Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Seriously.

Go down 
+4
FudgeeBear
sapphire
Sniggle
summer
8 posters
AuthorMessage
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:42 am

I don't have any sort of special power nor exceptional influence over anyone here. I'm going to give my views on this 'crisis phase' we are having here on CHB, as a regular member. And I writ this to the extent that I know of, and understand. I apologise if I get anything wrong, and anyone is free to correct my mistakes.

I do not see what this controversy is about. CHB has been flourishing for the past year, until now. Apparently I am being told that we are spiraling downwards. Admins quitting. Others leaving. Members protesting against... what? I had practically no idea what was wrong with this site, why mountains have been made out of molehills, small matters of no significance being scrutinized and brought up, hurting many. Until now. Now I know exactly what the problem is, or at least, as close to this trifle matters as possible. Our problem lies with all us here. We are being so.. petty. I believe that is the right word. Can't we be more easy-going?

For example, this staff wipe thing, is totally out. If something exists, if something has been in that state for a particular period of time, it is meant to be like that. If everyone were to be given equal rights, all to be given admin rights as someone suggested, nobody to keep this site in check, it will fall into chaos. Why? Each and every member has different views, different agendas, different ways of getting what they want. Reason enough? There is no need for such a huge change like that. I think we should respect our Admins, who have contributed so much to the site. Sure, they may seem never on, or always kidding around the chatbox. But do you really know what they do behind everything? Do you account the hard work they put in to keep this site under control? And you can just diss them and ask for a staff wipe?

CHB is, or was, should I say, originally meant to be a simple roleplay site. Not somewhere one comes on to vent their feelings. Heck, I came here to enjoy myself. It is not absolutely necessary to devote your time to this site, and all the seconds you spend on this site, is entirely voluntary. CHB is not somewhere you come to escape from the real world. Why bring a conflict, or amplify an existing one? I am not accusing anybody of deliberately trying to cause trouble, but that is the only reason why one would provoke minor quibbles. It's just so disconcerting that members suddenly have this mentality to pick on the flaws this site has.

Fact? Most of us are just avoiding the problem, refusing to face it head on. Clearing chats, changing topics. That is why problems are sometimes dragged on for so long. Members have been upset just because they think they are being ignored. Snidely insulting a member one dislikes. Logging off chat because they don't agree with another member. Seriously? Everyone has experienced that at some point in time, it doesn't give anyone the reason to be uncivilized. Basically, we're bickering over nothing. There is no solid reason for us to be so negatively vibed. Sure, we can voice our thoughts. But do we know when to draw the line? Perhaps I have been going off-topic, but are we able to control our emotions and keep them in check for ours, and others' sake?

If you read this, and you feel offended, think why. Are you offended as a whole? Or do you think I have antagonized you personally? Think deeper, ask yourself, and you might just be able to decipher and understand exactly why I believe this site is dwindling in its attitude.

~Summer

Last edited by Summer~ on Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 3:58 am

Bless this post. Bless everything about it.
Back to top Go down
sapphire
Sardonic Twin
sapphire

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:05 am

Amen to this.
Back to top Go down
http://phoenixsapphire.deviantart.com
FudgeeBear
Claymore Warrior
FudgeeBear

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 4:53 am

:D Way to go, Summer!
Back to top Go down
http://brooklynhouse.forumtl.com
Charlie
Skye's Minion
Charlie

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 8:09 am

Oh gosh Summer you brilliant person EVERYONE READ THIS POST.
Back to top Go down
moon
Elite Writer
moon

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 10:10 am

/bows to Summer

You're absolutely right. -Moon Approves-
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 pm

/kisses summer's feet

Hallelujah, Summer.
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 09, 2012 12:28 pm

WHY YOU PEOPLE REMOVE THE LIKE BUTTON D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Seriously. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Seriously.   Seriously. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seriously.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: