Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Discussion Relocation

Go down 
+4
Katie Firebird
Sniggle
Angel
Gazimu
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

Discussion Relocation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:36 am

Richard wrote:
Faster character acceptance (like, a fastpass at Disneyland or something.)

Why does this need to be suggested?

I smell some slackers, and they all go to CHB staff meetings...
Back to top Go down
http://www.thehungergamesrp.forummotion.com
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:46 am

Gaz, all ideas are open for suggestion here.

And second, I do not appreciate what you are blatantly implying in this message, and neither do the rest of the staff members. If you have an issue with your character not being accepted, all admin and mods are open to PM's or messages in the chatbox asking them to accept a character.
Sometimes topics and posts get lost.
While your concerns are noted, they were not conveyed in the proper manner. A PM to a staff member or a message in the suggestion box and not a rude remark in a News Update would have been more appropriate.
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:01 am

Firstly, I appreciate your answering me.

Secondly, I am not angry about my characters not being accepted, I dont make characters here, and all the ones I had were already accepted. I'm angry about everyone else having to wait for a week to get accepted unless they are friends with the staff.

Thirdly, Administration ignores me, I'm still waiting for a reply from Zan on something from over a month ago, and I have reminded her multiple times.

Fourthly, Topics in the Character submission section are hard to lose as you just look for the Username.

Fifthly, as mentioned before staff had been quite intent on ignoring me, and any complaints I pose will be dumped and never acted on.

Finally, I would hardly categorize my post as rude, it seems more like a humorous pointing of my finger to make sure attention would be brought to the problem. That was an obvious success, or I would not be writing this at the moment.

Oh, and just a note; It wasn't just Implied in the message, that seems to suggest it was not meant to be direct. I had every intention of dishing out some justice by calling Staff on this problem.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:14 am

I shall follow your layout.

Firsty, You're welcome.

Secondly, I'm sorry that sometimes people have to wait a week. I personally have not seen this happen for a while, but if it has, to all members, I'm truly sorry. But every now and again they have to help us out here. You can't just edit a post, not make a new one and expect us to know you have a new character. Most people do post a new message saying their character is complete, and we appreciate that. However, posting a quick message in the cbox saying "Can someone accept my character?" is not that difficult and will most likely get your character accepted.

Thirdly, I'm sorry that you feel ignore, Gaz. I never intended on making you feel that way, and I apologize if I have in the past. If you ever have concerns, PM me and I will get back to you as soon as I can.

Fourthly, If a new post is not made, and the character topic is not on the first page, it is often ignored. Multiple new characters are made per day and some simply get overlooked in the shuffle. This is where a PM comes in handy when mistakes like this are made.

Fifthly, see Thirdly.

Lastly, Even though it did get a response, in the future please just send me a PM. xD I'm always open for them and will respond.

And I was aware that this was your intent, I was simply trying to be polite in my wording and give you the benefit of the doubt.

I myself have gotten out of the habit of accepting characters. To be frank, I get lazy and I have other things to do. However, characters are what makes this site run. Without them, it wouldn't be active. I can promise that, at least once a day unless specifically asked, I will go through and accept/deny new characters.
I'm sorry for letting my laziness get the better of me. Despite the fact that this worked once, Gaz. I would really really appreciate it if you didn't go about pointing this out this way. Please PM me with issues. I will respond as soon as I get it.
But mucking up this topic that is supposed to be for members to give suggestions for the drachma shop is not something I was hoping to happen.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:20 am

Feel free to PM me about this, if that is how you wish it to be discussed. Just know I'll take nothing less than a reply to everything I write pertaining to the discussion until we say goodbye.

I say that you can feel free to PM me about this because honestly, I know if there was a naughty list for CHB I basically own the Top 10, and generally problem people are talked to in private. This along with the fact that I am content as a cucumber to continue this Conversation in the public eye so that the members can see what is said.

As for laziness, I am quite lazy, but I still do all the work I can for my Forum, THG, each day, because I care. I know you care, same for the rest of staff, and laziness is no excuse for slacking in duties.

We owe that to our members each day.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:24 am

Topics in the submissions section are actually rather simple to lose, as various layouts make me unsure of whether a character has been accepted or it has not. Unless people put it somewhere on their page that they need to have a character accepted, I tend to assume that the characters have already been accepted. While many people are good at notifying me somehow, whether on their page, through the chatbox or through pm that they would like my assistance with character acceptance, there are some cases where I cannot tell whether a character is accepted. I've seen pages where there are no approvals whatsoever in the topic, and when I notify these members asking if they need assistance, they tell me, no, everything is fine, they're old characters who have been approved that have simply been moved to a cleaner area.

Yes, occasionally topics seem as if they're approved but the actually aren't. Yes, occasionally we miss a topic. But we are generally quick and, for the most part, it only take a day or two for a character to be accepted. We have many, many duties as staff members and they I apologize but they don't always revolve around your characters. Sometimes, we are busy with things, whether on the site or off the site, and cannot get to approving them just yet. But we attempt to get to them post-haste.

From what I can see here, and from what I've seen in the past, your topics, suggestions, and occasional irritating prods at the admins(such as that seen here in what should be a simple topic, where we try to get the members opinions on what they'd like in the shop), they've been acknowledged and replied to. For instance, the topic you made on your self-proclaimed worth as a legend. If I recall, I posted on that, Nico posted on that, and possibly Angel as well. You aren't ignored. We just can't do everything you want us too.

And, for what it's worth, I'd have to say that Angel's calling your remark a "blatant implication" was for the benefit of the doubt. I consider your "justice" nothing less than insulting the staff. Maybe you wouldn't categorize it as rude, but I certainly would. And I suppose I'll keep it in mind next time I ask for the opinions of our members. You know, that thing that the admins apparently don't do for you.
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:27 am

Snyggle wrote:
I suggest invincablity from bathing in the River Styx. This would of course have to be very limited and cost a lot.

Maybe we could buy a chat box mod for an a half hour. Basically this is where people pay to have powers in that chatbox for an half hour.

While there are no bad ideas. Try and suggest something else. After hours of fiddling with codes there is no way to program in a system that can safely give powers to other in the chatbox. The chatbox itself is not open sourced and can not be altered at all by any admin.

Invincibility from bathing in the Styx is a Canon power that Percy achieved in the fifth book. Percy is the strongest demi-god currently known and yet it almost annihilated him completely. Not just any hero is up to the challenge and for the ability to buy it is frivolous. Somethings need to be earned, not bought.

Richard wrote:
Afterlife Rping

After going through this type of roleplay sooooo many times myself, you need to realize yea palling around with your buddies is fun and all, but what else matters? You're in the fields of Asphodel as a ghost and literally you can't do anything except shift around and moan. Say you make it to Elysium or Isles of the Blessed. Well now you have more options. What kind of tune shall you strum on your harp comes time mind. Realize that Afterlife rping has many more factors to it then you would originally think.

Angel. You need to realize that Gaz and I have been here for 2 1/2 years or so now. He's as much of a cocky *** as he was in the beginning and he will not change.

That said he has a fair point. It's not that hard to keep a tab open in the character section to refresh every half hour or so or when someone asks you to accept something.

The staff do have a hard time of getting back on things sometimes. You should listen to your old members. Yea we have our issues. But we've been around the block more than enough times. If he's complaining about something, look past the dry sarcasm and witty remarks and look at what he's saying.

There would be no reason for him to post this here on a news and updates topic had the staff actually replied to him and not ignored him in the first place. You're shooting yourself in the foot by ignoring him because he doesn't go away.

Allright. Thats all said and done. Here's a funny picture to amuse myself.

Discussion Relocation Lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:35 am

You're correct, the members have a right to view this conversation since it pertains to them. So we'll continue our conversation here, unless specifically asked by a member to take it to PM of course. xD And Gaz, I would expect nothing less.

Well sadly we don't have a naughty list, and we don't check it twice. ...No? Okay. Moving on. It's not about "problem people" being talked to in private. It was more about not clogging up the topic with discussion when it's supposed to be for suggestions. However, Mr. Content Cucumber (You should make that your rank) I agree, as I said before, that the members have a right to view the conversation. And comment on it as well.

The way I handle my laziness is something that I need to work on. I prioritize the work that I need to do on here. For example, discussing and planning out things with the rest of the staff is first on my list. I want to be sure that all of the things we have planned get done. At the moment, I'm working on a layout for the Drachma Shop. Accepting characters is down the list a bit, along with roleplaying, replying to personal PM's, and talking in the cbox.

And yes, I agree. The members deserve the best.

And Sno, that picture made me chuckle. xD
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:44 am

Snolanda wrote:
You need to realize that Gaz and I have been here for 2 1/2 years or so now. He's as much of a cocky *** as he was in the beginning and he will not change.

I disagree with this, I always was and still am nice to those that respect me (Barring yourself, of course). Otherwise, you've hit the mark.

Anyways. @Sniggle, I noticed you apologized for the world not always revolving around my characters. Well, I'd hope not, they were all accepted more than a year ago and none of them are being used at all, if you still check my character topic I'd suggest stopping, as nothing should revolve around my characters but dust and inactivity.

Also, I know what accepting characters is like and what searching through topics for a certain user's characters can be like, it really isn't hard. I might add that the forum has a Search Feature, so you don't have to waste time scrolling through 30 pages of character topics to find the one you need to look at.

For your last point, I didn't say you don't for the members opinions, if I did that here, in a topic specifically asking for their ideas (i.e Opinions of a sort) I'd look like quite the idiot, wouldn't I?

No, I'm a bit more giving than that. You all do your jobs, just not as well as I believe you to be capable of.

@ Angel, I'd love to make that my rank, how much does it cost again to change custom ranks?
(Although I may be sued by Pirates of the Caribbean as I stole that line from Jack Sparrow)
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:48 am

Well since you already bought a custom rank you can change it without cost. xD Unless you want to pay the 2,000 drachmas again. (And I don't think you would be sued. I highly doubt, no matter how fantastical CHB is, they they have time to monitor rp'ing sites for someone taking the phrase "Content Cucumber".
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:49 am

Alright, I will be known from here on as Mr. Content Cucumber.

Mind changing it?
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:51 am

Holy freaking god. You all need to calm your boobs. Why is the official word banned again?

All of you may be mature, but honestly, if you're going to have this conversation, take it to your PM's. I love you all, but this isn't the place to be discussing this. If you have a problem, take it to PM. Angel, Snig, I love you guys, but as admins, you should know not to keep this in a thread. It's just annoying for the others who need to scroll past all of this.

Gaz and Sno, you guys are old members, and I see your points, but if you have a problem, PM it to the admin who started this thread, please? I'm sure the staff appreciates your concerns, but not here. Not right now.

This is for suggestions on what we can add to the drachma applications, not whether the world revolves around your characters or my milk.
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 am

Richard wrote:
Holy freaking god. You all need to calm your boobs. Why is the official word banned again?

All of you may be mature, but honestly, if you're going to have this conversation, take it to your PM's. I love you all, but this isn't the place to be discussing this. If you have a problem, take it to PM. Angel, Snig, I love you guys, but as admins, you should know not to keep this in a thread. It's just annoying for the others who need to scroll past all of this.

Gaz and Sno, you guys are old members, and I see your points, but if you have a problem, PM it to the admin who started this thread, please? I'm sure the staff appreciates your concerns, but not here. Not right now.

This is for suggestions on what we can add to the drachma applications, not whether the world revolves around your characters or my milk.

So, I'll see you in PM's then Angel?

Also, the official word is banned because it is bad and the majority of the members here (Including yourself) are under 13 and should not know bad words.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:54 am

Your rank has been successfully changed from "Old Fart" to "Mr. Content Cucumber". :3

And Cher, while I would have preferred a PM, I do believe that was Gaz said is correct. The members have a right to view what we're saying. However, due to your concerns, anything further will be discussed privately.
I apologize for the inconvenience.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:02 am

Hey guys? I don't think Angel should get PM's just because she posted the thread. That's not right. (and don't tell me "not everything is right." I know, but I can try to make things fair.)

Whoever is the problem should be PM'd. I know I'm part of the problem. I should be getting pm'd by all of you that have a problem with me, not my friends. I understand not wanting to be judged for your thoughts, but pm'ing someone else about how you feel about [i]me[i], or whoever the problem happens to be at the time, just isn't cool.

And I'm not just talking to Gaz. I'm talking to everyone that may have some things they want to say to a problem. (mainly me.) It really is better to pm them your concern, instead of dumping the hate onto someone who is good at dealing with it. If I don't receive a few PM's now, then a lot of you are lying.

I want to get better, but I can't if I have to find out indirectly and anonymously.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:05 am

...Can we maybe make a new topic for this? Or move this to the suggestion box and start a new suggestions topic?

Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:09 am

I think there is a Split topic option, I cant remember. Might just be the merge symbol confusing me.

EDIT: Yeah, there is a split topic option, you can move all the posts of the discussion to another place.
Back to top Go down
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:26 am

Oh yes, split topic. Thank you, Gaz, for reminding me of such a glorious tool!

So, if anyone wishes to continue discussion, or any lurkers wish to post their own opinions on what's been said, please do so here.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:28 am

All I have to say, I said on page one.

Seriously read it everyone in the entire world. :3
Back to top Go down
Gazimu
Mr. Content Cucumber
Gazimu

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:39 am

@Nico, everything I've had to say to you at this point, I've already said in one way or another, so there's no point in me PMing you just to talk about the same issues that have been discussed before.
Back to top Go down
Nico
Chatbox Ruler
Chatbox Ruler
Nico

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 2:51 am

I know, thank you. I honestly appreciate you saying those things to my face, though it might not come out that way. I'm not being sarcastic when I say thanks for being honest. It has just come to my attention recently, what with me receiving a birthday topic that a friend of mine wanted to post, that some people have things they'd like to say to me but don't, and it just irks me a little, you know?

I just want honest opinions from people, because I'd like to know how to make myself better. I can take them.
Back to top Go down
jessica
SICJ A WPMDERF; MEMBER
jessica

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 12:26 pm

Angel wrote:
Gaz, all ideas are open for suggestion here.

And second, I do not appreciate what you are blatantly implying in this message, and neither do the rest of the staff members. If you have an issue with your character not being accepted, all admin and mods are open to PM's or messages in the chatbox asking them to accept a character.
Sometimes topics and posts get lost.
While your concerns are noted, they were not conveyed in the proper manner. A PM to a staff member or a message in the suggestion box and not a rude remark in a News Update would have been more appropriate.

I, personally, don't like asking the staff members to accept my character, unless it's been ignored. And it has. It's been skipped over before. That's when I ask, but only then. I also remember getting really annoyed when I would, as a moderator, get really annoyed when I logged onto the chat box (being the only staff member online) and get bombed with "LOOK AT MY CHARACTER!"'s and "Hey, Jess, can you look at my character?"'s. Sometimes, I even got bomber with private messages. ^ ^
Back to top Go down
Katie Firebird
Experienced Poster
Katie Firebird

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 1:23 am

Did any of you actually read what we posted.. None of us were attacking each other. We didn't insult one another so how it came off that way after we were asked that and said no and stated our intentions is beyond me.

I have respect for the staff. CHB hasn't been the only giant forum that I've admined. Since then I've had two big Admin responsibilities. I have so much experience I sometimes use it to brag. You need to differentiate what is personal and what is business.

There's a poker saying that goes, at the table we're mortal enemies. But when we walk away we're friends again.

However, if you make things personal at the table. It comes back to bite you afterwards. And maybe it doesn't let go after one bite, maybe it keeps biting you over and over again. So fix it. The thing that you will come across most often and that hurts people the most is misinterpretation. It's destroyed many friendships that I have personally had and I've watched it kill others as well.

There are no bad guys. There are no good guys. There are simply people doing what they think is the right thing for them to do. Maybe I'm writing this because I'm tired, maybe it's because I'm sick of all the finger pointing that is STILL going on between certain staff and certain members. I don't come here often but when I do I see it everywhere.

I got nothing more to add to this post. Here's a taco.
Discussion Relocation Mister_taco

Don't respond with an argument. It's A) Invalidated by the taco and B) Unwanted, C) Unfounded, and from experience, D) making things worse.
Back to top Go down
http://thehungergamesrp.forumotion.com
Prince Hawk

Prince Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 27, 2012 2:02 am

There is a way to make things easier for the staff while approving charries. Make a special forum in the Character forms Forum for unapproved charries, and when some one makes a new charrie they post it in the unapproved charrie thread, and then when an admin approves it, they move that topic into the approved charrie section. That way the approved charries are seperated from the unapproved charries.
Back to top Go down
http://jyhswrites.blogspot.ca/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Discussion Relocation   Discussion Relocation I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Discussion Relocation
Page 1 of 1