Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Scheduled Submission

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

Scheduled Submission Empty
PostSubject: Scheduled Submission   Scheduled Submission I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:34 pm

The Idea: Scheduled Canon Application Submission

A. Example and Procedure

Let's say User A wants to submit a canon application for Hera. The normal procedure would be for her (let's just say the user's gender is female) to fill out the application form and to private message the form to an admin. While this procedure is organized and highly sufficient, I'd like to propose a 'schedule' of sorts for certain characters' canon applications.

Assuming this idea is implemented, User A would check a thread for available canon characters and their respective application submission dates. Hera applications are scheduled on May 26-27, 2012. User A then submits it during the given time frame. Simple enough, right? However, if the admins receive less than the minimum number of apps they require (whatever that number is) or are unsatisfied with the content of the applications, they may choose to allot another set of dates for Hera applications-- like May 28-29, 2012 for example. User B (a male user this time) decides to send in his Hera canon form, and so do a few other users. The admins may now close 'collection period' and start deliberation which, may I suggest, should last around a week or two. Then, when all is said and done, the staff may announce the new canon roleplayers.

To simplify things:

• User A submits Hera app on scheduled collection period

Scenario A:
    • Admins receive ideal number of apps with acceptable content and head into one week or two week deliberation
    Scenario B:
    • Admins schedule another collection period (if still unsatisfied, they may schedule successive dates for canon app submission)

• Deliberation is held
• Canons are announced

B. Additional Suggestions

I believe that schedules should be posted in one thread, along with an updated list of available canon characters. Also, if possible, please set a deliberation period so that members may have an idea on when the new canon roleplayers will be announced. And, just for organization's sake, perhaps it would be wise to hold only a maximum of three overlapping canon app collection dates (e.g. Hera May 27-28, 2012, Grover Underwood, May 26-29, 2012, etc)? We wouldn't want our admins overloaded with application forms. Lastly, please hold a last minute collection period for those who wish but failed to submit their applications (maybe last minute collection can be requested; this is debatable).

Have a great day!

Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Submission   Scheduled Submission I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:40 pm

I like the idea of this, but that might mean some people are waiting forever to even send in their canon app. :C
Back to top Go down
maddie ☹
Grammar Police
maddie ☹

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Submission   Scheduled Submission I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:45 pm

I think this idea is amazing~ If I may suggest that there are only a certain amount of canons that are open for people to audition for at a time? I don't know how to put this, but let's just say about 7-12 canons are eligible for people to audition for and they all are accepted at the same time (with an application closing date before that, too). Call these batches, if you will. That way, people know when and who they can audition for easily. Basically what you said, but just grouped up and stuff. Also, if some of the cannons in a group are not successfully filled out, stick 'em in another group/push back only those accepting dates.
Back to top Go down
Pink
Angel's Bestie ;D

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Submission   Scheduled Submission I_icon_minitimeFri May 25, 2012 11:51 pm

That is a risk, Sni. Although I believe that it could be avoided altogether if collection period is scheduled sooner rather than later, and with a larger time frame (e.g May 25-30). But that's just me hehe.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Submission   Scheduled Submission I_icon_minitimeSat May 26, 2012 12:08 am

If it can be done quickly with multiple canons available at a time, I see this working out nicely.

Plan the dates ahead of time so that if someone is on vacation during the open slot for the canon they want, they can pm it early to admins or something.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scheduled Submission   Scheduled Submission I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scheduled Submission
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Community :: Suggestion Box-
Jump to: