Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

More polls?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:33 pm

Welp, while writing my post in the 'third party' topic, I asked myself, "Why not just asking the members for their opinion? It would get things sorted much faster." And thus, the Powerpuff Puff Girls idea was born. I'm just going to highlight the pros and cons of the idea.

Pros
  • The members won't be kept in the dark as often. They will get more of a chance at what's going on in the admin panel.
  • Things will get done faster. The admins don't need to debate over everything as there are only so many of them. They could lay out the options and post them in the news forum.
  • It would cause less drama if the voting was done by the members.
  • People can't complain about the choices of the admins as much
  • The admins wouldn't be so stressed whenever something pops up.

Cons:

• It would interfere with RPing, and make this... well, more of a site for democracy.
  • There's no turning back.
  • There may be people who vote what everyone else is voting for due to peer pressure
  • Some people may feel pressured to vote.

These are just some of the points that come to mind. I may come back and edit this later.
Back to top Go down
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 2:38 pm

i dont see how having this would interfere with RPing at all. The staff members have nothing to do with RPing. As for no turning back, there never is with anything important like this. these pros far outway the cons that you have presented.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 3:42 pm

Our ideas tend to be pulled from you guys in the suggestion box already. The time just goes into planning how it's all done. And if you knew every step of it, where would the fun in the surprise be?
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 06, 2012 4:14 pm

In cases such as these, where it isn't something from the suggestion panel but decisions that affect the members a lot, such as a new Admin to keep their forum running, or a new position that some think is needed, or a new legend who will represent their history, they deserve a vote.
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:10 pm

The new Character Mods would have been the prefect opportunity to let the members have a say, when the staff appoints new groups and staff without consulting the members, you give the impression of not caring what the members think about things.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 2:29 pm

Things that should be Voted on by the members:
-Nominations of and appointment of new staff members
-Creation of new staff positions
-Demotion of Staff Members
-Appointment of Legends
Back to top Go down

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:36 pm

I completely agree with this, as long as certain things can stay secret. There's always got to be a little bit of surprise, yes?
Back to top Go down
dean
Experienced Poster

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 4:44 pm

I do think that the Staff should be able to chose Legends as well. Just like, if the members don't choose someone to become one but the Staff thinks they do deserve it. and as for the surprise: YES.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 08, 2012 5:29 pm

Daemon wrote:
I do think that the Staff should be able to chose Legends as well. Just like, if the members don't choose someone to become one but the Staff thinks they do deserve it. and as for the surprise: YES.

I agree, but only as long as it doesn't work the other way around as well. If the members choose a Legend and the Staff doesn't agree with it, they don't get to Veto it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

More polls? Empty
PostSubject: Re: More polls?   More polls? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

More polls?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: