Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

Promotion Complaints

Go down 
+3
wtfluffy
Ghost
Dan
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Dan
Secret Chinchilla Ninja
Secret Chinchilla Ninja

Promotion Complaints Empty
PostSubject: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 13, 2012 9:16 pm

"Why wasn't I promoted?"
"Do you hate me?"
"I'm obviously not good enough to be a mod or else I would have been promoted. I am an awful person."
"But I wanted to be a mod!"
"Where's my new purple color?"
"You don't want to be friends with me anymore because you didn't promote me."

These are just a few responses we've been receiving after the recent promotions. I confess myself I'm disappointed. Instead of being happy for the users who were promoted, some users have resorted to complaining about not being chosen to be promoted to a part of the Staff.

Let me get some things straight. We pick moderators (only a few at a time) based on certain qualities. Diligence, responsibility, thoughtfulness in handling a situation, having a leveled head, coordinating with users, handling conflicts well and with ease. These are probably aspects that all of you have heard time and time again - they are not to be taken for granted.

The administrators collectively decide on who should be promoted. Myself included. The administrator who posts the promotion announcement should not be the only one receiving these complaints, if any complaints at all (of which there should be NONE.) My respect for these users has dropped by a lot. Users should be excited and happy about the new mods, and if not, then they will suffer in silence.

Imagine how this makes the administrator receiving these ridiculous complaints. Pretty awful, huh? Yes. No administrator — and I mean not one single admin — picks moderators on favoritism. Nor do they not pick moderators because they "hate" the other users. Additionally, no user should feel that they are an awful person because they were not picked. So, what? Being a moderator, or any part of the Staff, is not that big of a deal. Yeah, you have a different color. Is that what the problem is? Because those are the complaints that a certain administrator received on the day the promotions were handed out and announced. A color is worthless. We could switch around the colors like nobody's business, where the members are blue and the admins are yellow. Would it make any difference? Not one bit.

Also consider the feelings of the moderators who were appointed. Do you think that they feel appreciated when there are others who feel that they would be awful at their job before they even get to moderate anything? Not at all.

I apologize for being so terribly blunt, but I hope those users feel ashamed of themselves for giving the administrators (one in particular) as well as the moderators such grief. This is not an okay thing to do, and if any administrator should hear of it again, there will be consequences.

Please think this entire post over and next time see how you feel about complaining that you weren't promoted to a moderator, if that's the case. I can tell you right now that any user who stated these comments are definitely not on my top pick for moderators next time around at the moment.

Thank you for reading and considering,
Dan and the rest of the Staff
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:08 pm

I'd love to say I'm just summarizing what sensibility on chatbox is really saying about the issue, but it's really a lot of my opinion. If you think that you deserve the position more than someone else and you're willing to fight and hassle administrators over it, you probably don't deserve the position, no offense meant. Why? First of all, you're already angry. You know that even if you're picked, you were only a second choice of sorts. And when you have that kind of 'it's not fair, you're not fair' attitude towards the admin, that makes you an incompatible mod because you don't respect the admin's decisions (wow, it just took me a full minute to spell that correctly.

Yes, I'm being terribly blunt and a bit aggressive on this stance, but I'm not aiming to hurt anyone. Just think about it, guys. Besides, moderator is a lot of work. Shouldn't we appreciate those who were promoted for being there for help instead of envying them for the extra workload? They don't even get that much power...

Last edited by ǥḩỡṧⱦ on Wed May 01, 2013 10:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 5:09 pm

I want to write something like this, but I don't feel like it.

So, what those two said, yeah.
Back to top Go down
welshy
out of town girl
welshy

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 14, 2012 6:10 pm

Amen to that.
Congrats again, Mods. I don't think half of us would be able to cope with the responsibility and extra work that your job needs, and all of us should respect you and the admins for taking on that to make CHB a more enjoyable site.
Thank you :3
Back to top Go down
wtfluffy

wtfluffy

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 5:21 pm

We should think of it like this:

They get another workload while us members do nothing, but enjoy the site. Be happy, lol. This is the Internet, don't get your panties in a bunch.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 6:12 pm

No, I think that moderator, unlike being cabin leader is not a popularity campaign. I think that the admins take a long time to consider people and they pick the best choice. By criticizing the person, then you're criticizing the admins too. They're only trying to help, and there's no need to complain. Actually, if you people suggest votes for mods, the people who are jealous may not even win. And telling the admins that they chose the wrong people make the chances for you to be promoted even lower. Though there will always be those people who are butthurt, I think that there's no need to complain about it all over the chatbox and dampen everyone's mood. rofl.

Though for those people who have been entirely supportive, I love you all. I would give you guise each a gold rolex, but I can't. So too bad. xD
Back to top Go down
Ghost
Crispy Stamp of Approval

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:01 pm

BUT YOU CAN.
You know where I live. Gold rolex, please. Cherry. In fact, you can send em all to me, and I'll distribute them to everyone who has supported you. o w o
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 7:12 pm

rofl. Absolutely not. Crispy will hand them out. rofl. In your face.
Back to top Go down
Beanie
If you can't have Scott McCall, why bother?
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:21 pm

I have come up with a solution! Just (at the same time) press command, option, control and 8. It changes the colors on your mac. The members are blue! (to undo it, press the same thing)
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:22 pm

Sophia, what are you talking about?
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 4:24 pm

it's a mac shortcut. It switches all the colors on screen to opposite colors on the color wheel. All the members would be blue. Fixed everything. (Not really)
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:24 pm

That solves, what? xD
Back to top Go down
Beanie
Beanie

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeMon May 21, 2012 8:41 pm

It's irrelevant. I thought that people were concerned about their username color.

But anyway, I'm really disappointed in my fellow members. Of course, every time there is a promotion, I get this pang of jealousy in my head, and I think 'Why aren't I good enough? When will the admins see that I'm doing moderator jobs already?' But even if I'm sad about the fact that I'm still not a mod or cannon or whatever, I always push it out of my head and cheer for the people who did get promoted. Eventually, I'll forget about it and go on to something else. And I'll continue to do my part to make the forum a better place. So if you did complain, think about it for a little. The admins deserve apologies. Everyone does their place, and even if that means stepping down about your own pride, and being happy for someone else, or helping out a new member. This forum is home to a lot of people. I don't want it to break down into fights again like it did about half a year ago.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 19, 2012 3:28 pm

I have no complaints. I have griped on occasion, yes, and I do apologize for those times. It was childish of me, and it had more to do with venting other frustrations than the site itself. No excuses, it was just stupid and immature.

Just remember- if y'all ever need someone to accept characters, I'm always willing :)

-Turtle
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Promotion Complaints   Promotion Complaints I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Promotion Complaints
Page 1 of 1