Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

I Came Out

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Skye
THE YODELMEISTER
THE YODELMEISTER
Skye

I Came Out Empty
PostSubject: I Came Out   I Came Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 3:43 am

On Tuesday, September 25, 2012, I came out to my parents as a pansexual.

So, I've been a pansexual for a while. I believe I've always known I was gender blind. I've never thought anything against it as a kid. I thought everyone was like me. But alas, I grew up, and saw that being a homosexual was frowned upon, especially in Texas. Hell, one of my heterosexual cousins was pushed around by my other cousins, and I didn't want to be him. It would probably be worse if I came out. So I was terrified of my parents finding out. Maybe not so much my mom, because she has a lot of gay friends and understands, but because of my dad.

My dad is an asshole. I don't know of any other way to put it. I hate him, I always have. He has verbally abused my mother and me since as long as I can remember. He verbally abused my brother and sister too, but I'm not going to drag them into this. May they rest in peace.

But anyway, back to my father. If any of you can remember that older person in your family that is stuck in the past and hates African Americans, you can imagine my father. He's racist, and a homophobic. A fun guy to bring to parties, eh? So you can imagine me being terrified of coming out to him. Or at least, I hope you do.

I'm going to admit, the way I came out to my parents wasn't the best way. I started out by asking my dad what was his view on legalizing gay marriage. He said he thought they shouldn't have the same rights as we do, because marriage is something that is sacred between a man and a woman.

...Are you kidding me? Are you serious? And I'm sitting at the table, on the verge of breaking down because I know, I know I made the wrong decision. My bigot of a father is not going to accept me, and I know it. (I also feel my IQ dropping because I'm listening to him say how homosexuals aren't real people and they don't deserve the same rights. He's talking about being a homosexual as if it's a disease and he doesn't want to catch it.)

So my mom's freaking out, asking why it matters so much, and my dad gets pissed off and leaves the house. So my mom manages to get me to tell her that I'm a pansexual, and is kind of pissed off I never told her. And she's saying she doesn't want me to be suicidal, and blah blah blah. And I feel like slapping her or screaming in her face because I was depressed and suicidal for like a year and this woman never noticed. My mother, the person who is supposed to know me the best, never knew I was depressed. Well ok.

So about half an hour ago, I showed my dad this video. My dad plays Call of Duty and is constantly yelling "THAT'S GAY" and other crap. I was growing tired of him saying that, especially because I came out to him. I stood up to my father, and how does he react? He laughs in my face.

I am done. I can't put up with him anymore. He's a racist, sexist, homophobic asshole and I am ashamed that I share my last name with him. I am ashamed of sharing blood with him.
Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

I Came Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Came Out   I Came Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 6:22 am

Skye? Are you still okay? You can talk/reply to me if you want. I'm not sure if you want me to reply or not, 'cuz I'm not really sure if it will help. Sorry about your situation. If you want, you can talk to me, find a way to release your anger (but not with physical abuse), if you didn't want me to reply, you can just talk to me, I don't care if you're pansexual, we have a lot of homosexual people here anyway (trust me, this country has A LOT) and I have nothing against them, it's your personality that I care about. You are one of the BEST admins here on CHB, and I'm just a normal member. So if just want to talk to someone.... talk to me, or anyone you want to confide in, I just want to let you know that I'm here for you. And sorry if this offends you or something, and I agree with you, your dad's being an assh*le, you don't deserve a dad like that, and to be honest, I have no idea why people like your dad exist. And it's OK to be pansexual, you're not hurting anyone anyway. I mean look at Ellen Degeneres! She's married to Portia! both of them are gays! and Ellen is a CELEBRITY! She's rich! She's nice and generous! try to look at her as a rolemodel, or try to send her a letter through her website. She might even have you on your show! (if it can happen)

Hope this helps,
Pinky

Back to top Go down
http://ruskayatheawesome.tumblr.com
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

I Came Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Came Out   I Came Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 8:49 pm

I honestly now officially hate your dad. Not only because he's racist, but because of how he says people who aren't heterosexuals aren't really people. My mother, is a lesbian so obviously i support pansexuality homosexuality bisexualty etc. etc. If you need someone to talk to I'm always here for you, don't even ask just pm me. Remeber you have all of us on chb here to help you. We all love you.
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

I Came Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Came Out   I Came Out I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 04, 2012 9:32 pm

yo dog, your dad's a butthole and that is not ok and if you lived in ohio I'd pick you up right away and we'd go out and get froyo and talk about your problems ok because I can drive now (well in five days ok) but also you can PM me anytime here alright but not texting because I have gone over my limit :V you could probs call me, tho

<33333333333333
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I Came Out Empty
PostSubject: Re: I Came Out   I Came Out I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I Came Out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Rants & Life Issues-
Jump to: