sounding like a scene from a horror movesetup. 'Insteed of staying here', She thought,' I should get through here'.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 1:53 pm

What was that? Did someone just say something?
Ace wrinkled his nose and couldn't help but think that he had heard someone who sounded familiar. He craned his neck to hear if they would say something more and then proceeded to walk straight into a wall of corn. Swearing, he irritatedly tried to bat the damn plants away and, finally fed up with the maze, instead pushed them aside and stalked rather angrily through to the other side of the corn wall.

Only to find himself face-to-face with none other than Colby Fiser.
He wasn't sure what to say for a moment and only scratched his head. Then realizing he should definitely say something first, his ears flushed a light pink - which hopefully wasn't too noticeable in that lighting. Although, she was a child of Nyx. Ace really resented her parentage at times. "Hey Fiser," He managed, diverting his eyes. "I've.. kind of been in here for a long time." He furrowed his brows and then, of course, crossed his arms. "I hate mazes." He muttered to himself.

she puts the weights into my little heart / and she gets in my room and she takes it apart
obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 22, 2012 8:25 pm

Startled with the rustling corn Colby approached the corn stalks. Someone was deffintaly coming through the corn. Only inches away from wall she stepped backed just in time for a tall figure to burst through the dimly lite maze. Green eyes shot up to meet grey ones. A wave of familiarity and mild suprise captured her attetion. His delayed greeting was simple and customary. "Ashfield." Hearing he'd been wondering around didn't really surprise her. A humored smirk appeared as she reached up to pluck a leaf of his shoulder.

Playing with the long leaf Colby turned towards the clear path deeper into the maze. Looking back over at Ace she gestured around. "How did you end up in here then?" She asked curiously, but knowing him it was a spur of the moment action. She studied the surrounding area and the bent and broken stalks. "You also know the point is to work through the maze right?" With the colbalt sky crawling over the horizon she could understand the rush to get out of the maze. Even to her the walls of seven foot high plants and dimed lights made for an eerie setting. Though she knew it wasn't scary, it could be unnerving to some. With a teasing smile she looked back at Ace, "Not giving up yet are you?"
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 4:23 pm

Gods, seeing Colby again brought on an onslaught of memories. The last time he had seen her, he had been half out of his mind, constructing a pillow fort in the middle of her cabin and then proceeded to conk out. He had mercifully managed to wake up a few hours later and then crawled back to the Hades cabin without attracting too much attention. He should definitely make sure to get enough sleep. That had been the last time he'd seen her. Then, his sister had called and he had gone home for the next few months.

It was almost ironic, not being at a summer camp during the summer and then returning in the fall.

He was stirred out of his thoughts by Colby taking something from his shoulder. "Excuse me, did you just kidnap my corn leaf? I'll have you know that it was fairly content in my possession." He frowned. "I now feel... extraordinarily empty. I hope you are proud of yourself, young lady." He pressed a palm to his chest, in obvious mourning. Wobbling his head around to look at the areas she gestured to, he assumed a thoughtful expression. "To be honest, I'm not entirely sure." He admitted, looking around in a confused manner. "I assume that I expected it might be fun, to a degree, but now I realize that I was sorely mistaken." He said grimly.

When Colby asked if he was giving up, he looked back at her challengingly. "I'll have you know that I am the figure of macho bravado. Macho men never give up!" He glanced back at the wall of corn stalks he had burst through. "They're not above cheating though." He said, and then grinned that goofy grin that only really surfaced when she was around. He slipped an arm around her with the old ease, as if an entire summer hadn't passed since they'd last seen each other. "Onward!" He declared.

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 23, 2012 6:29 pm

Once Ace snapped into focus and began to mourn the loss of his foliage Colby stuck the plant in his face and tickled his face teasingly before dropping her arms to her side. "Empty? How could that be when I'm here?" She questioned with a false pout, but a smile over took it, "but yes I am proud of myself" Looking around the pathway of the mazes Colby and the route she has came from, skepitcal, "You probably should've realized that before you got hopelessly lost." Colby brushed her hair down feeling the lines where it started to braid. Putting her numb fingers back into her pocket.

The warmth from Ace's arm and the closeness was enough to draw tinges of pink to her pale cheeks. Soon they began to wonder down the dim path. Laughing at his statement she replied "That's your title now, Macho? Soon you'll claim yourself a prince." Colby felt more secure then before, even though she hadn't noticed the previous unease beforehand. Had Ace really been gone all summer? How right it felt now, slipping into place she could hardly believe it'd been long since they were together, and the fact he had been delirious from sleep depravation only made the thought humorous. Colby tried to think about her surroundings, listening to the sounds of dry grass scrap agaisnt each other in wind mixed with footsteps of spooks lurking through the grass gave the pathway ahead less and less charm. "I feel like this is the time a monster tries to jump out and scare passerbys." Colby stated looking ahead at the spilt in the maze. Judging each path she hung a right. Looking up at Ace she smiled deviously, "Don't worry, i'll protect you. I am rather intimdating so no problems."
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Ace scrunched up his nose a lot as Colby tickled his face, and once she stopped the assault, he sneezed a good two or three times. He looked at Colby in a sort of 'Oh no you didn't' kind of way for a moment. He then attacked her ribcage and sides before nonchalantly slipping his arm back around her shoulders. "Your presence does not make up for the lack of the leaf's." He sniffed dramatically. "Let's face it, Fiser, the leaf and I had a connection. It was the real deal between it and I. And now it's gone!" He pretended to sob dramatically and almost ran into another wall of corn.

"I would never want to be a prince." Ace stated, furrowing his eyebrows. "Way too much pressure. I think I would be that angsty, mysterious, and you know, extremely handsome man who's always coming and going from court." He nodded. Ace would never want to be royalty, anyway. Being in charge was probably satisfying, but was it worth all the pressure? He laughed when Colby said something about protecting him. "Oh, I'm so glad that you got here! I thought I would positively just die every time a monster jumped out at me!" He exclaimed, girlishly fanning his face and then pretending to swoon.

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2012 10:01 pm

As soon as Ace started to tickle her ribs and side Colby wrapped her arms protectively whiling squealing and laughing for him to stop. Even after he moved his arm back around her shoulder she let her arms stay there before deeming the threat gone. "Hmph. I guess you stuck with me then," Colby shrugged and reached an arm around his back somewhat stirring them away from the walls down a thinner path. "You just don't want to accept the fact my wonderful charm out does your plant and your jealous." Colby teased him before dropping her arm back to her side.

Colby could see that. Him being the one no one really knew. Being there, drawing attention but not the center off it. "Aren't those the ones who end up in trouble?" She asked feeling like that seemed to be theme. She always enjoyed being incontrol of herself and could handle others. But small amounts. "I could be, the troublemaker who broke rules for fun. Like Robin Hood, but prettier." She decided looking at the grass ahead. Smiling up at Ace she admited. "I'm glad you understand how much of a privilege it is, Ashfield." Colby snickered at his over dramtic actions, and reached her other arm up to pat the hand over her shoulder.

Looking back a head of her she could see the moon shining brighter in the final minutes of dusk. Colby was glad Fall was here, defintally her favorite season she could toralate the cool days and longer deeper nights were perfect. She couldn't miss the Summer if she tried. But she wondered, "So how was your summer?"
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 27, 2012 5:25 pm

Ace raised his eyebrows. "Your modesty - it is truly one of your more admirable traits." He commented, laughing. "Girls," Ace shook his head. "You always have to be better. Fine! I admit that you are better than the leaf. I am perfectly content with being stuck with you." He smiled. "I don't think I'm quite jealous though, I'm perfectly fine with you being wonderfully charming while my plant and I are gruff and awkward." Ace shrugged his shoulders. He glanced from side to side as Colby steered them through a smaller path. "Where are you taking me, Fiser?" He asked, furrowing his eyebrows. "Is this a top secret path that leads to a discrete but super cool location with discrete but super cool things?" His voice dropped to a secretive whisper.

He thought about her question for a moment and then shrugged. "Probably, but they usually get out of it." He said, grinning. Maybe he liked following the rules, but getting into trouble sometimes made life more exciting. He could imagine having a lifestyle where excitement had an active role. Even more excitement than the usual demigod got. Although, it was probably more trouble than it was worth. Maybe he would rather be a simple peasant instead. Hard work had a reputation for often being gratifying as well as humbling. "I don't know about that," He laughed. "Robin Hood was a pretty good looking guy, I think." He dropped his hand shortly after she patted it, instead catching her other hand and interwining their fingers. It was surprisingly easy, despite the height difference.

Exhaling, Ace ran his free hand through his disheveled hair and mussed it further. "It was okay." He hesitated and then sighed. "My dad had a heart attack the day after I texted Lacy - he's okay now. They wanted me to stay for the rest of the summer though, it had been so long since I'd seen them." His eyes had a faraway look to them for a second before he snapped out of it and looked guiltily at Colby. "Sorry, I should have at least called. I just wanted to be really careful. I didn't want them to have to worry about monsters in addition to my dad's health." A furrow formed between his brows. "Yeah, that's a lame excuse. Sorry I didn't call."

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 12:43 pm

Colby lrolled her eyes at Ace before stopping and leaving a playful and friendly peck on his cheek. "Nice to know that I'm tolerable." Then she resumed the previous position and continued through the maze. Her brief and impulsive actions left her with a warmer face. It was an odd choice in route, so dropping her voice to be equally as quite she whispered back her response, "Well, I don't really know what might be ahead, but it looked more interesting and complicated so it must be right." Colby moved side ways a bit as a large stalk jutted out in her way. "However if we do did a secretive decret place, that would be fine too.

Colby smiled "Maybe so." Feeling his arm move from her again and then hold onto her hand she smiled and responded by squeezing his hand back slightly. She looked a head of them as they walked. Despite the soreness poking her ankles occasionally Colby was still eager to continue exploring. Now the space was wide, a square like room that seemed to have for entrances including the one they were in. With a fleeting idea of which direction the end was located Colby glaced around a few times. "Which way do you think. North East or South?"

Colby looked down at the ground for a few moments. The silence heavy in her ears before she replied. "I sorry about your dad going through that." She told him before glancing up at Ace. "It's ok, you had more important things to do. Had family to be with." She knew he hadn't been with his family in years maybe, but he had them and that in her mind is not to be passed up. A cold wind blew over the stalks into their faces. Colby shrugged her jacket closer with one hand to keep in more heat.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 03, 2012 12:46 pm

Ace shrugged his shoulders. "Are you really going to let me choose the direction? You do realize that I have been in here for forty minutes, right? I highly doubt that is because of my amazing sense of direction." He replied, rolling his eyes at her jokingly. Noting her thin jacket and the fact that she seemed cold, he shrugged off his own bulkier one and carefully draped it across her shoulders over hers. It was easy enough, considering the fact that his torso was probably two times as large as hers."I don't mind cold weather." He said casually, giving her fingers a slight squeeze in reply.

"Yeah, my dad's fine now, thank the gods. We're still keeping an eye on him but he's eating a lot healthier now. Although he is complaining about all the fish." Ace laughed and mussed his hair. "I don't know I still feel bad about it." He frowned. "Would you like a piggy-back ride to make up for it?" He asked, raising an eyebrow.

Ace stood there slightly stunned for a good minute when she gave him a kiss on the cheek. "Miss Fiser," He began, a slightly mischievous smile slipping onto his face. "I do believe that was a rather weak example of a kiss." He said in a conversational tone. "Dare I say, I expected a little more from you." He shook his head in a mock-disappointed way. Then, quick as a wink, he leaned in and then placed a kiss on her lips. He lingered for a few moments before he leaned back a little bit and smiled goofily for a second, face flushed a bit. He laughed and quickly retreated a few steps back so she wouldn't try to hurt him. Although, he was fully aware of the fact that Colby could probably shadow travel and then punch him. Losing was something he didn't mind, if it was to Colby.

(( Is this their first kiss? Can't remember. e___e ))
obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 04, 2012 9:32 am

Colby smiled with a slight shrug. "Well your bound to be right at least once." She reasoned before accepting his jacket. Nessling deeper into the warm jacket she looked up at him with softer grin. "Thank you, but your sure you want get cold?" A trace of skeptism was in her voice. She was small and warm under Ace's jacket and looked so much different then the fierceness she could have. Gently elbowing him in the ribs for direct attention Colby teasingly asked, "What happened to that sucluded boy, The one who practically decided he'd be a recluse?"

Giving him a questioning look and shook her head. "No. I'll save offer for later." A small sigh and more words, "Ace, it's fine you aren't obliged to call me, you were with family thats more important." She cut her eyes to him, "but if you disappear again without warning. I won't be pleased." She had missed him over the sum Razz mer but decided he was fine and probably went home for a bit considering previous events. And even though she admits to checking her phone once or twice she didn't expect much.

It was quick, one second he was teasing the next he was kissing her. It didn't take long for her to respond but he pulled back and retreated a few feet. A smile crossed her lips. Its a game, she reasoned, he's not serious. "Not bad Ashfield, buts lets go." She held out her hand to continue on through the maze.

It is and she doesnt even register it more then joking.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 06, 2012 9:09 pm

Ace shook his head vehemently. "All due respect, Fiser, but I sincerely doubt that. He disagreed, grinning wryly. "It's okay, though, my horrible decision-making did, after all, result in us meeting tonight." He plucked another leaf from a nearby corn stalk, slowly rotating it in his free hand before dropping it again. He shrugged it off when she asked if he would get cold. "Nah, it's no big deal. Contrary to popular belief, I am a mammal and therefore, warm-blooded." He said, one of his old glares resurfacing when Colby started to tease him. "Don't make me regret giving you my jacket now, Fiser." He elbowed her back.

He returned her "You're weird" look. "Alright, but if you're just doing this so you can someday jump on my back when I'm not expecting it, bad things will undoubtedly happen." He warned.
Although she told him that he hadn't had to call, he still couldn't shake off the feeling of guilt. In fact it almost made it worse that she understood. He didn't know why. He had definitely missed her while he had been back home, he probably had not gone a day without thinking at least one thing related to her. What he had with Colby was just a big confusing mess, he didn't know what was going on. But he decided he would drop it, he didn't want to drag it on. "Alright, I give you full permission to beat me up if I disappear with no word again." He agreed.

If anything, Ace had not been expecting her to just brush his kiss off like that. Now he was feeling more confused than ever, and to be honest, more than just a little disappointed. He grinned anyway, if somewhat more hesitantly than before. He strode to walk beside Colby again but this time shoved his hands in the pockets of his sweater. "Onward!" He managed, similarly to earlier. Maybe he had just been misunderstanding what had been happening up to that point. Figures, it was just like him to mistake a casual interest for something more. Being a recluse really was easier, he just didn't know how to read people - he had clearly mistaken Colby's feelings for something else.
Now that he thought about it, hadn't it always been him that had seemed more invested? While he had seriously been crushing on her, had Colby just thought of him as someone she only liked a little bit?

His expression remained neutral as his mind went into overdrive, a heavy shutter falling behind his eyes to shield his deeply conflicted thoughts from unwelcome observers.

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 12, 2012 7:20 pm

Colby laughed quitely and touched her collorbone with daunting fingers. "That is true, you've probably used up all your luck for awhile then."She belived though, she was more lucky to of meet him. Although she only geld onto his larger hand. She scoffed though at his excuse. "Well I'm a,mammal just as well but it durant help as much." With the chilly fall air settling into winter at amazing speeds the daughter of Nyx was hardly thrilled with the ice they allowed in camp. Colby looked up at his scowl and giggled reaching up to ruffle his hair back, lingering on his neck a second before taking her arm back to her self. "Still not intimidating, Ashfield." She bit her chapping lip and pulled the jacket tighyer around her.

Colby raised an eyebrow companyed with a smirk. "I know better then to spontiously jump on you." She anwsered with a little mischievous tone. "I will give you a warning." She felt playfull and energized with the night rising. However things were sharper and his lingering guilt prickled her hand. With a nod she turned to look at him, "I won't need your permission, because if I miss you as bad i'd probably not care if you your ok with it or not." She breathed in the cold air with a happy feel. Looking up at Ace she smiled bright, "You know, your one of my favorite people in the world?" It was spoke like a proud fact. As if it was a serect accomplishment, and maybe it was.

A second went by, then another. She watched as she replayed the events again in her mind. A silent curse slipped her mouth and shs walked up to Ace, grabbing his bicep and trying to turn him to face her. "Gods Ace, I'm sorry." Her once bright eyes nearly shined in a completely different regretfull way. "I thought you were just messing with me. Playing around." She looked down at his arm, was he always this tense. No, she thought, probably just now. She didn't let go off him though. Insteed continued, "But you weren't, were you?. Your Ace you wouldn't hurt me. I'm sorry." Her face stung now, like glass was pressing in her body, nerves, heart. "Tell me. What do you really feel about me." Her expression strong, but her eyes are fagile, easy to hurt now. For once she let it happen. She had heard his voice how he changed just because she tried to selfishly protect herself, she didn't even consider his pain. How he had opened up to her. She let him close to her, and yet she still automatically shyed away from true affection. How dare she.

5th try and it's worse each try.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 8:44 pm

Although he didn't want to, Ace was acting like that pathetic kid who get really down in the dumps once he got rejected. Who was he kidding? He wasn't just acting, he was that kid. "Yeah." He mumbled vaguely, just wishing the maze would end already. Hadn't it put him through enough embarrassment tonight? Why couldn't the almighty forces above just cut him some some slack. Raising his eyes skyward, he silently mouthed a prayer to the gods.
It almost seemed too good to be true when he processed what he was seeing, but he was actually seeing... darkness in front of him, finally. His time in the maze had seemed entirely too long and uncomfortable for his taste.

Clearing his throat, he was preparing to say an awkward goodbye and then hasten to be on his way. The sooner he was out of there, the better. The words were almost past his lips when he felt a hand grip his arm. Clenching his jaw, he turned to face the daughter of Nyx, eyes stormy and unfriendly. He listened as she apologized, his lips pressed into a hard line. He half considered turning around and leaving, but knew he wouldn't be able to do it. Releasing the breath he had been holding, he softened and then shook his head and allowed a small grin. "It's alright, Fiser. I don't blame you." He replied, scratching his head. While he wasn't entirely sure what she kinds of things she had been through, he knew that she had obviously been hurt before. Who was he to blame her for trying to save herself from getting hurt again?

He had been about to say something and then Colby casually popped her question and Ace's head proceeded to calmly implode.
"Uhh, w-what I really... feel?" He stammered, the back of his neck growing increasingly warmer. Furrowing his eyebrows, he knit and twisted his fingers together while trying to getting his thoughts and the scattered remnants of his brain back together. "I... I really like you?" He said carefully, watching Colby warily. Although he definitely didn't want to hurt her, he wasn't one to lie either. Although he honestly did really like Colby, he didn't know if he loved her - not yet. They hadn't even started dating. Even though he was inexperienced, he didn't want to get hurt either. And as much as he hated to admit it, even just to himself, after tonight, he wasn't sure if he could trust Colby not to hurt him.

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 12:22 am

She had his attention but her grip stayed firm on his arm. She felt a swirl of anger at herself. She herself had been over reacting and quick to judge. Now Ace was hurt, she could see it in his dark grey eyes. Enough though it faded, she had seen it. Colby's own eyes were singing her thoughts. "Its not ok. I thought. I didn't let myself feel." She wanted do things without doubt. And normally she could risk her life for stunts and thrill. Maybe she didn't care about herself as much. Maybe she had nothing to care for nothing to miss. But the moment she had something to lose, she nearly tossed it away herself. She could only dislike herself for it. Colby was aware now of her hand and slowly removed her hand but stepped closer.

Saying she just liked Ace would be an understatement. She only loved him as a friend, but she had developed a likeing for him in more romantic ways. But when she thought about acting on these feelings she could only think of tbe ways she would mess it up. The biggest risk taker not wanting to risk something seemed contradictory. Somehow hearing him say it though helped her insecurities about it. Although Colby had been looking down for a little while now, she had to look up and give him a small smile. "I know I didn't show it much.... But I really like you too." Biting her lower lip espically hard now she was painfully aware of her erratic heartbeat.
Back to top Go down
Crispy Bacon
Crispy Bacon

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 7:27 pm

"It's okay. Thinking is a good thing." Ace said placidly. His initial anger and hurt had all but completely disappeared at this point. There was no use in staying angry at Colby because he didn't want to, she was one of the few truly awesome people he had met and actually got along with. Saying that he got along with her was probably one of the hugest understatements of the century but he wasn't really sure how to define their relationship. It was all just a big confusion to him. It was funny how he could know so much about girls because of his sister and cousins, yet know so little about relationships.

Ace's composure completely cracked when she admitted that she liked him too. And then she smiled in this sort of shy and completely charming way and then bit her lip. He couldn't have melted quicker. He threw his hands up exasperatedly before enclosing Colby in a bear hug. "Well, now that this is out of the way, we should just not have any drama involved in this friendship slash relationship ever again, okay? That sounds good to me." He said, trying to nod and then realizing that nodding while hugging someone was a bit of an awkward procedure. "Got it? No fighting. I promise, cross my heart and hope to die." He garbled, feeling no embarrassment at reciting the childish mantra. Kids knew how to keep promises, he hoped he could keep this one too - although it would probably be a hard one to keep. Ace got angry - often. He hoped he could try to keep it under control though.

(( ACE THROWS HIS HANDS UP IN THE AIR SOMETIMES, SAYING "AYO, DRAMA NO NO" ))

obstacle 1 (interpol)
Back to top Go down
Colby
Elite Writer
Colby

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 11:04 pm

Colby gasped a bit when Ace grabbed her up in a hug. She clasped her arms around his sholders holding onto him must as tightly. Smiling into his chest she glaced up. She listened to each word he told her carefully. Moving her arm around his neck and meeting his eyes for a moment. Then without hastation she leaned forward and kissed the boy. Slow and sweet she let herself enjoy it this time. After a slow few seconds she pulled back and met his eyes again. "Promise." She stopped hugging him as tight now looking at the open space of ahead.

Scanning the dim hill ahead and the lights flickering futher away being the camp Colby could still feel the wave of emotains waring away. "We manged to get through the maze. Easy going from here." Colby ajusted his jacket tighter around her Small frame. "Come on Ashfield. We stay out here any longer you'll freeze." She held out her hand with a teasing smile. She could keep her promise. She could keep her promise and would.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)   Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just a Stroll Though the Maze (Crisp)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Camp Half Blood :: The CHB Forest-
Jump to: