Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) Empty
PostSubject: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:11 am

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) 8be5141d02188a01f81fe0baaa296d03

The woods had grown colder when I passed a massive oak. But I kept walking. It wasn't like I was that far away from Camp.
The forest seemed alive with wildlife. Hopefully just the normal variety though.
A rustle in a bush behind me, made me turn and nearly fall. A shadowed figure came out, brushing off her hair, and I realized who it was.
'Buffy? What are you doing here?' I asked, breathing a sigh of relief.
'I saw ya leaving. Thought I would follow. Your a hard one to keep track of.'
'Yeah. Well bye. No need for ya to stay,' I made a shooing motion, and she laughed.
'I'll stay. Fire and Ice.'
Mumbling curses under my breath, I continued walking, ignoring the blond girls babbling. Today, I was wearing a simple red top, with denim three quarter lengths.
Buffy was wearing a white jumper that seemed pink when she moved, and jeans.

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) Ddb001ff2f5302e65ddf6d2707a57330

Two girls. Demigods. Walking all alone in the woods.
Stalking them from the shadows, the hellhound growled slightly. Soon. But there were more. Another monster. Two maybe. And more demigods. It could smell them.

Buffy - Cyan
Kendra - #663366

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:15 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://tombraiders.tumblr.com
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 8:52 am

I walked through the dI quietly stalked through the unfamilliar trees I was in right now. I was a few hundred feet outside of the camps boundaries. I didn't have any natural landmarks, so I carved an arrow pointing towards camp, so that I didn't get lost. I scaled a tree, to get my bearings, and I saw kendra and a different girl walking in the woods aswell. I walked to them and said "hey kendra and other girl" I got down from the tree and walked towards them waving at them.

I walked through the forest, looking for a change in scenery from camp. I made a lot of noise walking in the woods, because I wasn't use to the uneven Terrain that was under my feet. I tripped over a root, not paying attention where I was going. Nothing major, I just scratched myself on the bark of the oak. I saw a boy waving at someone and walked towards him. "Hey. I'm Cameron." He turned around towards me "I'm Joseph."I walked closer to him, and saw who he was waving at.

[color=cyan]I walked through the thick trees, withe my hands in my pockets and my goodies pulled up around my face. I had just left camps borders, going on a walk for no real reason. Camp got boring sometimes I guess. I heard talking somewhere towards my right, so, I walked towards where I thought it was coming from. There, I saw Buffy, another girl and some people behind her. I thought to myself way to go Taylor. You walked starlight towards people.[/lcolor]

Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:21 am

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) 8fXsw

"I think Jay would be an apt choice. He takes a joke well." Conrad suggested, strolling beside his friend, hands in his pockets, relaxed in the refreshing night air. He looked around at the undergrowth on the forest floor, telekinetically removing the vines in their way. He could feel some other demigods ahead of them, and was about to change direction when Cookie nudged him forward again.

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) YcnqV

"Hmmm.. But he won't be in camp tomorrow. He's out taking his driving test. And come on, I wonder who would be in the forest at this time of the day." Cookie reminded, then added, kicking playfully at a nearby bush laden with dewdrops. The water dripped off and sprinkled them both with a cool spray. She was familiar with the forest, since she frequented it almost daily. They both then stepped through the trees and saw a small 'gathering' in the forest clearing. "Oh hallo." Cookie said, greeting them.

Last edited by Ditto~ on Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:28 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://shadow-charmer.deviantart.com/
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:25 am

Elena Roberts

I was just walking around the woods just outside of camp, It sort of changed a little though somehow, anyway I was just walking "alone" until I heard voices, It was familiar though, I went nearer until I could see some people talking, I could name most of them, Buffy, Kendra, Joseph, Taylor, Conrad, Cookie and Cameron. I wonder why they're all here? I was planning to spy on them, until I stepped on some sticks. So much for spying. So I walked out of the trees and bushes and said "Um, sorry for popping in, but what is going on here?"
Back to top Go down
http://ruskayatheawesome.tumblr.com

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:41 am

Everybody has a dark side. Do you love me? Even with mine?

Ariel "Nobody" Stevens was walking. An ordinary activity. Something which was normal to her. She liked walking. It reminded her of the time she spent traveling with her brother, Anyone. Nobody was dressed for a run. Meaning she was dressed in her favourite pre-ripped skinny jeans, her navy blue shirt under a white and light blue hoodie with the sleeves rolled up to her elbows. The girl had decided to explore the woods, her backpack on her shoulder and her twin blades on her side.

Nobody kept hearing crunch noises and had thought it was just her. The odd rustle was probably just the wind. She compared the current state of things to the calm before the storm. She heard voices and, curious, she approached them. She didn't really know what to expect but she knew it was people. There she found them, a group of them. She came into plain sight of them and mentally cursed herself. Ugh! Ariel, you're an idiot. You should have taken cover in the trees! she thought to herself and then called out to them, "Hey. What're you all doing out here?"
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:59 am

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) 897254a134d3a3d53848d002a3439e35

I smiled at all the people. I knew a lot of them without being introduced. Of course there was Kendra. But there was Elena, Cookie, Conrad, Cameron and Taylor.
'Just out for a walk myself. Buffy Summers, Daughter of Khione,' I smiled, and introduced myself to the people I didn't know.
Kendra seemed to be trying to blend into the shadows. She usually did when around lots of people, but she should get more friends.
Drawing attention to her, I nodded.
'That's Kendra Lehane. Daughter of Hecate. She has freaky fire control and telekinesis. I wish I had that,' I muttered the last part, but quickly came back and laughed lightly.

[Kendra Lehane - Hecate]

Great. Just my luck that Buffy would draw attention to me. But smiling as if there was nothing wrong, I looked from each person to the other.
'She's right. I mean, I'm Kendra Lehane, Daughter of Hecate. But I don't have the powers that she makes out,' looking pointedly at Buffy for a moment, then I looked down, and kicked at a few leaves.
'She does. But she doesn't admit it,' Buffy insisted.
Ignoring her, I kept kicking at the leaves.

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) Fe8bc60d2158651c617d518eec3ccfaa

Slowly, I circled around, watching the people. I knew them, but I wasn't gonna go in just yet. Today, I had decided to wear a black halter top and denim jeans. Kinda muted for my usual style, but I was only going to walk around the forest.
Watching as Buffy Summers embarrassed Kendra Lehane, I felt like smiling. The poor girl. The others, well I knew them all. Conrad. Cookie, Elena, Ariel, Cameron, Taylor and Joseph.
Watching, I walked a few more meters, and watched from beside a large Weeping Willow tree.

Last edited by Faith Lehane on Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:12 am

The manticore, walked around a circle of trees, smelling a very very strong scent of demigod nearby. It walked towards it, its nose high in the air, sniffing for the scent. It came across a very large grouping of them standing around eachother. It walked around them hiding behind the trees. It flicked its tail back and forth impatiently, waiting for a good time to attack the half-bloods. It smelled several other monsters around but ignored them. It didn't want to miss it's chance to kill my prey
Back to top Go down
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:38 am

Conrad sensed something wrong, on the alert, which was why he did not stop to greet the other demigods. He sent his thoughts out, coming into contact with the other demigods', not that any could actually feel it, and then resting on the alien thoughts of different creatures in the forest. I became apparent to him that a few creatures were stalking the group, probably in prospect of a tasty meal. He then pondered on whether or not to warn the group, either way not really mattering much to him. They'd find out anyway.

"I'm Cookie, daughter of Hypnos,"
Cookie introduced herself, smiling and about to walk forward when she felt Conrad tense up. Instinctively, she stuck her hand into her pocket, feeling for her weapon. But she continued saying anyway, "Nice to meet you guys. Oh hai again Buffy." She then nudged him to introduced himself.

Conrad considered the group for a second, then gave a brief smile and said, "I'm Conrad."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 10:51 am

Nobody shrugged. She was fine as long as nobody said her real name. Assuming if anyone knew it. Nobody tied her hair up and bit her lip. Be polite, Ariel! Be polite. I can't. I can't do it. Don't kill any of them and you'll be fine. I didn't even mean to kill Daniel! Shush and introduce yourself. Now. Fine.

"I'm Nobody," said the girl and waited for the jokes.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:07 am

[Kendra Lehane - Hecate]

I noticed that Conrad tensed, but kept my head down. When "Nobody" introduced herself. Strange name. Probably a nickname. Okay. Defiantly a nickname. Or at least I hoped.
Swallowing, I looked up and smiled at the girl.
'Nice to meet you. Strange nickname,' I said, ducking my head quickly.
Buffy looked confused, but when I said "Nickname" she laughed.
'I thought it was you're real name! I was wrong.'

[Buffy Anne Summers - Khione]

The girl had a weird name. But I suppose, everyone to their own.
I heard a few leaves rustle, and my head snapped to the side. In the forest, anything that moved was pretty much something that could kill you.
'So. Everyone's just out for a walk,' I muttered, but tried to smile.
Looking into the darkness, I thought I saw movement. But even as I thought it, I shook the feeling away.
'You okay Buff?' Kendra asked, touching my arm.
Looking to her, I smiled and nodded.

[Vivienne Emma Elizabeth - Amphitrite]

There. A definite movement in the shadow. I couldn't move from behind the tree though, because there were more than enough people who could see me.
Drawing my knife, with only a slight little sound, I stared, waiting to see was it something I should be worried about.
When nothing else moved, I sighed lightly, and replaced my knife in time to hear Kendra ask Buffy was she okay.
Watching the others again, I tried to shake the feeling that something was watching me.

[Hell-Hound]

The girl pulled her knife, and watched for a moment. Then, replacing it, she turned. The perfect time to kill her.
But there was another monster. This time closer than before.
Shadow travelling to a few tree's away, the hell-hound came face to face with a manticore.
Almost as big as it, the manticore kept its eyes on it.
Growling, the hell-hound shadow traveled back to the place before, well aware that now it had competition.
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:47 am

I looked around, surrounded by many people all toking and generally making noise. I knew we were outside of camp, and our smell must be strong, with all of us grouped together. I heard a very loud rustle, and saw a huge manticore pouncing towards me. I dive rolled to the side, and just as I did the thing landed where I was at before. It shot its spines at me, time after time and dodged them for habit, until one hit me on the shoulder. I pulled it out and thought I hope one of us is a healer. I finally found an opening and charged it, stabbing at it. I hit its shoulder, causing it to roar in pain. I ran from it, scurrying ul a tree and moving through them trying to avoid it. I get hit by another spine jumping to a different tree in my other arm and one of my legs.

The manticore, gave up on Joseph, and turned towards us. I started to back up, pulling my bow off of my shoulder. I pulled an ice arrow out and shot at the beginning of its tail, trying to at least temporarily immobilize it. When I did it moved, and shot it's ribcage. It wouldn't disable it but it would cause some pain. The ice that spread around the sou d stopped growing, and I tore it off of the manticore for my use. I turned it into about ten ice spikes. I forced them back at the manticore,

[color=green]I came from behind the manticore, trying to cut it'stail off. Before I could it shot at me with it's tail in the thigh. Then it bashed me in the face with its tail. I stood back up, and ran around to its lactic. I swine at it it with thundercloud, taking of its bottom left leg. It howled In pain, spilling blood onto the ground I went to move, but I was knocked down by its other paw, and it knocked me down. It growled at me and began to pounce.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 11:56 am

Nobody,s knives were in her hand before one could say "phantasmagoria" or "oh my gods! A manticore!" Whirling toward the monster, Nobody did the first thing that came to mind and hid. She needed to have a clear mind. She escaped up into a willow tree with ease and breathed slowly for a moment. Her knives made her calmer. Her knives anchored her. It was like she could hear her heartbeat for a few moments before she sprung into action. She had to dodge. Hopefully, she won't get hurt. The word hopefully meaning a lot more than usual.
Back to top Go down
lara croft
Vampire Slayer
lara croft

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 12:21 pm

[Buffy Anne Summers - Khione]

Before Kendra could even react, and that girl had some serious reactions, I was holding my sword. It had come from my silver Claddagh ring, and already the temperature had dropped by more than 10 degrees.
'Kendra! You could, maybe, possibly help here!' I shouted, running around, trying to find an opening in the Manticore's defenses.
Throwing one hand at the thing, I threw a cold spell at it. Freezing for an instant, I made a move, but feeling faint, I barely even made a small scrap before it unfroze.
'I can try again if you guys can get at its defenses!' I screamed to the others.

[Kendra Lehane - Hecate]

Unfreezing when I saw the thing get frozen, I pulled my crossbow from my back.
Loading a bolt into it, I let it fly, hitting the thing just in the back flank. Cursing in Greek, I held out my palm. Summoning a handful of fire, I rounded it into a little ball, and threw it, catching it on the left ear.
The manticore screamed in pain, and lunged towards me, but sending out a mental flare, I push it back with telekinesis.
'Stay back you over grown mutant dog,' I shouted, moving back.
I walked into a person, and turned, expecting one of the others. But it was a girl I didn't know.
'Wh-' I got cut off as she pulled two knives out.
'Vivienne Emma Elizabeth. Amphitrite,' she screamed back, already gone, jumping at the thing.

[Vivienne Emma Elizabeth - Amphitrite]

Stupid. Stupid. Stupid. That was all that was going around my head.
Should have known.
The girl backed into me, and I screamed my name at her before she could ask. Pulling my knives, I jumped at the thing, landing on its back.
The manticore bucked, and I stabbed it three times in the back before it threw me off. Hitting a tree, I didn't have time to black out. Just after I moved my head, a spike hit the place where it had been.
The girl, Kendra, let another bolt fly, followed by another fire-ball. Handy. I just hoped she could keep it up.
Circling to on of the boys, Taylor, I think, I grabbed him and pulled him close, trying to talk over the noise.
'You. That other girl is a Khione camper too. Get to her. Concentrate. Both of you. And freeze the thing,' I finished, letting him go, and jumping the thing again.
This time I wasn't lucky, and a spike hit me in my forearm.
Tears welled in my eyes from the pain, and the poison was already causing me too much pain. But I wasn't able to stay still.
On the move again, I passed Buffy and Kendra, Nobody and Conrad. Trying to get another chance. Hoping Taylor would get to Buffy. Listen to me.

Vivienne = #00CCCC
Back to top Go down
camcam9999
Bacon Lord
camcam9999

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 9:50 pm

I ran over, towards ky favorite sister and stood beside her. The manticore shot at me again, landing one into my leg. I knelt down, forced by the extreme searing pain of my new injury. I looked at Buffy, and counted down from 3 when I reached 1 , I began /o shoot an icy wind at the thing, trying to freezenit into a solid block of manticore ice ice.

The manticore, began to focus its attention elsewhere, do to the ice Taylor was shooting the thing with, so I rolled away to the side. The manticore put its paw down, crushing my sword arm. I cursed and I pulled my arm from under it. I howled in pain, from pulling my arm out of the weight, and the venom coursing through my veins. I ran to where the others where, and collapsed to my knees. "Can someone here help me?"

I waited in the trees, no longer noticed by the monster below. I gritted my teeth, and let my tears fall, trying to suppress my noise to avoid being seen by the beast. I moved over several trees, until I was above the monster. I allowed the blade on my left arm, the one that wasn't shot, out and prepared to ounce. I aimed for the neck, attempting to hit the juggular. I leapt from the tree, sticking my left hand out towards the things neck. When I hit it, id didn't die yet, but it thrashed around like a bull trying to throw me off of its back. I took my blade out of its neck not bothering to suppress my cries of pain anymore, and stabbed it with both hands repeatedly. I stuck my hand aground it's neck, just where it couldn't but me, and spit its throat. It roared one last time, and the exploded into dust, leaving behind only a few Leicester of its tail and some spikes. "It's dea..." I said just before I passed out.
Back to top Go down
Pinky

Pinky

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 4:38 am

Empousai

Heh, it was a good idea to wait for them to tire out before she could attack them, but it was Kronos's idea when you think about it, anyway, she was hiding near the trees, waiting for the monsters to tire the delicious campers out, but she was getting impatient.

Elena Roberts

In the craziness of this battle, I wasn't sure what to do, I was just attacking the manticore there, the manticore over there, then the manticore over there, I just went back and forth attacking the monsters at random, but I helped with the manticore , but I was doing a pretty great job I guess.

(do you think that elena could get accidentally bitten by the manticore, and get poisoned [but she won't die] and then somebody would help her? any volunteers?)
Back to top Go down
http://ruskayatheawesome.tumblr.com
summer
Devils' Advocate
summer

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:08 am

Conrad watched the ruckus, still on the alert, but he didn't feel the need to step in. They could hold their own. Then Cookie moved forward, as if to head towards the fighting, but Conrad put a restraining hand on her arm. "Not today. You've already done it once." He reminded her, leaning back against a tree. He could feel more monsters around them, as well a friend heading their way.

Cookie was about to eagerly dash forward when Conrad stopped her. Oh well, I've ridden a manticore before... she told herself. "But it was kind of fun..." She said longingly. She saw Conrad shoot her a Seriously? look and shrugged it off. There would be more chances next time. "You think we should help them?" But even as she asked that question, she saw the manticore get frozen and then destroyed.

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) WetsI

Amber was heading deeper into the forest, unaware of exactly where she was going, following some instinct that had been bugging her since the week before. Then she felt a heavy step nearby, and reached for her magic lighter. Maybe just my nerves... she thought, when nothing came out to confront her, and she continued forward, to where she thought she could hear voices a few hundred metres ahead.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:00 pm

Nobody drew one of her knives in plain sight. She kept the ther one hidden like a secret weapon. She was planning on a distraction of some sorts. But she couldn't scream Oi! Ugly! Your mother is so fat her belt size is equator! The Manticore wouldn't be able to understand her. Or it would and then it would kill her. Nobody growled a little at herself and darted out of the way as more and more spikes came her way. They missed her very narrowly. She cussed and ran for a tree again, hiding behind it. New plan, Ariel. GET CLOSER THEN TRY AND KILL IT! "Oh jeez..."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)   Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hellhound, Empusa and Manticore to Boot (Cam, Pinky, Summer and Shan)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: