Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

spark [private]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:01 pm

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan had never gone to a beach party before and he wasn't entirely sure on how it was going to be like. The only thing he was certain of was the fireworks display, and that was about one of the things he looked forward to. As for the other thing... well, he was just about to meet her at right about now.

His beach slippers made no noise against the ground as he made his way towards the Apollo cabin. He raked a hand through his brown hair - just a nervous habit he supposed. His other fingers hooked around the waistband of the red-and-white beach shorts that reached up to his knees. As he walked, Jonathan kept wondering if he was dressed well for the occasion. Sure, it was a beach party but... argh, maybe he was just getting too self-conscious. Yeah, that definitely sounded logical. Upon arriving at the door of the golden cabin, Jonathan swallowed back the lump that had formed in his throat as he absently toyed with the buttons of his white polo shirt. Okay, this is it.

After taking a deep breath, Jonathan knocked three times on the cabin door. Would it be too much to hope for if it was Ronnie who answered? Maybe so, and Jonathan wouldn't be at all surprised if it was one of her siblings who did.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 pm

spark [private] 175570085443323739_uqi9TMgJ_b

| Veronica "Ronnie" Lyric .::. 16 .::. Apollo .::. Crushing |

Twirling, I laughed, slightly dizzy then.
Stopping, I took a deep breath, and collapsed on the bed beside Buffy. She was here to help me, and jeez, she had.
'And your sure its okay?' I asked for about the seventh time.
'Jeez Ronnie. Its perfect. Any dude who that that was dorky...well don't take their opinion,' she said, smiling at me and pulling at the bag she had sitting on her lap.
I looked down, and smiled myself. I had on skinny blue jeans, with a grey top. A little somber if it had been just that, but there was a large picture of Pikachu on it, and the actual name "Pikachu" underneath it. Then I had on printed converse shoes, with little monsters/animals as the design.
My belt had a load of Pikachu's on it, with a pokeball in the middle, and my bag was yellow and white. The whole outfit well went together, and I was proud that I still had all of it.
Buffy had been called to reassure me it wasn't dorky. And to help with the make-up I had decided to wear. My eyes were heavily outlined with black, yellow, and deep browns and grey's. They were full colors. The whole design mirrored in sorts a Pikachu. We had found it on the internet, and she was the best person I had known at short notice to apply it.
Kaida had had to drop out of the party, because she had the stomach flu. Poor girl, I felt terrible for her. She hadn't even told me herself because it was so contagious. Auburn had.
'Thank you again B. It was cool for you to help,' I grinned, picking up my own bag and tilting in a few random things. Gum. Mentos. Make-up. Chap-stick.
'Its okay Ronnie. You needed it. Really.'
Before I could retort, a light knock at the door of the cabin made me look to Buffy.
'What?' she asked.
'What if it isn't Jonathan? What if its someone else? This whole thing could have been to make a fool outta me. Or maybe its someone who will make fun of me. Help!'
She patted me on the back, and stood, walking to the door, and patting down her short blonde hair.
'You owe me. Maybe when the next boy comes looking for me,' she said, before opening the door.
After a second, she looked back, and called over.
'For you,' before smiling at the dark-haired boy.
I stood, smoothed my outfit one more time, picked up the bag and glanced in the mirror. Then I walked into view of the door, and smiled.
'Hi Athan,' I said softly.

Veronica's Outfit:
http://www.polyvore.com/pokemon_frenzy/set?id=53362494

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:21 pm

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Convinced that one of Ronnie's siblings would have opened the door, Jonathan couldn't stop the rehearsed words from tumbling out of his mouth. "Hi, I'm looking for--whoa!" Having looked up before he could finish the entire sentence, he got totally blown away by the sight of the daughter of Apollo in front of him. Was she the same girl he met back at the arts and crafts shack earlier? Well, he almost couldn't tell at first glance.

Jonathan shifted uncomfortably on his feet. Now he felt ridiculously underdressed. "Wow, you look... wow," he could only utter. Her outfit was simple, just a Pikachu-themed top and a pair of skinny jeans, but it was the eyes that caught his attention. Clearing his throat, Jonathan seriously considered going back to the Aphrodite cabin to change into something more suitable but decided against it in the end. He won't look that out of place in the beach, right?

"You look amazing," Jonathan said, smiling. "...I hope I don't look too plain next to you." He gestured to his polo and beach shorts, feeling more stupid by the second. He should've gone for some pants, at least. "Didn't know you liked Pokemon," he teased, taking note of her striped bag. He was running out of words to say, and the fact that he was still feeling pretty pathetic about his choice of clothes didn't help a bit.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 2:43 pm

I took Jonathan in. He was handsome, in casual clothes. Now I felt terribly over-dressed and still very dorky.
I kept smiling at the compliment, and answered everything pretty quick, hoping I wasn't going to say anything that would instantly make me even more of a clutz.
'Thanks, and Athan, you look good today. Not that you don't look good all the time! I mean, you look better...Gods just kill me now...' I trailed off, smiling weakly and looking to Buffy.
'See ya Ronnie. Your on your own,' she said laughing, walking past me and away.
Meanie. She could have at least I don't know, helped again before I dug myself into a hole that would be hard to escape.
Trying to distract from the last sentence, I smiled at the Pokemon comment.
'An old faze of mine actually. All the games, all the books, all the episodes. Everything. I bet you think I'm a dork,' laughing slightly.
He probably I thought I had over-done it. Oh my Gods. I probably had. He looked so casual...I looked like the Queen of Pokè. Oh Gods. If only Buffy had told me.
Shush Ronnie. She hadn't told you because she honestly thought you looked fine. And hell, you do. So what? Haters hate. Pokemon isn't that dorky. Everyone had seen something of it at some point in their lives...
Oh yeah. Trying to talk myself outta thinking I had dressed way to much. Maybe it was working.
Smiling again, I closed the door to the Golden Cabin shut softly.
My hair wasn't tied up, so it fell back from my face as I looked up at him.
'So the party huh? Kaida can't come cause she has Stomach Flu, so it kinda means we're on our own...' I trailed off again.
Would that bother him? Maybe Kaida had loosened the ice around us. Maybe he had been counting on her. Maybe I was saying Maybe to much.

Veronica's Outfit:
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:26 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan's face felt a little hot and he was pretty sure that even the tips of his ears flushed. "Well, I guess that's my mother's doing. Thanks," he said softly, bringing a hand up to rub the back of his neck. Hoping that it was dark enough to conceal the traces of pink in his skin, Jonathan swallowed thickly and cocked his head to the side as a blonde girl walked past and bade Ronnie goodbye. "I'm guessing that she was the one who gave you the makeover?" he asked curiously as soon as the girl disappeared from sight.

Smiling, Jonathan shrugged. "Nah, a lot of my friends at school are into Pokemon. Not dorky at all. Unless you think we're dorks, then it could pass as something dorky..." Mentally he started to thank Walter and all of the other boys in his class for introducing him to the finer points of the franchise. More common ground now, at least. "So your favorite is Pikachu? Just a wild guess," he added mischievously, glancing back at the Pikachu designs on her outfit.

Jonathan stared at the daughter of Apollo, mesmerized by the way her hair framed her face. It took him a fair few moments to realize that she had spoken, and thankfully the pause hadn't been long enough to make it obvious how he was a little inattentive to her words. "Oh, I hope she gets well soon. A party could've cheered her up after... yeah." The son of Aphrodite felt genuine sympathy for the girl he barely knew, worrying a little too much about something that he really had no capacity to change. Just like how Jonathan didn't notice how he put the happiness of other people before himself. Someday, the bitter truth might come to bite him the end, but that was something he had yet to realize for himself.

"Oh, should we go?" he quickly offered. "I've heard that the fireworks are going to be fantastic."
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:06 pm

I laughed slightly, hoping to keep the subject away from my spaz moment.
'Yeah. I wouldn't have been able to do the design without her help. She's quite good when she wants to be, but then again, Buffy could be called a prom queen,' I smiled, and smoothed out my top.
This was gonna be fun. Maybe without Kaida, it might be a little awkward... you know, cause three is a comfortable number. But then you came to two and... yeah.
Not that I had ever had any experience. There had been Dylan, a boy Grace had got me to go with to the Junior Prom. That wasn't a good night. He had been more interested in Grace then me. Wasn't everyone though? She had the blonde haired blue eyed good looks. All I had was the family's eyes.
'We should probably go yeah. You know, to get a good vantage point...' I kept my smile in place, but I was starting to get nervous.
Everything could crash and burn in this moment. Everything. I really hoped this as a good nigh, but everything rested on me keeping my random moments down.
Veronica's Outfit:

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 8:45 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

"Well then, I guess you're lucky she didn't put you in a gown tonight," Jonathan teased, hastily rubbing his nose to hide the grin that found its way to his face. Just the thought of him in his casual get-up beside Ronnie in some kind of a ball gown almost caused him to chuckle. If that was the case, he'd definitely rush back to the Aphrodite cabin just to get changed.

Setting that thought aside, Jonathan was suddenly struck with a certain realization. Originally, it was supposed to be three of them - Ronnie, Kaida and him - but due to some uncontrollable circumstances, the number dwindled down to just two. He cleared his throat awkwardly. Just the two of them? Was this some sort of a date then? Not that he was complaining of the outcome, but it still caused Jonathan to feel just a little more nervous than before. The last date he had been in was about a year ago (A year already? Time flies, he pondered) and it didn't end well... for him at least. As for the girl, well, she continued to hang out with some guy she had been seeing for the past few months while dating him, so he assumed she was coping well. In any case, Jonathan was over her now, and it felt nice to think about that incident without his mood taking a turn for the worse.

Jonathan shoved his hands inside his pockets and cast a glance at the beach not too far off. He can already see the large collection of campers in the area, plus all the mechanisms that were needed to get the fireworks up and running. Looking back at Ronnie, he grinned like an excited schoolboy. "Sounds good," he agreed, before stopping there and shifting his weight on the balls of his feet. Uh... what now? he thought to himself. Did Ronnie consider this a date? Should he offer up his arm or something? Would it be too straightforward? Awkward, even? So many questions. He could only hope that he had just as many answers.

"Would it suddenly be too weird if I be a complete gentleman for tonight?" Jonathan suddenly found himself jokingly saying as he offered an arm out for Ronnie. It probably wasn't a smooth move, but it wasn't like he had anything else up in his sleeve. Simon was better than him at this, but hey, that wasn't going to keep him from trying, right? Nevertheless, Jonathan had a wide grin on his face as he waited for the girl's reaction, hoping against all odds that he hadn't made it feel uncomfortable for her. He was just kidding around, or at least showed that he was to lighten up the mood.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:55 am

Date mode. That was the word I had been told by another girl before. Three was company, two was date mode.
Was Jonathan thinking this was a date? Was I? Hell, I didn't know. Maybe we were. Most likely, we weren't, and even that, I was so unsure of. He could reduce me into a random mess, and not many people had ever done that. Grace had, when she teased me in front of Buffy. Jeez, Buffy could to, just being around and flirting with everyone. This was so hard to know. To hard.
I caught the comment on a gown and burst out laughing.
'That would so be her! "Hey Ronnie, that outfit doesn't work, here try this!" I open the bag, and there's this big ballgown inside,' a sudden image of me in a dress that mirrored the one in Cinderella made me laugh again, 'So lucky, cause of if you knew her like I did, then you would know she would pull a stunt like that.'
Smooth Veronica. Bask in your strangeness.
But I shushed my over talkative mind, and smiled.
Maybe this wouldn't be so bad. Fireworks, beach, friends... what could go wrong? If he really was who I was so sure of, then he wouldn't mind... would he? I mean, I could come out with some... well strange and potentially weird things at times, but they couldn't harm anyone, at least I hoped not.
Then I saw Jonathan put out his arm, and I nearly giggled. Whoa. I wasn't the giggling type of girl. I preferred to smile, occasionally laugh when I got over shyness, and certainly never giggle.
'It wouldn't be weird at all, kind sir,' I said, bowing slightly and taking his arm.
Hm, this could work.
The Wizard of Oz movie suddenly came back to me, and I smiled again at Athan.
We're off to see the wizard, the wonderful wizard of Oz. He really is, he really is, the wonderful wizard of Oz....
Strange, yes. Weird, maybe. Dorky that I was thinking that at this moment... most certainly.
But this was gonna be a fun night, if so far was something to go on.

Veronica's Outfit:
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 15, 2012 8:27 am

jonathan wyatt adams
Son of Aphrodite

Jonathan arched both his eyebrows, not bothering to make any attempt to hide his surprise. "Seriously? I wouldn't have thought," he mused, laughing. He only meant the gown comment as a joke. Little did he know that it was actually possible.

Unable to stop the huge grin from forming on his face when Ronnie took his arm, Jonathan straightened into his full height (he was slightly hunched before) and practically radiated confidence. He couldn't really help it. Nothing wrong with being a shade prouder than usual, right? "Excellent," he remarked, reveling in his moment of giddiness. He could feel sparks flying from where her hand touched his arm. It was something Jonathan felt before, and something he never thought he'd feel again. Okay, maybe he was being overly dramatic with that, but all his experience caused him to be so pessimistic about these kinds of things.

Jonathan led her to the beach where a lot of campers had already gathered. Becoming slightly self-conscious because of the giggles they received (most likely due to their mismatched outfits), Jonathan cleared his throat and kept his eyes on the ground rather than what lay ahead. He breathed a small sigh of relief when his slippers touched sand instead of the hard ground and looked up at the torches alight with Greek fire. "Whoa, this is really something," Jonathan said in awe as his eyes lingered on the decorative plants courtesy of the Demeter demigods. Face alight with excitement and enthusiasm, he turned to look at Ronnie and asked, "What do you think?"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

spark [private] Empty
PostSubject: Re: spark [private]   spark [private] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

spark [private]
Page 1 of 1