Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Smut Issue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Angel
The Puppet Master
Angel

Smut Issue Empty
PostSubject: Smut Issue   Smut Issue I_icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 4:42 pm

Alright, so there's quite a few big issues that have surfaced within the past five minutes. One that I'm going to be discussing, and the one that I think is the most urgent, is the talk of smut on the chatbox. How those who don't know what smut is, it's a slang term for sexually based writing, and it is far too inappropriate to discuss on the chatbox and is against the rules. Now as some of you may know, late at night the rules of the chatbox tend to...well slack a little. At 3am it's usually the older members that are on, and the conversations can get a little crazy.
In the past, these kind of things have only been discussed late at night, and it was brief. However, within the past week, they have been discussed openly with new, young members present in the chatbox. I've had quite a few members express their discomfort with the topics discussed. Links have been posted to smutfics, and members (some staff) have openly discussed the on-going smut they are writing together.
I'm ashamed to say that I have taken part in this. Being 18 I am not uncomfortable with mature topics, but that is not an excuse for discussing such things openly. I'm here to say that it needs to stop. We have rules set in place. Rules that specifically say that such things should not be discussed and that it is punishable if they are. Yet those rules are not being enforced.
One of our beloved members, Brenny, is forbid from returning to CHB. His mother saw a conversation on the chatbox and what was everyone talking about? Smut.
This is a PG site. Not even PG-13! We have 11 year old members! It's family friendly, or at least it's supposed to be. It takes every single person on this site to decide that they no longer want to be discussing this sort of thing. It makes people uncomfortable, and if it gets too out of hand it can get CHB deleted from forumotion.
Yes that's right, these aren't our rules. Forumotion as our host site has rules set that state that explicit content is illegal and will result in deletion of the site. We're not there yet, but do we really want it to get that far?
I say no. I want the inappropriate conversations to end. Keep it in PM or keep it in your pants.

There are a few other issues that are floating around, all of which I will be PM'ing the admin about. There is no need to discuss them here because none of us, that are aware of what else is going on, know any facts yet. For those of you that know what I'm talking about, please respect these wishes of mine and keep it to yourself until the time comes and we have more information. For those of you that don't know, please don't ask. Because my answer will be "Nothing you should worry about."

Also, while we're here, admin. You guys really need to be active. I know that you have lives and I know that things are busy, but if that's the case promote someone who will be active. Because right now we only have one administrator that is getting online, and that's Zan. We. Need. More. Admin. Being a past one myself I am usually very understanding with this issue. I know that the admin position is stressful and sometimes you need to get away, but come on! I know, I know. Summer camp, family this, excuse that, but seriously! If you guys aren't going to be on we understand, but promote someone for Christ's sake! You guys are my friends, I care about all of you and you're a great admin team, but either wake up or get off your high horse and get some help! I'm sorry to word it that way and I'm sorry if it's disrespectful, but these members need at least three admin active or this site isn't going to be successful.

- Angel
Back to top Go down
http://z13.invisionfree.com/Adelphia/index.php?

Smut Issue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: