Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
DawnWild16

Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} Empty
PostSubject: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 9:03 am

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

Serena dipped her feet onto the cool water as the gentle breeze caused her hair to go to her face. It was about 4 am in the morning, but she couldn't sleep because today was her mother's death anniversary. She didn't know how she was like as a person because she died when Serena was just a baby. It's as if she never met her, but that didn't stop Serena from loving her mom because she felt like she was a good person.

Though her half sisters and brothers were nice to her, she still felt as if she was alone. She dug her toes deeper into the sand with her eyebrows knitting together. She closed her eyes and hugged her knees, with only a single thought in her mind.

Mom....
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:18 pm

love is a gun; you're loading my heart with ammunition.

Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} Tumblr_lzuvcuoKz21rpx2ogo1_500

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Alec was seriously bored of Camp Half-Blood. He’s been walking aimlessly for an hour and had yet to find something to do. He debated whether or not he should leave to New York again, but he remembered what happened last time he did. He rubbed the spot on his neck where the blade was pressed against a few nights ago. So not doing that again.

That girl was sitting on the shore of the beach, her toes submerged in the sand. It was that girl, Serena Vaille. The daughter of Apollo. The girl Alec couldn’t stop thinking about.

He pushed his aviator sunglasses further up his nose and walked down the sands. Plopping down on the ground, he decided to stay a good distance away from Serena. Zeus knows what she’d do to him after what he said last time. Lying down on the sand, he closed his eyes and started to daydream.

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 11:52 pm

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

Serena heard light footsteps coming from behind her. Okay, who could possibly be up in 4 am in the morning? She hoped to have a little bit of privacy but that won't work out, since there's already someone here. She turned to see who it was without moving from where she sat.

Oh...It's him again. Alec Sanford. He was lying down on the sand with a distance from her. She thought about it if she would talk to him or just let him be, but she grew curious about him. Serena had to admit he was handsome in yet he refuses to socialize with people. That's kind of strange for a guy, normally the people that has those looks abuse them.

She decided to go with the first option and stood up and sat beside him. Maybe he had a past that has been as bad as hers.

"So what brings you here so early in the morning?"
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:04 am

love is a gun; you're loading my heart with ammunition.

Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} Tumblr_lzuvcuoKz21rpx2ogo1_500

ALEC SANFORD
son of khione

Then he heard it. Serena started speaking to Alec yet again. He turned over to her and smirked. She looked pretty, especially with the light from the rising sun. But then again, when didn’t she?

“Couldn’t sleep.” he shrugged. “How ‘bout you?”

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 1:09 am

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

Serena stared at Alec for awhile, thinking if she should tell him what she was doing in the beach.
I guess I could, but it's not like he'd care.

"Same, I can't sleep.I'm just here to clear my mind." She said without much emotion. She could probably get this guy to talk about what happened in his past without spilling her own.

"This might sound so suddenly to to you," she nervously laughed. " But why don't you like talking with people, you always seem so angry at the world..." Then she realized how stupid and straightforward that sounded.

gods! I hardly know this guy and I'm demanding to ask him what his past was... She looked away from his face, not wanting to see his reaction. He'll probably freeze the beach up if he got angry. Horrified by the thought, she apologized.
"I'm sorry about that, I guess I'll go back minding my buisness," she said, rather awkwardly.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 5:19 am

Alec fixed Serena under his cold stare, his icy blue eyes following her movements. She was so intriguing to him. He wished that he could get inside her head.

“Relax,” he said, chuckling softly. “I’m not gonna bite you, mate.”

He looked down at the sand, his dark hair falling in between his eyes. Out of boredom, he started make little icicles appear on the ground. He picked one up and rolled it in between his fingers. They looked like crystals or little diamonds. And with one thought, he made it melt with his touch.

“If you had a life like mine,” he started, flicking his bangs to the side. “You’d have no choice than to hate the world. Growing up with cruel parents, dating witches and dealing with the pressures of school. Yeah, it made me wonder why the gods let me have this life.”

He touched the sand, which resulted in the icicles sinking into the ground. “Actually, I noticed that a lot of the kids here didn’t have the best lives either. It made me think if the gods really love us and if they do, why the hell do they make us suffer.”

alec sanford

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. It could be for the last time and it's not right. Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said. Alone and far from home I'll find you. Sing me to sleep. I'll see you in my dreams. Waiting to say, I miss you. I'm so sorry. Forever never seemed so long; as when you're not around it's like a piece of me is missing.

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 6:10 am

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

Serena kept her eyes on his face while he answered her questions, with her eyes occasionally drifting to his hands as he froze and melted the small ice particles he created in the sand.

"Maybe the gods have their reasons, but with what you just said... You've started to convince me as well." Serena smiled genuinley at him.
She hugged her knees again, thinking about how could Apollo just let her grow up without showing himself to her at least.

Growing up in a foster house, with no one willing to adopt her because of her strange abilities as a result of her being a demigod. She sighed at the memories she left there.
"Yeah I guess you have the right to feel that way, I had a pretty bad past myself."
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 8:33 am

Alec shot Serena knowing look before looking out into the ocean. The rising sun reflected on the water, the sky streaked with orange and pink. It was absolutely beautiful.

“I’m not hating on the gods,” he corrected. “I reckon that they keep an eye on each on of us. I guess they just don’t know how to show their love for us. Some people don’t,” he muttered.

His expression turned sour. His parents claimed that they sent him to the United States for his own benefit, because they loved him. They obviously love their perfect family more, he thought.

Keep your pecker up, you muppet, he told himself in his head. One day, I’ll forget all about this and live happily, he promised.

“Don’t let my spazzy opinions get to your head,” Alec advised, smiling slightly at Serena. “They’re foolish.”

He licked his lips. Thinking of a new topic to talk about. Alec didn’t want her to turn out like the demigods who turned against their parents. Sure, he slags them off at times, but he would never go against the Olympians.

“What do you wanna be when you grow up?”

alec sanford

Make it a sweet, sweet goodbye. It could be for the last time and it's not right. Don't let yourself get in over your head, he said. Alone and far from home I'll find you. Sing me to sleep. I'll see you in my dreams. Waiting to say, I miss you. I'm so sorry. Forever never seemed so long; as when you're not around it's like a piece of me is missing.

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:13 am

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

She looked at him slightly surprised. Serena thought at first that this guy was just another arrogant and self absorbed boy, but he looked like he had a soft side. She smiled at that thought.

Serena took awhile to answer his question. Sure she was good at arts and crafts but she didn't plan to make a living out of it. For her, it was confusing really. After they age, what will become of them? It wasn't like they were going to stay in camp forever.

"Probably a singer, I'm an Apollo kid after all." She looked away from him, not wanting Alec to see her a mild blush rush to her cheeks. It was probably because no one ever heard her sing before, she is actually pretty shy about it.

" 'How about you? I guess you at least have something in your mind."

Last edited by DawnWild16 on Tue Apr 17, 2012 10:09 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 9:59 am

It was expected that Serena’s desired profession would have something to do with the arts. Alec wondered how Serena’s voice sounded like. He had a feeling that it would blow him away.

“A singer, huh? Would you sing for me sometime?” he questioned, his smile growing wider. He genuinely wanted to hear her sing.

“Well, what do you think I wanna be?” Alec tested. “Someone who makes ice sculptures?” he joked, amused with himself.

He paused, looking down at his callused fingers. “I play the guitar. I’d love to be a musician one day. Maybe get into a band or something. I want to be in the entertainment industry,” he uttered.

“There are a lot of demigods who made it in Hollywood. The Beatles, William Shakespeare,” Alec recalled. “They’re children of Apollo, like most of them are. I’m sure you won’t have a problem getting big. But I’ve never heard of a son of Khione becoming a celebrity. I want to be one of the first.”

He daydreamed about how it must be like to be a celebrity. He loved music and wanted to do it for the rest of his life. Alec figured that it would be a way to contact his siblings. He could talk to them through his songs. But would they listen?

alec sanford

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 11:16 pm

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

Serena laughed at his little joke, the idea of Alec being an ice sculptor was hilarious. But the idea of him being in a band was more likely. He never heard him play or sing, but she wanted to know how good a Khione kid could be. Besides, he's got that band boy look; always with his leather jacket and aviators and all.

"Maybe you can hear me sing sometime else, but I want to hear you play! I always see you around with earphones and your iPod. I have a feeling you're pretty great yourself."

Alec was starting to become nicer to her, and more open for that matter. Maybe they could become friends despite their last encounter.

"You can get as big as other celebrities, everybody's got a chance." she smiled at him.
"Oh and Alec, you're a pretty cool guy, no pun intended, but you really are." She grinned at him again for awhile and looked back at the beach. It looked like the sun has risen fully.
Back to top Go down
annika.

annika.

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 12:07 am

Alec bit his lip. If he were to play something for Serena, what would it be? He thought about some possibilities from the thousands of songs he had in his iPod.

But looking at Serena, he couldn’t quite choose a song that would be perfect to her. She was just . . . different.

“I’ll tell you what,” he started, standing up and dusting off the sand from his jeans. “I’ll get back to you on that. I promise. And when I do, you promise to sing?”

Alec looked at her, studying her face, looking for sincerity in her words. And when he did, he pirouetted and started to walk away.

“Oh, and Serena?” he turned back around to face the daughter of Apollo from a distance. “It was nice talking to you today.”

And with that final note, he started to trudge back to Cabin 16 and think of something to do in his spare time.

He couldn’t believe it, but Alec finally found the inspiration.

It was time to write a song.

alec sanford

Back to top Go down
DawnWild16

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 18, 2012 1:22 am

SERENA VAILLE
Daughter of Apollo

Serena watched as Alec made his way back to the his cabin. She frowned when she realized that she had to sing in exchange to hear him play.

"What can I sing?" She whispered . She didn't want to make a fool out of herself because she hasn't sang in awhile and needed some practice. Even though it was a little bit too late, she waved goodbye and stood up from where she sat.

Majority of the songs I've heard in my lifetime are either love songs and getting heartbroken.... She shuddered by the thought of Alec teasing her if ever she does sing a song like that.

Great
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}   Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman} I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just Trying to Clear My Mind {Private with P. Sherman}
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: