Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Oops! You're not logged in to Camp Half Blood! If you're already registered with us, click log in. If you're not, you better register before the monsters come get you!
Camp Half Blood
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchGalleryLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to CHB!
Camp Half Blood is the sister site of Camp Jupiter.

The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]

Go down 
+2
Turtle
Sniggle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] Empty
PostSubject: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:50 am

Manticore:

Long, black claws swiped away at the Hera cabin exterior, chipping at the bronze and marble piece by piece. This cabin would be more difficult to break into than the Khione cabin, which the other manticore had been lucky enough to get and was probably have a field day with.

This manticore, situated at the Hera cabin, was foot and a half longer than the one working away at the Khione cabin. It had the same, thick red fur and golden eyes and hair, but with longer teeth and claws, and it snarled more than it roared. In short, it the Khione cabin manticore look like a kitten.

The tail was unusually long for a manticore, with the fur disappearing and a thick leather hide taking its place. On the end were several dozen long, poisoned barbs, toxic to the touch, and lethal if enough seeped into the bloodstream. They were charcoal black, glimmering in the sun's light, and some looked like they could be half a foot long and an inch wide. Contact with them would be most unpleasant.

Chipped pieces of wall rolled into the pile of dust and rubble on the ground, that seemed to be increasing in size with every swipe of the beasts' powerful paws. Low vibrations and hisses emitted from the creature's throat as it grew closer to entering the Hera cabin. Why it had targeted the Hera cabin in the first place? Because the building stood proud and tall, and the manticore took this as a challenge. And there was no doubt in its mind that it lacked the strength to get in...At the pace it went, breathing gusts of air through his nose as the warm wind blew out of his mouth in rhythmic panting, it would be breaking into the cabin in a matter of minutes. This was bad news for anyone inside, as this particular manticore seemed extremely vicious and eager to taste flesh.

---

Avery:

A paw broke through one of the stained glass windows, the colorful shards twinkling as they blasted in and covered the ground.

Avery, who'd been writing small notes here and there in his notebook about what could be improved around the cabin, threw his arms up in defense as shards fell in around him. He was pricked by a few but it didn't hurt particularly badly...not in comparison to how bad it could've been. A string of curses rolled off his tongue as he jumped up from his sitting position, the bunk squeaking from the weight being lifted, sliding the small antique key out from his pocket.

The key changed shape and molded first into a silver hilt, a small globe design smelted into the bottom, with a large, wide blade emerging from the hilt. It was common knowledge to most campers that the sword type Avery was wielding right now was a classic Greek xiphos. The blade rose to nearly two feet in length, and glistened like the shattered glass remains of the Hera cabin windows.

Avery wasn't sure what it was he would be facing, but it didn't much matter. Anything that decided to completely destroy his cabin windows put the cabin leader in a bad mood. He grit his teeth together and mimicked the beasts snarl. All he could see was the arm swiping at air through where the windows once were, searching for a way inside.

"Do not piss me off." He spat viciously, completely undermining the threat.

"Sutton!" He called in his low, gravelly voice. "Sutton, get your butt over here. We have a pest problem at the south window!" Avery figured the girl was probably painting her nails in her leader room or something similar. That would be typical Sutton. He'd decapitate her if she didn't show up and help him fight this thing off. "Sutton I swear to the gods if you don't help me kill this thing I will destroy everything you love with a hammer!" And he would, too. Just because it was Sutton, he'd feel no remorse for it, either.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:56 am

The crash of glass breaking woke Ben from his slumber. He had dozed off, thinking about the off-ca,pus trip he was going to surprise Torin with- two tickets to a movie, followed by dinner- a propper date.. Well, the dinner was pizza, but Ben didn't thnk Torin would care. "Big Bro?" he called over to Torin's bunk. "What was that?"
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:05 am

Torin, somehow, hadn't awoken from Avery's screaming or the crashing of glass. Somehow, it wasn't much of a surprise that there was a midday ruckus in the cabin, what with all the minor god campers roaming about, likely playing with their powers and getting into trouble. Torin saw Hera's bunk less as the minor god bunk and more as the misfits bunk, which was filled with questionable activities that led to the destruction of furniture and disappearance of people's belongings--although the latter was much more commonly seen in the Hermes cabin.

Interestingly enough, it was Ben's voice that woke him up. Specifically Ben's beckoning him. With a mumble, Torin rose from his bunk, wiping sleep out of his eyes. Midday naps were the boy's specialty, so it was no surprise he was sleeping at this time.

But when he felt the cabin shake, he became alert, and tuned in to the world around him. Torin was a little shocked to see their cabin leader, Avery Cooper, with a sword drawn. He was also surprised to see the windows broken and glass all over the floor. And more than anything, he was surprised to see a giant paw forcing its way through the window.

"Glad your finally up." Avery snorted with a quick, dark glance at Torin. While they had never gotten into a fight, the two also didn't get along particularly well. Avery was very...assertive, and Torin tried to avoid the guy as much as possible. In all honesty, he scared Torin. Their other cabin leader wasn't much better.

"How about you get your sorry ass out of bed, grab a weapon, and help me out, huh?" It was more of a demand than a question, and Torin wasn't about to argue.

"Ben," Torin rushed the words and he shifted through his bag of belonging. "Ben, get up. We've got trouble."
Back to top Go down
sasori

sasori

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 4:32 am

Seth awoke to Torin yelling for for Ben. He opened his eyes to see a giant hole in the side of the cabin forming. With a jolt of energy and fright he was up and scanning the area. At last he found his claymore and put on the sheath ready for action. He went to Torin ,who was yelling at Ben, and asked "What in the name of the Gods is going on man?"
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 6:27 am

Sutton didn't have time to bother with Avery, she had her own problems. She grabbed her bow and quiver and proceeded to run out of the cabin, leaving everything behind. If only theguy knew how hard she was working on those new plans. They were ruined now, a whole month's worth of work. She saw the manticore, but didn't shoot. She had decided to stay in the back and watched as some campers fought the manticore. Sutton analyzed the situation, thinking about how ignorant Avery was and how he always thought that she was doing her own thing, painting her nails or something. Truth to be told, Sutton rarely painted her nails. It was all in his damned head.

She saw as a few other of his brothers arrived, and as he yelled something about her ass being sorry. Her ass wasn't sorry, and he had no right to announce that it was. Yes her cabin was about to be shattered to bits and she was thinking about how sorry her ass wasn't. For all she cared, he cold rot in the dirt, but it was her cabin after all, and aiming at the gorwling manticore, she shot an arrow, but she had aimed off, and she had almost grazed it's arm. 'Focus, Sutton. Stop worry about your ass, it's perfectly fine.' she told herself, placing another arrow on the bow and aiming.

Honestly, she couldn't care any less for Avery. She knew the feeling was mutual, but she had to be mature about everything right now. She had to forget how much she hated his guts; how much she hated his being in general and stop wallowing in self pity. It wasn't the time for this, and neither was fighting with each other going to help.

~I tried posting on an ipod. *cheers* Excuse my mistakes and I'll edit them later on.~
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 1:14 pm

Ben climbed out of bed quickly, suddenly awake. He grabbed his bow and quiver from beside his bed. "What we got?" He asked. "Hellhounds?" While he waited for Torin to find his bat, he turned to Seth. "You should stick with us. It'll be safer if we aren't alone."
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who
The Time Travelling Detective
Doctor Who

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 2:59 pm

Charlie

I rolled out of my sleeping bag and pulled on a shirt. I staggered out and drew my sword. "What do we have here?" i asked. I was always reckless. I charged the beast and swinging my sword in small circular motions.
Back to top Go down
sasori

sasori

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 3:15 pm

Seth looked at Ben and Charlie. "We got a over sized manticore on our hands. Personally i wish it was hellhounds." He shook his head watching Charlie blindly running towards the creature. Great, hes already gona get himself killed, he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 10, 2012 11:31 pm

Avery's jaw nearly dropped when his co-cabin leader went running out of the cabin without even pausing to assess the situation. About how a massive manticore was clawing its way into their cabin. He cursed and dove into the chaos, swiping wildly with his weapon at the furry paw pushing through the window. "Oh, you are so demoted!" He hissed, referring to Sutton as she fled through the door with her bow. She could've at least left it for someone else to defend his or herself with.

The manticore felt a sting in the padding of his massive paw as the blade of the brunette camper cut through it. The lion retracted the paw for a moment and hissed, the hissing growing into a pained shriek as an arrow whistled by and stuck into the back of it's from leg.

The window was momentarily clear and sun poured in, but Avery knew better than to assume the fight was over. With caution, xiphos pointed out in front of him, he crept towards the window to peer out, so that he could see where the ugly beast was.

Unfortunately, he got to close, and did not expected what would happen next. He underestimated the size of the monster completely, and was taken by surprise when the monster leapt from its crouching position on the other side of the wall, and broke through the window and wall completely, landing on Avery's chest.

Avery fell back, smacking his head against the granite floor with a grunt, and was pinned by the mass foot, black talons pressing against his tender skin painfully. His sword skittered to the ground out of reach, and so he used both arms to try to pry the massive beast off his body without any luck.

When the ceiling began to cave in, Avery was helpless to the falling debris of stoned that crashed around him, some hitting his arms and legs, some hitting the manticore and bouncing off. The voices and sounds around him became delayed, and his head throbbed as a steady stream of blood trickled down from his forehead, across his cheek and to the ground. A concussion was inevitable, and it probably wouldn't be the last of his injuries.
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 11, 2012 6:45 pm

Ben glanced over at the beast, and saw that it had their cabin leader pinned under a paw. Crap. "Torin, take my bow! I don't think we should get close to this thing!" He tossed his bow and quiver to the older boy. Extending his hands toward the creature, Ben willed his blood move. Several long cuts appeared on his palms, and he fired a volley of blood needles at the creature. The projectiles found their mark, stabbing into the arm that held Avery. "Over here, ya big, stupid lion!"
Back to top Go down
Doctor Who
The Time Travelling Detective
Doctor Who

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 15, 2012 3:25 pm

Charlie

Sprinting towards the beast I bolted left and right dodging rubble from our cabin. Upon reaching the manticore I swung my sword slashing at its leg. I stabbed the tip of my blade in to the leg of the manticore. 'let this not be my fate' i prayed as the blade pierced the skin.
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 16, 2012 12:25 pm

The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] Tumblr_lh1r4aMCpS1qg1xpdo1_500

Niccolo 'Nico' Orion Foxson of Chaos

Lights. Bright lights. Stupid sun, can't give me a damn minute. 

Nico rolled to his other side hastily as if the sun had burned through his eye lids and scorched his sensitive eyes. A sleepy groan of protest escapes his lips as he pulls his blanket over his head. He had a hard night, patrolling the forest for those wandering monsters, and ending up staying up so late he didn't even care to take off his night's outfit. Hell, the shoes he still wore were coated with thick mud and he was sure he'll get an earful of trouble from the new cabin leaders. As if he needed it right now. His mind drifts off into heartfelt slumber as a moment of peace fills the air. A nagging feeling erupts from the pits of his stomach. Nothing was ever peaceful in camp. Usually, when you let your guard down, it was when you'd have to pick it right up and panic. But nothing but flashes of memories and dreamed waved into his head, not really noticing the panicked steps of campers around him. Nor did he notice the anguish cry of a monster and the scraping of armor- he was too far off to care.

And anguish roar of pain reaches his ears as he dug into his pillows, sadly, the blanket may have blocked the sun but it had made him a human oven. Too hot to sleep and with someone yelling or roaring or whatever, Nico finds it hard to rest and therefore finding him groggily propped up by the elbows. His hand searches for the mute button on the alarm- maybe someone left it on. Again. But as he fails to stop the moans and shouts, he then notices the commotion around.

"Not one day." he says to himself and several campers around him gave him a look. Nico wanted to point out that they had no right, since he did do the patrol that night but finds it not worth the effort. Anything out of his eye's sight remained completely out of mind as he tried to focus on why the hell was he awake, oblivious to the big monster several feet into the cabin.

Groggy, sleepy and in a bad mood, he patted his head in simple 'You will rest later.' mental note. He tries to find his belongings, wondering from all the fight if someone decides to 'borrow' something. Not that he had much. He tries to find his shoes under the bunk only to curse at himself remembering tht he didn't take it off.

He hears the yelled out commands of some campers, others waking others and whatnot. It took a moment for him to realize all the hassle everyone was going through, their usual antics replaced by their game faces and the sense of urgency hung low in the air. He saw people charge somewhere, others picking off their weapons and the disaster of the stained windows he didn't care of too much. Nothing important registers in his mind as he searched for any available armor in the room, wondering if it's a drill of some sorts, when something falls above him and at least knocked some sense into his mind. As his vision cleared and he checked nothing was missing like a limb or his head, he looked up to see part of the wall collapsed into a heaping mess. Oh gods, it's raining cement! Nico twisted his body, looking back to the beams and the rattle of teens, he finds himself near a great big manticore, ready to pounce and armed to kill. Back to him, it's deathly tail lashed around as its attention- fortunately- were else ware.

"M-m-manticore!" he whispers silently with his eyes widening in alert as he himself backed down and crouched so he wasn't much of a target. True enough, he found himself behind the beast, it's great behind smelling nothing too fresh. Refusing to hurl out everything he had ever eaten, he placed the hem of his shirt to his nose, covering the foul smell. For now. He looked around and his eyes dart to and fro, trying to find a strategy in the chaos as he'd known. Squinting, he found through the dusty remains that there were a fair share of people handling the threat so he couldn't possibly attack without hurting a fellow camper instead.

Nico made a move to at least help people get to safety, seeing two of the combat medics he knew were in action and cannot help anyone for now. Since he had no intention of being seen so close to the beast, he steps sideways, hearing the shards of of the once beautiful stain glass shatter under his muddy shoes. He looked down to his feet as he stepped on something...fleshy? True enough, he saw a thigh pertrude from the rubble and Nico was sure there was someone underneathe. Not wanting anyone gone out I this way, he keeled down.

"Hey bud?! You okay?!" he asked, tugging on the cement so it wouldn't cause more damage. Stupid thing to say to someone under the rubble grave he thought to himself. But that was what people in the medical field do right? Asses damage and keep the people consious? Who was he kidding! He wasn't a medic! He was a soldier! 

But Nico knew better than to leave someone like this. He'll hate himself if he let the person under down. Person? Under, down? Funny choices of words, he thought bitterly, heaving the object off. Nico, with a rather loud huff, shoves the material off and finds someone, bruised and bloodied but awfull familiar. 

"Hey buddy! Hey! Don't die on me!" Nico says, slapping the boy (Avery) into the world. As he saw the teen was sure to drift into unconsciousness. "Hey! Look at me alright?!" Nico knew better than let anyone sleep. In cases he knew too well, if they sleep, there's no telling if they'd ever wake up back. 

Just then, the manticore yelled or rather roared out it's protest. Without looking, Nico had shrugged it off as it getting tired and be surpressed. Knowingly giving such great faith and trust he gave the people, Nico squints his eyes in effort as he imagined some medical bandages appear in his long fingers. But if he did look, he must have seen the deadly spike headed his way. Instead, he felt it pierce his shoulder, just above his chest and terribly painful it blinded him. A shout of surprise and pain reaches his mouth and without warning, he doubled over, blood dripping and making more pain ripples through his body. Nico looks up to see the beast looking at him, eyes hateful like Nico stole his lunch or something. As if, Nico knew he had more taste than dead meat.

"You're so dead." Nico threteanted through gritten teeth, but as he said it the monster's attention was passed to a smaller boy who bluntly struck his sword to the monster. Nico blinked back stray tears for a while, repoving the spike with a painful yelp, and gripped his side. All this happened with a few painful words no one in their proper mind would be used to hearing.

"You're okay..we're okay.." Nico says, mumbling incoherent words as his mind flew into over drive. A medical kit appeared into his hands and he blinks back, wondering why he'd summoned it when all he thought about were some clean bandages to patch both of them up. Not really complaining, he opened it and all the supplies fell onto the dirty floor. "We're alright."

Nico tried so hard to keep the head wound stop from bleeding- knowing all his life that head wounds were the most dangerous when he saw the blood trickling down his cheek. After patching it up- mostly attaching the sticky medical tape and the bandage on, he grips his side to himself, getting clammy and paler by the moment. His eyes shifts irritatingly, trying hard to focus and move without stressing his wounds more. He looks at the boy and his eyebrows knit up high on his forehead. "We- we better go somewhere safe. Are you good?"

OOC: ((Ipod post too! Yay!))
EDIT: Yeah, edited~ Hope it's better. ((Thanks Turtle!))

Last edited by Banana on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:16 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Turtle

Turtle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 17, 2012 12:23 am

((OOC: I recommend editing that, Sniggy is on a crusade against powerplaying right now.))
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 8:31 pm

ooc// Question, is Nico patching his own head wound or Avery's? Just want to be sure before I post--YES TURTLE, I PLAN TO POST. ~LOOK AT THAT~
Back to top Go down
Banana
Banana

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:42 am

((OOC: Yep Avery's. Nico's got his shoulder grazed. Sorry if my post's not really that clear.))
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 12:50 am

((Sutton needs to save some Avery ass. rofl. COMON, SUTTON HAS HER BOW READY. dhfasdlljkh Can't we just move on with the plot? *twitch* IknowI'mgettingannoyingbut, jdklj;fakd.))
Back to top Go down
Sniggle
Mega Asshole Duo
Sniggle

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:07 am

Ooc// so long as I still have people to hurt and kill, no.
Back to top Go down
cher
Experienced Poster
cher

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:49 am

ooc//*sobs*. no, I'm just kidding... I'll wait.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]   The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Devil is in the Details [Hera's Destruction: Open to those who registered]
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Camp Half Blood :: Miscellaneous :: Graveyard-
Jump to: