Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Olympus & Adult Characters

Go down 
+5
FudgeeBear
lara croft
Balisugar
dean
Pinky
9 posters
AuthorMessage

Olympus & Adult Characters Empty
PostSubject: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:47 am

Well, I was thinking... we could add adult characters to the mix. I know this site is called Camp Half-Blood, not Camp Half-Blood and the Surrounding Percy Jackson Universe, but I think it'd be cool. We could have adult characters living lives on Olympus, retired from CHB. We could have demigods working for Aeolus. We could create our own 'Demigod town,' a settlement where adult demigods lived lives together. We'd need new subforums, of course, and this would involve...

• Expanding Olympus
  • Expanding the Off Campus subforums

We could have Shopkeepers, and, in special cases, servants to the Gods themselves. Add more codes, with an in-character shop system. I know these exist, because I have seen them. Not all of these need to be added... As for Olympus,

The Olympians Circle: the upper ring at the peak of Olympus. The Gods live here, and their various temples are here.

The Heroes Path: the most popular street for the retired heroes and minor Gods. They live here, with their families.
    Ganymedes' Cafe: when Ganymede isn't serving wine to the Gods, he runs this cafe to fund his own personal exploits. Wine is available to to older guests, and Hephaestus TV is always running.
    Hephaestus TV Headquarters: this is the centre of broadcasting for Hephaestus TV, serving the Olympians and residents of Olympus for years. While the God isn't often there, his employees and automatons make sure everything runs smoothly.

The Lower Rings: this is the largest suburb on Olympus, and home to the nymphs and other residents of Olympus. Vibrant markets are always held here.
    Olympian Park: with brilliant tan pathways of cobble, and springs and creeks around every corner, the Olympian Park is a popular place to relax for the residents of Olympus.
    The Marketplace: here, every morning, a vibrant and colourful market is held, with the freshest produce Olympus has to offer.

I might add more of those, but for now those are just some examples of what we could have for Olympus. Thoughts?

Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 5:59 am

I think it's a great idea!
Back to top Go down
http://ruskayatheawesome.tumblr.com
dean
Experienced Poster

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:46 am

Yes yes yes yes yes yeeeeeeeeeees!!!!
Back to top Go down
Balisugar
Pumpkin Princess
Balisugar

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:06 am

Looooove it!!!
Back to top Go down
http://kingdomavril.forumotion.com/
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 7:16 am

This would be an amazing idea! LOVE IT!
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:15 am

/sobs. I like these, Zell, but, but... /teary eyed. The Forum would be cluttered omnomnommie. /hides.
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 3:21 pm

I agree with Fudge. However, it may be worth it.

My question is, though, if you read SoN,
Spoiler:

Also i don't really understand the ic shopkeeper part.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 4:47 pm

Yeah. Though, that wouldn't matter it we found a code that added buttons to zoom to the top of the page and to the bottom. I'm sure there's one of those somewhere.

As for your second point, Snig... I only really thought about it after reading your post. I'm not sure whether it's such a good idea anymore. It's just, I feel fairly sure there are people living on Olympus. We know that. So maybe just extend it to nymphs and stuff but not demigods...

Shopkeepers would be characters who run an in character shop or work for them.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:53 pm

I LOVE THIS IDEA. JUST SAYING.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 8:56 pm

Yeah but like would it actually be a functioning shop? Like instead of Cher coding graphics, would it be her character? ._.
Back to top Go down
firelord zuko
mountain dew me
firelord zuko

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:18 pm

I think he means it would be like say a bakery and someone would have a character runs it? I'm not sure if that's what Zelly means but that's what I got out of it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 9:21 pm

No. It wouldn't be like codes, or OOC resources, it would actually be IC shops. Like, maybe she specializes in weaving, and has a small shop on Olympus. Unless we could find a decent modification for it, no IC money would be transferred; they just say and RP that they do it. Geddit? ML is right.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 2:52 pm

I see. So why can't you do that in off campus?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:37 pm

You can. That was just an example of something Olympus would make easier to do. This isn't about shopkeeping, it's about having an expanded Olympus and adult characters.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:45 pm

Don't we already to that in the drachma application thing...?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:46 pm

In character shops Cher.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 4:50 pm

We sell weapon perks, pets, etc in the drachma application...?

Those are IC 'items'.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:24 pm

But that would mean only people on olympus/visiting olympus would get to rp there
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Your character owns a shop IC. Or works for one. It is mostly just for history purposes. Other characters may walk into shops and buy something, but nothing OOC is gained or lost either way. They are just fruit stalls, and little things like that, no weapons. People only buy what their character is able to; someone who is 'poor' can not buy a golden throne.

Okay, just drop that bit. Having adult characters RP'ing on Olympus, and an expanded Olympus. Go go go.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2012 8:45 pm

Expanding olympus, potentially. Allowing adult characters there reminds me of SoN and I'm kinda iffy about.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 03, 2012 4:14 pm

I think in one of the books (I'm not sure which one") while percy is on olympus he mentions demigods on olympus. Wheteher or not they [I] live [I] there is anybodys guess, but I'm in favor of that idea. As for the town that's not on olympus I'm with fudge and snig. That would be copying the roman town.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Olympus & Adult Characters   Olympus & Adult Characters I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Olympus & Adult Characters
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: