Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] Empty
PostSubject: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 10:23 pm

Alex Ian Montgomery

Alex took another sip of his drink, staring into space. Back then, he would've been dancing and bobbing his head to the music, but everything was different now. He was a druggie, just like his mother, and if he ended up like her, there wouldn't be much difference. He had lost his radiance and self confidence that most people enjoyed being around him for, and he was a mess in general. That happy, carefree mask he had on at camp was gone, completely disintegrated. It wasn't like anyone cared anyways.

As he stirred the little stir stick in his drink, he thought about a million things that he didn't even know that he was thinking about. He was just... thinking. He wondered about so many things, yet he didn't even realize it. He was well... hollow. Most people just ignored him and deemed him another boy that was sulking about something like a girlfriend dumping him. If only they knew how wrong they were. How he really had a reason to sulk around at a bar unlike most of the other sulking men at the club.

He looked older, the void in his empty and half drunk eyes making most people think that he was at least 24. He was 17. It was quite sad, actually, but he didn't care. He could only question why he couldn't just join his mother in Hades. It wasn't like he was any better than any of them. He took another long sip from the orange coloured drink, and he rotated his wrist with the drink in his hand, causing the ice to clink lightly against the illuminating glass.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 18, 2012 11:17 pm

ooc; the setting's a bar right? okay. fine.

this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] Tumblr_m3bwklcVr21rrhi9zo3_250

Ruthie Marie Valentine

Ruthie was the kind of girl that could go to a bar alone all dressed up and get bought drinks by any man there. Partly because she was a daughter of Aphrodite and partly because, well, she was just that kind of girl. The sixteen year old looked like she could pass for roughly eighteen, but males would buy her drinks no matter what her age. The daughter of Aphrodite wore a worried expression as she sat alone at her table, glancing at her watch and then to the door. He was obviously not going to show up anytime soon so I might as just give up, she thought to herself, looking down at her water and an unappetizing salad.

Ruthie glanced up from her food and drink and looked around the place. It was pretty much empty, she noted to herself with a sigh. And it was almost ten o'clock. He wasn't coming. Ruthie heaved a another large sigh and stood from her booth, grabbing her purse and leather jacket from beside her. She quickly stuffed a few bites of salad into her mouth and swallowed a few gulps of water so she wouldn't look like she was wasting food. Although it was a restaurant and she was sure that they wouldn't care, Ruthie was born in 1918; so she always finished her food or at least ate some of it. She swallowed and padded over to the bar to pay her bill, her heels clicking on the floor.

"Can I get my check please?" The beautiful daughter of Aphrodite asked the older bartender. He gave a warm smile and asked, "Your date not show?" His Russian accent was thick and Ruthie shook her head, no. Tears threatening to fall. She was an easy-crier. The bartender turned his back on Ruthie to give her the check and Ruthie took this moment to dab at her eyes lightly with her jacket.

Last edited by Zan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 10:50 pm

Alex Ian Montgomery

Alex moved over by a seat and approached the girl. She was crying, and he decided to try and help by asking.  "What's wrong?" he asked her, taking a small sip from his orange drink. He would've made a comment about her being hot, but it just didn't seem like the appropriate time to pull a joke like that. Alex looked at her sincerely, when the bartender presented the cheque. "I'll pay for that." he said, taking out a 100$ bill. He wasn't a fan of giving exact change, it was a waste of time. 

The bartender gave him a questioning look and walked off to the other side of the counter to get the change. Alex wondered how long he had been waiting there for her date. It seemed like she'd been waiting for a long time, but how would he know? He was staring off into space the whole time, in his own little world of thought. He didn't notice anything outside of his own little bubble. He didn't even recall the music that had been playing a minute ago. 
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:23 am

Ruthie Marie Valentine

Her eyes flickered over to the boy on her left, leaning over and trying to pry into her social life and love life. Her instant reply to that was, 'Oh, you know, just some loser at a bar is prying into my love and social life,' but she resisted saying that, feeling the words burn on her tongue. "Nothing," she replied, looking away, her tears burning in her eyes and threatening to fall. She quickly wiped them away from her eyes, refusing to cry in front of a perfect stranger.

When he spoke the words, "I'll pay for that," Ruthie turned to him with a confused expression. They were strangers. He didn't know her and she didn't know him. She gazed at his face with an absolute astounded expression, in fact. "Wh-why... would you do that for me?" She finally spoke, her voice cracking a bit at the end and a tear falling. Stubbornly she wiped it away. Hey, in her defense, she had really liked this guy. She'd really been counting on him to actually show up. But, he was a player and she should've seen it coming.

"I mean, thank you and all, but..." Ruthie cut off as realization hit her. "Wait, do I know you?" Her astounded and sad expression all at once became confused again, the gears in her head practically working over time to dig up his face in her memory's archives.

Last edited by Zan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 6:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:46 pm

Alex Ian Montgomery

Alex shrugged, not really knowing why he chose to pay. Maybe he just felt like being nice today. Alex ran through his memory as she showed a look of recognition. He remembered, she had been in front of her in the offering line a week ago at the mess hall. "I'm from camp. The Dionysus cabin." he told her in ancient Greek. He was sure it was her, but he wasn't sure. If she understood her, then he was probably right. Alex took another sip of his drink casually and waited for her to take a seat. "So, what's wrong? You never answered my question." he said, turning and looking at her. 

Alex wondered if she thought of him as a freak, and whether she actually understood ancient greek or not. He could cover it up with lies, but he wasn't the best liar ever. He just couldn't lie. Period. Alex's attention focused back on the glass, tapping his fingers on the granite counter. His AD/HD was always there, and he would never be spared. He felt the heavy beat vibrating against the counter, asking him to dance. But he didn't, he turned it down. Dancing would mean memories, memories were something that he didn't welcome, right now. 
Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:04 pm

Ruthie Marie Valentine

Though, she didn't know Ancient Greek as well as most of the other campers, she knew Ancient Greek when she heard it. She gave a surprised little, "Oh!" sound. When he asked the second question, Ruthie's eyes started to water again, threatening to send a waterfall of tears over her face. "I was stood up," she said, looking up at the ceiling in an attempt to somehow make her tears go back into her eyes. Sighing as the first tear fell, Ruthie tossed her bag down on the counter and her jacket, too. "I can't believe he stood me up, too. I mean, what's wrong with me? Am I not pretty enough?" She asked, rhetorically of course.

"Although, I should've seen this coming, anyways. He was a player. Gosh, maybe I'm just stupid or something." She said, resting her elbows on the marble-top counter and her head in her hands. Ruthie's gaze was fixed on something behind the bar. From where the guy was sitting next to her, it probably looked like she was staring hungrily at a bottle of Vodka, when in reality she was just looking at the mirror behind it. She watched her own reflection for a few moments, just thinking about her date. Yeah, something was definitely wrong with him.

Last edited by Zan on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 7:56 pm

Alex Ian Montgomery

Alex raised his eyebrow at the girl. She seemed a bit too… dramatic. Maybe she should just stop overthinking everything and have more self-confidence. He set the glass on the counter, leaving it there for the bartender to collect the glass. He figured that her question was rhetorical, but he couldn’t help but think of a reply, ’You shouldn’t care what others think of you too much.’, but that would be complete hypocrisy. He himself cared a lot about what others thought of him.

He looked at the direction that she was staring in, and it seemed like she was staring at a bottle of vodka across the bar, but then he realised that she was staring straight past it, her eyes bore into the mirror. He stared at her reflection, mostly her chocolate brown eyes that seemed to be full of sadness because of one boy that stood her up. Alex felt that she was probably a daughter of a god or goddess that was very self-conscious of their image. Apollo, Aphrodite, Eros, Hedylogos, were some of the gods that came to mind, but she could’ve been a daughter of Athena, just a tad different than the rest of her siblings.

Alex told himself not to use stereotypes, but his mind was set that way, his brain wired that way. Besides, he liked to see stereotypes as general thoughts and opinion of modern day society. It just made him feel less guilty about judging someone by their looks, though he knew that he shouldn’t have been doing that, and it would hurt people. It was also common knowledge that he was a perfect example of a stereotype. He was a druggie, alcoholic, son of Dionysus whose mother passed away at a young age from drug abuse. It was pretty much expected of him to be a reckless partier and an alcoholic.

He wanted to ask her what she was doing, staring at the mirror for so long, but he decided against it. It would probably earn him a slap to the face. He didn’t plan on going back to camp with a swollen cheek. He’d never been slapped by someone, but it probably hurt. It probably hurt a lot. Alex would prefer not to leave the bar before he felt like it anyways.

Back to top Go down
Zan
Mega Asshole Duo
Zan

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 9:07 pm

this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] Tumblr_m5vg0jLVPo1rpwd9j

Ruthie Marie Valentine

Her gaze flickered up from the mirror and then over to the boy. He hadn't said anything although he looked like he was in deep thought about something. Probably about what to say. Ruthie gave another dramatic sigh and lifted her head up to the bartender who was standing a few feet away, cleaning the inside of a tall glass with a dish-rag. "'Scuse me?" She asked, lifting her finger up. "Can I get a Diet Coke?"

The bartender gave a nod and disappeared behind a door. There was some distant noises behind the bar and he reappeared out of the bar, carrying a glass with ice and a straw and a silver can of Diet Coke. She would've preferred the gold can, but silver was just fine. As long as it was Diet. Ruthie never drank regular Coke. She found the stuff to hurt her teeth. Diet Coke was nice and sweet. Perfect for her. He set the can and the glass down on the counter and padded away, his leather shoes clicking on the floor.

Leather. Leather. 'Wait a minute...leather? He's a bartender. He can't afford leather shoes.' Ruthie's brows furrowed as she sneakily glanced down the inside shelf of the bar. There he was, standing down aways tending a woman and flirting with her. She narrowed her eyes. They were Gucci lace-up shoes with dimante detail. Again, her eyes narrowed. A bartender couldn't afford those shoes. They were six hundred dollar shoes roughly. Ruthie grinded her teeth together and looked down into her glass at the ice. A light, powder was sprinkled on the top of her ice.

She shook her head and reached over and touched the arm of the guy sitting next to her. Quietly, she tilted the glass so he could see into it and flicked her head towards the door in a 'We should go' type of motion. She grabbed the can of Diet Coke and slipped it into her bag, grabbing her jacket as well.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]   this is what I do in my spare time [z a n] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

this is what I do in my spare time [z a n]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: