Posts : 1205
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : You know... Over there.
|Subject: from the α s н ε s Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:12 am|| |
w e l c o m e,
to reddie’s character topic, officially refreshed and renewed. This is the final topic ever [or at least I hope] so enjoy yourselves, my lovely internet friends. Feel free to comment, criticize, and all that fun stuff, because in fact I enjoy those very much. However, if you want to dib a charrie, please PM me so we can work something out. Enjoy!
Corinne Rowan is a daughter of Hephaestus played by Kerti Pahk
Aridane Hale a daughter of Apollo played by Emily Didonato
Mikayla Jerrals a daughter of Hecate played by Victoria Lee
Kale Reese a son of Hermes played by Dylan Sprouse
Cole Reese also a son of Hermes played by none other than Cole Spouse
Last edited by RεdPнoεηιx on Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:16 pm; edited 4 times in total
Posts : 1205
Join date : 2011-05-01
Location : You know... Over there.
|Subject: Re: from the α s н ε s Wed Oct 10, 2012 10:14 am|| |
Corinne “Corin” Rowan
daughter of hephaestus
Full name :Gender :Nicknames :Years lived :Date of birth :Country of origin :Immortal parent :
Hephaestus, god of the forge Years in Camp :
None, only have been here a few months. Pet :Powers :
- Detailed Carving ; Though she doesn’t admit it easily, Rin does have a sort of want in her blood to tinker around. She, mainly, loves to carve. She uses her army knife and a simple block of wood to make the most interesting designs, from weapons to outfits to portraits she’s had a lot of practice. Though being a daughter of a god of craft might be a help, Corin will never admit that she’s proud of being happy with her wooden creations.
- Burnin’ Up ; Sometimes, Corinne’s temper gets the best of her. She has very little patience and when she blows it can be like a volcano. Very rarely, she literally is burning mad. Her body heat goes up a considerable amount, and she can’t control it. Being half-human still, this can be very dangerous to her, and she is prone to fainting. This happens only when she’s absolutely and purely furious. Despite her efforts in trying to control it when she feels her own temperature rising, Rin can’t help it. Nonetheless, she still has to learn the meaning of patience with others.
Other skills :
- Offensive ; Corin has a very delicate structure and even more delicate appearance that she wants to keep intact no matter what, thus, she rarely ever fights with a sword or close up at all. Instead, she prefers being on the long-range offensive. For this, she has an ivory recurve bow that she created herself with beautifully carved designs that make it seem like flames. With a pull-back weight of fifty pounds, she has greatly improved since when she began at twenty pounds.
- Defensive ; Though she would prefer not to talk about its past, Corin has a rugged-edged army knife for her defense. She knows how to use it but not as much as she does know how to use a bow. Also, there is more to this army knife than what most people know. This very knife was the same once that gave Corin a horrid scar on her hand. After she had punched the person who owned it across the face, she took the liberty of keeping the knife as a keepsake of the awful night.
- Modeling ; Modeling is Corin’s life. This is what, she believes, she was born to do. Introduced to the business at a very young age, two-years-old to be specific, she is a pro at it now. Nothing will separate her from this passion for it even if it almost did destroy her life at one point.
- Corin is a fragile thing. The white-haired girl was born premature. When she realized that her father was the lame god thrown from Olympus, she figured that weak bones was a trait she got from her father, but it was just a theory. Nonetheless her bones are prone to breaking easily. Also, because of the possibility of having a photo shoot suddenly, the daughter of Hephaestus is very conscious of taking care of herself. She has very limited physical strength, but every now and then she can pack quite a punch when really needed.
- Corin can’t fight hand to hand combat. She wasn’t meant for it. Sure, she is able to swing her arms around and throw some good kicks every now and then, but she has never really been able to know what to do in a fight. She has the opportunity to learn, but she doesn’t want to. Rin’s state of mind when it comes to fighting is that it’s “not worth my time.”
- Dancing ; The thought of even standing on a dance floor makes Corin want to laugh. Out of all things, she is just simply not made to be “shaking her booty”. No, just no. As graceful as she is, no matter how many lessons she were to take, Rin just cannot dance.
- School ; Corinne cannot study. She was not made for school one way or another. She was made to move around and explore new and different fashion trends.
- Controlling her ADHD ; She can never stay still for more than a few minutes. Wether it be for just listening to music, doing a sport, reading a book, Rin just needs to be active. She continuously changes, moving from one place to another. If she doesn't, Corin might as well explode.
Coming off as a fiery spirit to most, Rin isn’t at all surprised when people say that they had expected her to be “that kind of person.” She truly is a burning fire, always awake and ready to burn someone if they ever to come too close. At first, people notice that Corinne only cares for herself and her half-sister so much so that they think that she's a daughter of Aphrodite, not her husband. Unless someone else decides to make a move to befriend her first, Rin is only very passive and purposefully ignorant to those around her, unless they try to mess something up about her appearance of course. Then, they would be dead to her. Very conscious and proud of her appearance, Corin truly is on a very high horse, one that she refuses to get off of. Her mental barriers are thick, and she refuses to let anyone come through unless they were highly persistent.Fatal Flaw :
For those who do end up being on her good side, Corin really is relatively pleasant to be around. She's still arrogant and full of herself, naturally, but at least she cares a bit more than when she just met that person. Corin, though, won't be asking for help from anyone, even so-called friends. She is highly independent and thinks she can do anything herself, and she isn't scared easily, wanting to take everything headfirst. Corin is the type of person who goes on impulse. Nonetheless she'll drag those friends along for a shopping day whether they want to or not, make things by carving them, and buy them things that she thinks they'll look good in or things they like at the very least. Sometimes, she'll even bring them to her photo shoot, but she will never let her “friends” get in the way of her career. As long as you stay on her good side and don't get in the way of her dreams, you can be pretty sure that Rin will not just leave you hanging. There's a good chance she'll try to be there for you when she can. However, one should try to avoid telling Corin secrets because she really does have a very big mouth that cannot be kept shut. Thinking before speaking is overrated.
Be careful, though, when you get on Corin's bad side. When angered, Rin can blow like a volcano. She will scream, yell, fight, and do whatever she wants to until she knows she's done enough damage before stomping away. Her patience is short, and most “eruptions” of hers are minor but as long as you don't get her purely, and truly mad there won't be much of a problem as long as you stay a good distance away. She is also very stubborn and can hold grudges so do not expect Rin to recover from a tantrum as soon as possible or be the one to apologize despite whether it’s her fault or not. No matter how she acts towards others, though, Corin does just want to live life and enjoy it, so much so that she can get so reckless at times, especially when it comes to decisions. The only person who really kept her grounded was her sister, but now that her position as a demigod is known and being a child of Hephaestus, Rin doesn’t know who to turn to anymore.
Physical Appearance :
- Hubris, arrogance, and stubbornness all tie together to make a very large fatal flaw for Corinne. She thinks she can do things that she really can’t do and do them by herself. Her stubbornness doesn’t help with that either, but she refuses to waver whatsoever.
Important people :
All her life, Corinne was taught that her appearance was everything. During her first few years of life, Rin had always been self-conscious of her pure white hair, but now she is very close with it. The waterfall of white is in thick wavy locks that cascade down to her mid-back, blending in with her pale skin tone. She has also had her simple-cut bangs for as long as she remembers and has only a few times gotten tired of it. On her oval-shaped face, Rin has large, oval-shaped, steel blue eyes that are cold most times yet have the capability of being very soft. Just below her small button nose, Corin has full lightly pink lips that, surprisingly, have never received their first kiss yet.
Standing at five foot eight, Corin has a very subtle hourglass figure that most models, such as herself, have. Her arms are slender, but her legs are well-muscled. Ever since she has been taken an interest in running, her legs have gotten a very nice shape. Her pale skin is not so flawless with scars from past experiences and such, but there is one scar that can't be hidden by just a concealer. A star-shaped scar purposefully cut onto the back of her hand is a very painful reminder of that night where she had gone to a very wild-partying club.
When it comes to her fashion, Corin does her best to try to look her best twenty-four seven. She dresses how a stereo-typical Aphrodite child would, unless it were a training day of course. And by training, it's only archery and running track. One thing she normally has on in every outfit though is a fingerless glove that she wears on her right hand to cover her scar.
- Kayla, the half-sister, sixteen
- Darrin, the step-father, forty-seven
- Kelsey, the mother and manager, forty-five, deceased
- Leah, the stylist and daughter of Aphrodite, twenty-seven
Corinne's life began as a small premature baby hanging onto life by a thread in a small hospital in just outside of London. She was a month before she was due, and the doctors were saying that she wouldn't make it. However, they never expected that the baby would be so stubborn and determined to live. The nurses and pediatricians worked with her then, having more and more hope as days went by. After two months of being in intent care, Corin was brought home to her mother, Kelsey Rowan, and her fiancé, Darrin Lyles. She was the center of attention for months, but Not long after Rin's first birthday, her younger, fully developed half-sister had joined their family. However, Rin had no objections in sharing the spotlight.
Like any other little girls, Corinne and Kayla loved dresses. But they still had their individual likes. For Rin it was that she loved to play with the wood that often piled up in the backyard of their country house. She would build birdhouses and carve into the wood beautiful engravings that caught the eye of her parents easily. Her sister's likes, however, we're singing and dancing— dancing was what Corin couldn't do to save her life. However the girls always had time for their shared love for their little "fashion shows". The more that Kelsey had noticed that her daughters had loved showing their dresses off, she had begun entering them in pageants by the time Corin was three-years-old. The white-haired girl and her sister grew very attached to the runway and won various prizes in most competitions. She loved the thrill and pride of winning. By the time Corin had turned twelve, Kelsey let her daughters ditch public school, which Rin wasn't doing all brilliantly in anyhow, and had gone into England's best modeling school, which also offered various academic courses as well. Everything was going absolutely perfect for the small family as the girls grew. Their beauty developed along with their appearance and personalities. For had been a relatively quirky girl then along with her sister, both generous when need be, but Corin had grown to be quite the drama queen over the years. What had made it even worse was the accident.
Kelsey and Darrin both got into a bad accident just after they had gone to drop the girls off at modeling school. Kelsey was killed on impact, but Darrin was spared. However, it was with a horrible concussion. Luckily, Darrin's (relatively wealthy) siblings had rushed in to help their brother. None of Kelsey's family had come to comfort the girls, seeing as all of them were officially deceased. Darrin's brothers and sisters loves Kayla, but they had never warmed up to the white-haired step-daughter. Nonetheless, Kayla stayed close to her older sister all of the time as she did in every situation. Rin, only fifteen at the time, was strong and had changed to be a very firm and unwavering person for her sister. It was a month after their mother's funeral did the girls return to their modeling school. But that was where Corinne slowly began to break.
With different classes from her sister, Corin began to hang with the wrong crowd. This crowd introduced her to smoking, going clubbing, and drinking despite the fact she was underage. Corin began being more than just arrogant, she became reckless. Every time her sister wasn't around she would sneak away to party, smoke, and drink. She did this for months, meeting with her “friends” in an abandoned warehouse, until she finally got so drunk in one party that she collapsed while dancing. One of the biker guys who were with Rin and her “friends” that night decided to have some fun with her while she was in her unconscious state. They had known about her talent for crafting with wood and practically carved a star onto the back of her right hand just as the police had found their little hiding place. Everyone scattered, leaving Corinne unconscious on the floor for the paramedics to pick her up. The next morning, Corin didn't only wake to a horrible hangover but also a bandaged hand and a rugged army knife at her bedside that the police had found at the warehouse.
She had shut herself off from the world for a while until she finally recovered weeks later. When Corinne did, it was as if nothing had happened to her, with the exception of a few things. She didn't return to her modeling school, and she knew her sister was more than disappointed at her. It hurt Rin, of course, but even though she knew it was her fault, Rin blamed it on their father or even her mother for even being in the wrong place at the wrong time when the accident occurred. Corinne smoked— and still does— every now and then, but it was only because of habit. She is still slowly and gradually trying to stop her drinking and smoking for her sister's sake. She had done her studies at home then and sent her work to her tutor at the school through email. Months after the party incident, Corinne had received a call from her stylist in the modeling school, Leah, one of Rin's role models and good friends. Leah had spoken with Darrin, but it was a curt conversation ending with what seemed to be an argument over the phone. Nonetheless it ended in Rin, Kayla, and her father going to the airport where Corin was apparently scheduled to leave for New York with Leah. The white-haired girl was furious, screaming at her father what was going through his mind all the while he had gotten her first class ticket. She had noticed then how her body temperature had gone up the more she screamed, but Kayla was able to calm her sister and her body temperature down before Rin collapsed. Once Corin had heard the story come from Leah's mouth about demigods, the Olympians, and whoever her father was probably was a god on the way to their terminal, Corin couldn't believe it. She was so shocked that she barely said a good word of goodbye to her sister and father which she now regrets terribly.
She spent her first few days in Camp at the Hermes cabin not coming on for anything else but food, but after her fifth night Hephaestus had claimed her, which was a massive surprise to everyone. Since then, Rin had been at least slightly been more open and a lot more like her fiery self. She minded her half-siblings but never really thought of anyone to be her family. They respected her carving, running, and archery skills though. But Corinne has yet to accept that this is her new family.
Last edited by RedPhoenix on Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:59 am; edited 3 times in total